Rafa tells Big Sam to butt out

Thespence

Rafa Benitez believes Sam Allardyce may have a memory problem if he thinks Liverpool have struggled in the Premier League in recent seasons.

The Newcastle boss reportedly stated the Spanish tactician was only clinging onto his Anfield post due to his impressive UEFA Champions League achievements.

However, Benitez is happy with The Reds' two third-placed finishes in the last two seasons and has told Allardyce to worry about his own business on Tyneside.

"I want to say two things," Benitez told the club's official website.

"Firstly, I think he should be more worried about his own business because he must have more problems than to waste time talking about other managers.

"Secondly, has he forgotten Liverpool winning the Super Cup, FA Cup and Champions League as well as reaching another Champions League final, a Carling Cup final and twice finishing third in the Premier League?

"Maybe he doesn't have a great memory."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2744624,00.html

Well said Rafa.

Sometimes Sam needs to shut his gob, it reminds me of when he was launching into Roeder about coaching badges.

wow Rafa just ko'd sam there  :thup:. Tbh didnt really see what Allardyce said.

The former Bolton boss let fly a scathing attack on Benitez, suggesting the Spaniard lacked the right mentality to lift the Premiership title.

Allardyce redeems himself by saying that from the six British teams involved in the competition, Liverpool have the best chance of lifting the Champions League.

But it’s his comments regarding Liverpool’s Premiership credentials that are likely to cause the most controversy. The Newcastle boss also sensationally claims that Benitez would have been sacked were it not for his side’s success in Europe.

“Rafa would be very lucky to be in a job if he hadn’t got to two Champions League finals, because they’ve has some very, very poor finishes in the Premier League,” he told Zoo magazine.

“While they are a very good Champions League team, they’re not a Premier League-winning side yet. They don’t have the mentality to win that yet.

“Being a foreigner, Rafa doesn’t understand it’s supposed to be Premier league first, Champions League second.”

Rafa Benitez believes Sam Allardyce may have a memory problem if he thinks Liverpool have struggled in the Premier League in recent seasons.

The Newcastle boss reportedly stated the Spanish tactician was only clinging onto his Anfield post due to his impressive UEFA Champions League achievements.

However, Benitez is happy with The Reds' two third-placed finishes in the last two seasons and has told Allardyce to worry about his own business on Tyneside.

"I want to say two things," Benitez told the club's official website.

"Firstly, I think he should be more worried about his own business because he must have more problems than to waste time talking about other managers.

"Secondly, has he forgotten Liverpool winning the Super Cup, FA Cup and Champions League as well as reaching another Champions League final, a Carling Cup final and twice finishing third in the Premier League?

"Maybe he doesn't have a great memory."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2744624,00.html

Well said Rafa.

:thup: Rafa

The former Bolton boss let fly a scathing attack on Benitez, suggesting the Spaniard lacked the right mentality to lift the Premiership title.

Allardyce redeems himself by saying that from the six British teams involved in the competition, Liverpool have the best chance of lifting the Champions League.

But its his comments regarding Liverpools Premiership credentials that are likely to cause the most controversy. The Newcastle boss also sensationally claims that Benitez would have been sacked were it not for his side?s success in Europe.

Rafa would be very lucky to be in a job if he hadnt got to two Champions League finals, because theyve has some very, very poor finishes in the Premier League, he told Zoo magazine.

While they are a very good Champions League team, theyre not a Premier League-winning side yet. They dont have the mentality to win that yet.

Being a foreigner, Rafa doesnt understand its supposed to be Premier league first, Champions League second.

Very disappointing on Big Sam part

I don't like this Rafa guy to be honest he is too selffish for his own cause. He sacked his assistant manger bacause he is too freindly with Morinho now after the speacial one left Chealsea he fail to recognize his abilitis. What kind of mentality he have I don't know very unsportsmanship.

Your man started it with his unsubstantiated attack on Rafa, the dirty foreigner teken orl wor jobz, man.

And now he's digging himself an even bigger hole with his latest round of drivel. Rafa has never publically attacked any manager without reason, and is one of the more humble managers out there.

I don't like this Rafa guy to be honest he is too selffish for his own cause. He sacked his assistant manger bacause he is too freindly with Morinho now after the speacial one left Chealsea he fail to recognize his abilitis. What kind of mentality he have I don't know very unsportsmanship.

:idiot2:

Your man started it with his unsubstantiated attack on Rafa, the dirty foreigner teken orl wor jobz, man.

And now he's digging himself an even bigger hole with his latest round of drivel. Rafa has never publically attacked any manager without reason, and is one of the more humble managers out there.

And you can fuk off you stupid scouse cunt.

Why on earth so many fuking bellends from other clubs come and sign up here i do not know. Got nowt else to do you dumb prick?

And you can fuk off you stupid scouse c***.

Why on earth so many fuking bellends from other clubs come and sign up here i do not know. Got nowt else to do you dumb prick?

Spot on!!!

We can show our disgust because he is our boss but other people coming on here giving it portions can fuck off.

THIS IS OUR CLUB & WE WILL PICK FAULT NOBODY ELSE!!!

I hope that Allardyce is as bad here as Rafa has been at Liverpool.....

But as for the peabrained scouse @rsehole....eff off back to your scouse rat infested hovel.

Guest Knightrider

Rafa and Big Sam go back a few years now, Rafa complained about Bolton's style and basically called them thugs not so long back. Seems Big Sam gets under his skin :lol:

Harmless.