Newcastle United 3 - 1 West Ham - 23/09/07 - Post match reaction from page 14

Dave

HT.

Cracks showing in Zoggy as a left back in this game must say... can't fault the effort, but dodgy positioning at times. Just shows what we could be missing with him in a more purely attacking role, about time to stop the nonsense and just have him in left midfield already. Another reason is we really really need Milner out on the right!

Anyone else for once really hoping Smith does get booked, that would be 5 and a suspension on the way :lol:

smith loves collecting yellow cards, he's attempting to do so. But fails, try again after half time.

He had a fair point there tbh, could see him saying to the ref 'why is it me, just me?' when both players were doing the same.

Same for rooney, why is it always him.

Well their reputation precedes them. Just saying he had a fair point in that particular incident.

havent played too badly, some nice passing apart from a spell in the middle where we looked dodgy. Viduka has been our best player. Beye hasnt looked bad, dont think Smith has offered us anything again, though to be fair to him he is out of position. Id put Enrique on for Smith, and have Zoggy, Butt, Geremi, Milner accross the middle.

smith loves collecting yellow cards, he's attempting to do so. But fails, try again after half time.

He had a fair point there tbh, could see him saying to the ref 'why is it me, just me?' when both players were doing the same.

Same for rooney, why is it always him.

Well their reputation precedes them. Just saying he had a fair point in that particular incident.

Smudger has endured a couple of rough tackles and imo made a fair point to the ref. Also he's playing well and moving inside as a third forward when Beye overlaps which is what I think SA is trying to do with him.

Zoggy is the best player on the park today imo.

West Ham slightly the better side, Harper made a couple of good saves.

Viduka looks a class act, Zoggy is playing his best footy ever. Cacapa looks cool as ice, when you expect him to blast it out, he makes a turn or a cute pass. Also refreshing to see him telling Zoggy where he's going wrong etc...

Shame our midfield has NO creativity, only person really creatin owt is our LB. Otherwise we are humpin it up to Vid.

As everyone says, we need Zog on LW, and Milner RW.

Btw I'd like to see those who don't rate Viduka say something after this game. Ignoring the two goals, his all-round play has been fucking excellent.

It's a fine line when you play in that position, but you have to contrast it with the Boro game. Great goal there, but very poor overall. Today, brilliant.

Guest kingdawson

Btw I'd like to see those who don't rate Viduka say something after this game. Ignoring the two goals, his all-round play has been f****** excellent.

Viduka is quite possibly your best player tbh. One of my favourite non spurs players.

sorry lads but i feel kind of lucky and im going to have to back h.camara to score the next goal. Looking at the paddpower website, i cant actually do it as camara isnt on the list >:( >:(

Btw I'd like to see those who don't rate Viduka say something after this game. Ignoring the two goals, his all-round play has been fucking excellent.

It's a fine line when you play in that position, but you have to contrast it with the Boro game. Great goal there, but very poor overall. Today, brilliant.

He's having a good game. Could have picked out Owen toward the end but decided to go for the third and who can blame him.

Beye with pace, skill and control is making all the difference on the right hand side, what a refreshing change from Carr/Taylor etc.. :thup:

Btw I'd like to see those who don't rate Viduka say something after this game. Ignoring the two goals, his all-round play has been f****** excellent.

Viduka is quite possibly your best player tbh. One of my favourite non spurs players.

sorry lads but i feel kind of lucky and im going to have to back h.camara to score the next goal. Looking at the paddpower website, i cant actually do it as camara isnt on the list >:( >:(

I think Zoggy is pulling the strings.

Viduka REALLY nearly missed that. :laugh:

...but you can see he is a goalscorer as he changed his body shape for a ball that was almost behind him...Shola for one would have fallen over.. :razz:

At that point, Shola would have been stood on the corner flag or something

More plus points than negative. West Ham are a canny team tbh.

Both their forwards are taller (I think?) than our centre backs so no real surprise they're winning most of the aerial stuff.

Would like to see a dedicated LB on and Zog ahead of him, other than that and the obvious creative midfield, not too bad at all.

Ashton looks class, him and Owen up front for England.