Ticket price hypocrisy

brummie

David Gold, Birmingham City director, today, after introducing cut price tickets for a match for the first time ever:

Clubs keep getting money and giving it to agents and players but fans get nothing. That's obscene. The average bloke and his two kids can't afford to go to matches.

Cutting prices will not make a dot of difference to clubs but it will to fans. At present, we are treating them like mushrooms - keeping them in the dark and feeding them manure.

The price Birmingham City are charging Aston Villa supporters to attend the away match at St Andrews?

£55.00.

Spot the inconsistency.

David Gold, Birmingham City director, today, after introducing cut price tickets for a match for the first time ever:

Clubs keep getting money and giving it to agents and players but fans get nothing. That's obscene. The average bloke and his two kids can't afford to go to matches.

Cutting prices will not make a dot of difference to clubs but it will to fans. At present, we are treating them like mushrooms - keeping them in the dark and feeding them manure.

The price Birmingham City are charging Aston Villa supporters to attend the away match at St Andrews?

£55.00.

Spot the inconsistency.

My initial reaction was one of astonishment that 90 minutes of football could possibly justify paying £55 to watch........................then I thought "how many empty seats will there be in the away end?"

They charge as much because they KNOW the demand is there. If it's that disgraceful - the away end will be deserted but everyone knows that it won't be.

Agree with the sentiment but this just isn't the same game anymore.  :-X

Word is there will be a boycott.

55 quid to soil myself by setting foot in that festering, decaying shit hole, probably exposing myself to foot and mouth in the process? I think not.

55 pounds. Jesus fucking Christ.

£55 is ridiculous like.  blueyes.gif

I just think the possibility of humiliating them on their own park is too good an opportunity to dig your heels for. How would you feel if you whacked them 0-4 and you missed it because the ticket was £55?

They know it's a high-demand game and they're pushing it as far as they think they can. 

Word is there will be a boycott.

55 quid to soil myself by setting foot in that festering, decaying shit hole, probably exposing myself to foot and mouth in the process? I think not.

55 pounds. Jesus fucking Christ.

£55 is ridiculous like.  blueyes.gif

I just think the possibility of humiliating them on their own park is too good an opportunity to dig your heels for. How would you feel if you whacked them 0-4 and you missed it because the ticket was £55?

They know it's a high-demand game and they're pushing it as far as they think they can. 

To be honest, I doubt I'll get a ticket anyway, as I don't do enough away games these days so will be too far down the priority list, but even so ....

Hopefully these scum will be back where they belong next season.

Disgrace charging 55 quid for a match. They deserve an empty stadium and to play in the Championship.

Thing is, charging 55 quid for a match is bad, but then going public complaining about the prices clubs are charging when your own filthy little club is amongst the worst offenders just beggars belief.

Guest Knightrider

Disgrace charging 55 quid for a match. They deserve an empty stadium and to play in the Championship.

Thing is, charging 55 quid for a match is bad, but then going public complaining about the prices clubs are charging when your own filthy little club is amongst the worst offenders just beggars belief.

You'd get 11 matches in Germany for that price.

God I hope football goes bust.

Guest eyeball_tickler

"At present, we are treating them like mushrooms - keeping them in the dark and feeding them manure"

very, very appropriate metaphor for almost every club/supporter relationship.

You thinking away fans are taken into consideration.  They can be overcharged & nobody gives a s*** if they are at away ground & there is no or very little public transport to get home.

AWAY FANS - THE FORGOTTON PEOPLE!!!!

Birmingham have always overcharged away fans but £55 is ridiculous.

Didn't we have to pay around £40 last time they were in the Premiership although they did charge less in the Cup last season.

They're charging Man United fans £45 this weekend, but apparently we get the special treatment and an extra tenner slapped on.

Apart fom a semi or a final there would be zero chance I'd pay £55 to watch the Toon play.

Hopefully Villa themselves will refuse to sell the tickets to their fans at that price. I'm certain the majority of Villa supporters would agree it was the right thing to do.

What will a Birmingham supporter pay for a ticket if they turned up at the box office to purchase one?

it should be the same for home fans though, isn't there a rule that stipulates for home fans in similar seats the same cost has to be incurred?

Unfortunately there's a lot of room for different interpretation of the term "similar seats", that's the way they manage to do it, I believe.

I think £30 for away fans is too much! But £55, and for a shitty ground like St Andrews! Utter gobsh*te!  :rant:

I was at the cup game back in January and had to sit with the Birmingham fans because of ticket allocation, but I think my tickets were £20 summit each. That seems about right for all football grounds and competitions.

If you think about it, yes sure there is supply and demand issues, but football clubs take advantage of this way too much considering they could offer cheaper tickets and still get a substantial sum of money! If there isn't the demand because of the price, like at so many mid-lower teams, then it only makes sense to offer really cheap tickets and gain greater support!

There are so many managers complaining about the lack of support - heck back in January it was Steve Bruce moaning about it in an after-game interview!!

I don't think supporters will ever get there way!