Michael Owen.

Crumpy Gunt

He is just unlucky man, yes its fkn frustrating but these suggestions that he only cares about England blah blah blah is shite, he was as chuffed as everyone else when Vids scored his goals, you could tell the way he twisted when he went down that it hurt a lot and he had no choice but to go off.

He will coem good I am sure but it means Martins will get a shot at starting to lets juts wait and see what happens next with Owen.

yeahhhhh - a michael owen hate thread - what a great fuckin idea....

Sick of the stick he gets over it, yes England matters to him but he still needs/wants to be fit and playing for us!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2752018,00.html

Sam on it..

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce says the club will provide the best surgeon in the world for Michael Owen, if the striker requires an operation on his troublesome groin.

Owen was forced off during the Magpies' 3-1 win over West Ham on Sunday after feeling his groin injury play-up.

And it is now thought that Owen may require an operation to fix the problem, which would rule him out of England's upcoming Euro 2008 qualifiers next month.

However Allardyce says it will be Newcastle's interests, not England's, that will be taken into account when considering surgery.

"I will look after Michael Owen's interest and Newcastle's, and no one else," the former Bolton boss said in the Daily Mirror.

"If he needs an operation we will find the best surgeon in the world and then he'll recover quicker than anyone. If he needs it we will find the best."

Allardyce had already confirmed that Owen will miss Newcastle's Carling Cup tie against Arsenal on Tuesday, but is still unsure of the extent of the injury.

He added: "I will wait for them to tell us what the problem is and what is needed."

i'd also like to see him get the operation now, martins is easily capable of filling in. furthermore, zoggy and milner should be playing on the wings, leaving smith free to play up front in case martins og viduka are injured.

i'd also like to see him get the operation now, martins is easily capable of filling in. furthermore, zoggy and milner should be playing on the wings, leaving smith free to play up front in case martins og viduka are injured.

Agreed. Sure Big Sam will call it right though.

Im not an owen hater, hes been a class player for years, and Id love to see him banging them in for us, but lets be honest hes looked nothing like the player real madrid signed, and you have to ask yourself why none of the big four came in for him. How come he can manage 90 minutes for England and play through the pain barrier? He had the hernia problem then and everytime he speaks its about england not NUFC who pay his wages. When do you think you`ll be back in action michael? Im targeting England next blah blah fucking blah.

Martins must be seething sat on bench watching a half fit out of form Owen stroll about while hes sat there last seasons top scorer and the most threatining striker weve got at the moment warming the bench. FFS.

Im not an owen hater, hes been a class player for years, and Id love to see him banging them in for us, but lets be honest hes looked nothing like the player real madrid signed, and you have to ask yourself why none of the big four came in for him. How come he can manage 90 minutes for England and play through the pain barrier? He had the hernia problem then and everytime he speaks its about england not NUFC who pay his wages. When do you think you`ll be back in action michael? Im targeting England next blah blah f****** blah.

Martins must be seething sat on bench watching a half fit out of form Owen stroll about while hes sat there last seasons top scorer and the most threatining striker weve got at the moment warming the bench. FFS.

Link please.

no link its a generalisation, everytime hes out and I pick up a paer or hes being interviewed its the same old shite, and yes you could say the reporters are asking him the question, but is it hard to say, my priority is to get fit and start scoring goals for my club?

It's hard to see light at the end of the tunnel when he's breaking down again and again with different complaints. His foot, then his knee, now his groin.

It's becoming a similar situation to Woodgate. Great player to have when fit, but is it worth the hassle? I'd give him the rest of this season definitely, god knows we've waited long enough and we owe it to ourselves to give him a chance. But if this goes on all season then there's no doubt in my mind that we should be looking at a new striker next summer.

If Oba Martins goes to the African Nations Cup in the New Year I think that his priorities are obvious too!

I know what you mean in a way, but doesn't anyone actually want England to qualify? Cos without EMO they've got no chance!

Up until Shearer retired from England he was just the same, he always wanted to play for his country, he would have been dissapointed to miss out on the qualifiers as well (if that is the case)

Anyway, Sam said if he needs the hernia operation he will have it, and not delay it for England. As it should be.

If Oba Martins goes to the African Nations Cup in the New Year I think that his priorities are obvious too!

I know what you mean in a way, but doesn't anyone actually want England to qualify? Cos without EMO they've got no chance!

Up until Shearer retired from England he was just the same, he always wanted to play for his country, he would have been dissapointed to miss out on the qualifiers as well (if that is the case)

Anyway, Sam said if he needs the hernia operation he will have it, and not delay it for England. As it should be.

That's not really a fair comparison is it? Everyone knows the ANC is in January so you take this into consideration when signing them, however if Martins struggled by all of December even though he was clearly injured just to play in the ANC then I'd be pretty pissed off too, especially if we knew he would need an operation when he returned.

That's not really a fair comparison is it? Everyone knows the ANC is in January so you take this into consideration when signing them, however if Martins struggled by all of December even though he was clearly injured just to play in the ANC then I'd be pretty pissed off too, especially if we knew he would need an operation when he returned.

It's a deliberately unfair comparison, as I think that a lot of the criticism of EMO is unfair. Especially about things he hasn't even done yet!

I always think that we expect the worst because we never believed we actually deserved to have a player like that at the Toon, and it's almost like a self fulfilling prophecy. It's obvious he loves playing for England, he always has, so he's bound to want to keep playing if he can but why turn that into a stick to beat him with? I would have thought it was a medical decision, not his to make or otherwise it would affect his insurance?

It's a deliberately unfair comparison, as I think that a lot of the criticism of EMO is unfair. Especially about things he hasn't even done yet!

I always think that we expect the worst because we never believed we actually deserved to have a player like that at the Toon, and it's almost like a self fulfilling prophecy. It's obvious he loves playing for England, he always has, so he's bound to want to keep playing if he can but why turn that into a stick to beat him with? I would have thought it was a medical decision, not his to make or otherwise it would affect his insurance?

I think alot of the criticism he gets is unfair too, however I did say if he does put off having an operation to play for England then I won't be happy, he's clearly not fit and has some sort of a problem, would it be a coincidence if he struggles along and has to have an operation directly after those two Internationals?

I've no problem with Owen preferring to play for England more however I do if it means he can't fully give his all while playing for us because of injury, this is all hypothetical at the moment anyway as we don't know the full story as of yet, hopefully he won't need an operation at all.

If he struggles by for a few weeks and has an operation after the England games then his priorities will be obvious.

According to Allardyce, Cacapa has a similar injury, and he is being treated the same way as Owen, so I don't think there is an issue related to internationals in this case.

If he struggles by for a few weeks and has an operation after the England games then his priorities will be obvious.

According to Allardyce, Cacapa has a similar injury, and he is being treated the same way as Owen, so I don't think there is an issue related to internationals in this case.

Putting of an operation is not really unusual with an International period coming up, I remember Shearer putting one off so he could have it in the International break so he missed less playing time for us, I'd expect the same thing to happen with Cacapa if he needs one.

Guest optimistic nit

Well lets have a look!

England's creative midfield compared to ours! hmmmmmmm

Thats the reason he's looked good for england!  I think we just need to lay off him now!

fat immobile lazy viduka scored 2 last game.

I think a lot of the 'he only cares about england' stuff comes from the media and the way they ask questions. I saw a post west ham tv interview with big sam, and the reporter asked "how is michael owen"..Big Sam: "hes done his groin having scan etc" then Sam moved onto the team performance for a while. Reporters next question "so will michael owen be having an operation?" or along those lines.

My opinion of Owen though is that until he is putting in top drawer performances for 4 or 5 weeks in a row, he should not be automatically starting. Sam has shown with the goalkeepers that it is play well and keep the shirt - he should do the same with strikers and Martins should be keeping Owen out of the team until Owen earns his place.

Well lets have a look!

England's creative midfield compared to ours! hmmmmmmm

Thats the reason he's looked good for england!  I think we just need to lay off him now!

fat immobile lazy viduka scored 2 last game.

Owen scored the winner against Wigan! You're point is?

Sick of the stick he gets over it, yes England matters to him but he still needs/wants to be fit and playing for us!!

He just doesnt try, sick of the stick for owen? just think how shola must feel

yes hes not very good but he trys unlike owen and actually wants to play for us!

He just doesnt try, sick of the stick for owen? just think how shola must feel

yes hes not very good but he trys unlike owen and actually wants to play for us!

:lol: