Charles N'Zogbia at left back

James

Errr...I know it isn't a good point for sticking N'Zog at left back,

but i do think Milner's presence at left wing contributes a lot to N'Zog's impressive attacking performance.

Once Milner is back to the right, I still expect him to play well, not not as good as now.

Milner was anonymous today against a shit fullback. Again. Zogbia was a far greater threat. Smith played very well and kept the teams shape then moved up front and did well enough there too. Basically I'd happily replace Zogbia with Enrique and move him forward, drop Milner and hopefully buy someone who can cross a ball to play on the right or move Duff there when he is back. It does seem unfair that some fucker keeps putting ditches of treacle down wherever Milner runs though.

but i do think Milner's presence at left wing contributes a lot to N'Zog's impressive attacking performance.

Once Milner is back to the right, I still expect him to play well, not not as good as now.

Milner was anonymous today against a shit fullback. Again. Zogbia was a far greater threat. Smith played very well and kept the teams shape then moved up front and did well enough there too. Basically I'd happily replace Zogbia with Enrique and move him forward, drop Milner and hopefully buy someone who can cross a ball to play on the right or move Duff there when he is back. It does seem unfair that some fucker keeps putting ditches of treacle down wherever Milner runs though.

I think Milner's an ideal partner for an attacking full back like N'Zogbia.  Good defensively and not afraid to give the ball to someone else if they are in a better position than him.

Also worth noting that Milner also isn't a left winger, just as N'Zogbia isn't a left back.  as a pair of "Stand-ins" though they've done very well

Milner was anonymous today against a s*** fullback. Again. Zogbia was a far greater threat. Smith played very well and kept the teams shape then moved up front and did well enough there too. Basically I'd happily replace Zogbia with Enrique and move him forward, drop Milner and hopefully buy someone who can cross a ball to play on the right or move Duff there when he is back. It does seem unfair that some fucker keeps putting ditches of treacle down wherever Milner runs though.

I think Milner's an ideal partner for an attacking full back like N'Zogbia.  Good defensively and not afraid to give the ball to someone else if they are in a better position than him.

Also worth noting that Milner also isn't a left winger, just as N'Zogbia isn't a left back.  as a pair of "Stand-ins" though they've done very well

N'Zogbia has done very well. Milner is a "winger" (in the loosest sense) and played on both sides with equal ineptitude today. He's in an important position on the pitch with the formation Sam plays. Sadly, he simply isn't good enough.

Evra seems to enjoy overlapping irrespective of the defensive shortcomings of Ronaldo when he is on the left. Cole did very similar with Pires and Bernard with Robert. The attacking threat they had meant people couldn't leave them alone. Sadly, teams can do that with our "winger".

Milner was anonymous today against a s*** fullback. Again. Zogbia was a far greater threat. Smith played very well and kept the teams shape then moved up front and did well enough there too. Basically I'd happily replace Zogbia with Enrique and move him forward, drop Milner and hopefully buy someone who can cross a ball to play on the right or move Duff there when he is back. It does seem unfair that some fucker keeps putting ditches of treacle down wherever Milner runs though.

N'Zogbia has done very well. Milner is a "winger" (in the loosest sense) and played on both sides with equal ineptitude today. He's in an important position on the pitch with the formation Sam plays. Sadly, he simply isn't good enough.

Evra seems to enjoy overlapping irrespective of the defensive shortcomings of Ronaldo when he is on the left. Cole did very similar with Pires and Bernard with Robert. The attacking threat they had meant people couldn't leave them alone. Sadly, teams can do that with our "winger".

Yes, but Evra, Cole and Bernard were all left backs. 

I don't really see what your comparison has to do wth the point I'm trying to make.  My point was that Milner's a good partner for an inexperienced left back like N'zogbia (who as I said isn't even a left back), and they've both done well playing out of position so far this season, and have complimented each other pretty well as a pair.

Yes, but Evra, Cole and Bernard were all left backs. 

I don't really see what your comparison has to do wth the point I'm trying to make.  My point was that Milner's a good partner for an inexperienced left back like N'zogbia (who as I said isn't even a left back), and they've both done well playing out of position so far this season, and have complimented each other pretty well as a pair.

My point is that N'Zogbia is an inexperienced left back who has played an awful lot better than a relatively experienced "winger". I don't think they have played at all well together. Quite the contrary. Milner has been poor, and he has been equally poor on both flanks. As I said, I'd happily see Zog further up the field and put Geremi on the right until Duff is fit. That cross from Milner in the first half was up there with Wayne Fereday's finest moments.

Not good enough, and has been found out.

It showed today that he hates being under any pressure, gives the ball away too much, players are able to run inside and behind him, gets turned easily, can only tackle when tracking back.

No coincidence that West ham looked most threatening down their right hand side. Unsettled Cacapa as well, who gave him a real bollocking at one point.

Stick him in midfield.

This is why people that don't go to the match shouldn't be allowed an opinion.  What a tit.

I'll say this though - he's wasted at left back.  I'd much rather see him on the left, Milner on the right, and Enrique at left back.  But to say that he's not good enough and has been found out is cobblers.  The lad was quality today.

It showed today that he hates being under any pressure, gives the ball away too much, players are able to run inside and behind him, gets turned easily, can only tackle when tracking back.

No coincidence that West ham looked most threatening down their right hand side. Unsettled Cacapa as well, who gave him a real bollocking at one point.

Stick him in midfield.

This is why people that don't go to the match shouldn't be allowed an opinion.  What a tit.

I'll say this though - he's wasted at left back.  I'd much rather see him on the left, Milner on the right, and Enrique at left back.  But to say that he's not good enough and has been found out is cobblers.  The lad was quality today.

He did well at times and not at others but his attacking threat is far greater than anything else we have at the moment. You're right about the telly watchers though.

Stick him in midfield.

He's just fishing for a bite mate

Guest michaelfoster

Just seen the interview with him on SSN, i think he needs a new barber, whats with the stupid lineshe's got shaved into he side of his head :D

Better as a left winger but to say he was found out as a left back today is a huge steaming pile of shit :lol:

I remember at least 2 occasions he beat player much taller than him in the air and his pace was too much for them even when they were through at times.

Top class going forward but also did well at the back.

Hand on heart I was honestly waiting for the punch line when I was reading the OP :lol:

Guest Knightrider

Not ideal but in the circumstance he's done very well as a left-back. He needs to play left wing though and the team needs him there too. He was sloppy throughout today and very careless but where it matters he was absolute quality and could become some player if or when these chinks in his overall game disappear.

Btw, is there a full-back that's scored more goals in the Premiership this season than him?

Arca has two, Bale also. Not sure if those have been playing at the back though.

Pretty sure both have been played in midfield.

Btw, is there a full-back that's scored more goals in the Premiership this season than him?

Arca has two, Bale also. Not sure if those have been playing at the back though.

Yeah, knew someone was going to say Bale. Zoggy's got three anyway. :D

Class player. I'll be bold and wager now that, at the end of Allardyce's reign here (whenever that is), we'll say that rejuvinating N'Zogbia was one of his biggest and key achievements...

Very bold, then. :lol:

This board just amazes me sometimes. Zoggy, playing at ful back while our £ 6 mil left bak is injured, does a canny job, sets up 2 and scores the other, done some very good defensive work, and then a thread is made about him saying he shouldnt be playing at left back!!!!!!

Of course he shouldnt you plank! Its coz there is no one else! But he's done a decent job for a left winger! Bloody hell, i cant believe some of the stuff i read on here!

Guest Guinness

N'Zogbia was top class today. Sure he looks a little uncomfortable defensively sometimes, but that's because left back is not his natural position. I think he's filled in excellently (Derby excluded) in the absence of Enrique. Hopefully now Enrique is fit again we'll see a lot more of what he's good at on the left of midfield.

My MOM today, easily.

Obviously still new to the LB position and he'd prefer to be further upfield but dear me, what a ridiculous thread.

N'Zogbia has been player of the season so far from LB, the amount of assists/goals he's got from there is insane. I dread to think where we'd be without him. Cannot wait to see him and Enrique as a permanent fixture down the left, mind. Let's hope they can both stay fit and perform.

Smith got involved more today than he usually does but he didn't keep his position out on the right at all IMO, he often kept drifting into the middle leaving Beye up against 2 players, I'm surprised Allardyce didn't swap him and Geremi over if Smith struggled to stay wide.

Milner put in his typical performance of a few step overs, shite crosses and very little else.

Guest optimistic nit

Bale is lb, but i'm pretty sure arca is cm.

He's played on the wing for Spurs this season though.

Guest optimistic nit

He's played on the wing for Spurs this season though.

oh, i didn't know that (stating the obvious).