Scandanavian Toon Fans

Stevie

just want to say that i am  a newcastle supporter from norway(bergen) , it was amazing to see so many nufc fans in oslo on the lillestrøm game ...both english and  Scandanavian.  I have a lot of fun  on belfreys (pub in oslo)  when i drank with the nufc fans ;)

Guest Johan

Liverpool is the best supported English club in Sweden, atleast that is my experience. And about only supporting you local teams. If that is how it should be, you would only be allowed you local players. Not that much fun watching Swedish football when the best players leave before they hardly play for a Swedish team.

Thanks for the positive opinions about us scandinavian fans....

Almost all my friends support Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and some of them support Chelsea.

No way in hell you can imagine how much shit i have got from my friends through all these years that i have supported NUFC.

But the funny thing is that EVEN i know alot more than them about the teams that they support  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif (so i guess that shows how much their teams really mean to them)

They just watch the games (when on tv) and look at the table and smile. They NEVER look on the internet what really is going on.

Or maybe im just a little weird spending hour after hour on the internet every day trying to find something new to read about, dont know how many sites i visit several times a day  blueeek.gif

And this internet world will probably get me kicked out of my job soon, been warned a couple of times already  bluelaugh.gif

In my town where i live Elfsborg plays and are 3 points from the top of the table and one of the favourite teams to win the highest division here in Sweden (called Allsvenskan) but i still support NUFC much much more, will never be able to love Elfsborg as much as Newcastle Utd. Why i dont know, but i guess that's because i have dedicated so much time around everything that Newcastle is about for all these years from when i was a kid. It's only lately that i have start going to Elfsborgs games because a friend of mine is a big fan of them and i like to watch football. And of course i like Elfsborg as well..But i cant imagine myself having two teams in my heart. Not at the same way anyway. Elfsborg will never be able to change a good day to a disastrous day for me (like supporting Newcastle has done to us way too often for several years) We deserve something really good once again soon, at least some luck with whatever it might be.

And i guess that there are many fans out there just like me who really loves a club even through difficult times that even dont live in the same Country or city..Like a friend of mine who was with me in Lilleström...We stood just behind the right of the goal..Just in front of the balkony..There were some guys down there in front of us. Any member from this forum? One who i can remember had his head shaved and a "NUFC" tattoo on his back if i remember correctly, and had his shirt off (what do you call a guy with no hair? bald or what's it called? hehe)

And it's nice to hear from some people that they appreciate the support from fans that are not born and raised in Newcastle.

Guest Mushans

Next year, I'm thinking of moving from this shithole (England). I have family in both Canada and Scandanavia, and I'm currently deciding where I could go. Scandanavia seems a very nice area though and the general standard of life seems to be very good.

I'm pretty sure Canada has the highest standard of living in the world in surveys. 

Thats Norway...

Next year, I'm thinking of moving from this shithole (England). I have family in both Canada and Scandanavia, and I'm currently deciding where I could go. Scandanavia seems a very nice area though and the general standard of life seems to be very good.

I'm of Geordie Blood, but have grown up in Toronto, Canada.  I've seen quite a bit of the world and this city is still

tops in my books.  I think there are some other Canadian Geordies on here, but I know "Chez Given" has been over

and enjoyed himself immensely.  It's a damn good time, mate.

Well I think you'll find there are quite a few Toon fans in Oz also, although I am also living in Canada at the moment but I only have one year left before we leave to go to another country but I have been following the Toon since the KK days when I first went to live in Brussels I remebered when I first saw them play on TV there, they are the same colours as my team back in Oz, so said to myself I'll support this team and the more I read and saw of the Toon I was hooked I support them more now than I do my team back in Oz. I to have a bit of a Nordic connection as I'm married to a Finn and will be in Finland in a couple of weeks so I was hoping we would get a Finnish team to play in the EUFA Cup so then I could watch the Toon live for the first time.

Here in Norway Liverpool has by far the biggest supporterclub, with 22000+ registerd members. Man Utd is second with around 16-18000 i believe. Arsenal Norway has 4050 members and Chelsea Supporter Norway didn't say how many members they had, only that they were growing as fast as when Tore Andre Flo signed for Chels, I'd imagine somewhere around, if not a little less, than Arsenal. Tottenham has 1976 members, and that would make Newcastle the 6th most supported team in Norway.

NUSSC (Newcastle Scandinavia Supporter Club, mainly Norwegians though) currently has 1400 registerd members pr. 29th of july (could be more, as I think that's the count up from last year).

I myself are a huge fan as anyone else. Unfortunatley I havn't had the chance to visit Newcastle anywhere near as often as I'd like. Last time was with my dad(who has been a supporter for 34 years now) in April for the WBA game, so we got the chance to say goodbye to Shearer. Now the future looks bright, as I have started working on a ship. So now I work 4 weeks, and then have a free period of 4 weeks where I don't have very much to do, so I imagine I will take a few trips over to Newcastle to praise some of the most holy things in my life - Newcastle United and beer.

Ikon said:

No way in hell you can imagine how much shit i have got from my friends through all these years that i have supported NUFC.

Agree, couldn't have said it better myself, my dad is a Spurs fan, my brother is a Chelsea fan, my best friend is a Man Utd fan and I could mention many other friends or relatives, not a single Newcastle fans. And i've been listening to their shit in 12 years now. And as Ikon said, it's true, I do know more about my club than they do, they read the headlines "Carrick signed" "RvN sold" and that's it, they don't know any details, they don't even watch the games if possible, unless it's champions league games which is shown on danish tv. I keep telling myself that one day, one fine sunny day in may we will win something! And I will believe in that till the day I die.

Guest El Scorcho

I'm from Finland and I have supported Newcastle from early 90's. I haven't got a chance to visit Newcastle yet, but maybe in this season my dream come true.

Or maybe im just a little weird spending hour after hour on the internet every day trying to find something new to read about, dont know how many sites i visit several times a day  blueeek.gif

And it's nice to hear from some people that they appreciate the support from fans that are not born and raised in Newcastle.

Can't say it better!

Me and a friend are talking about going to Newcastle this season too...Depending on money..Going to Gibraltar later this month also..

Cant wait going to Newcastle...Watch football and drink beer and go out every night and all that which makes life fun  bluewink.gif

Guest Gemmill

A couple of years ago when the old toontastic.linuxdriven.net site was up, a pissup was organised to coincide with the Swedish and Danish mags coming over.  A 5-a-side tournament was held as well, and the Swedish bloke even brought a trophy over for it.  Then everyone went to the pub after the 5-a-side, then onto the match.

Anyway, it was a good day out - good laugh.  You lot should do something like that on here, but you can't even arrange a piss-up amongst the Newcastle-based posters on here, so the chances of you pulling something like that off are canny slim.  bluebigrazz.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Could be four Norwgian teams in it as well.

Vålerenga is already in it after losing the CL qualification i think.

Start - Drogheda 1-0

Brann - Åtvidaberg 3-3

Molde - Skonto 0-0

Although it doesn't look good for Brann and Molde, they SHOULD be good enough to beat the other teams.

Love it when I don't have to come to Newcastle, and Newcastle comes to me.

Guest Harry-Norway

:thup:Hello Toon fans .

I`ve been supporting Toon for over 30 years,i bleed black and white,i`ve been to Toon for many,many times watching Toon play at St.J and also visit my relatives who lives in Gateshead.

I`ll agree a lot of the things writting  at this topic,its not easy to be a Toon fan,last silverware in 68`,but i never give up,every season i`m still sure we are going to win something-why not this season.

As you all can see on the picture my 2 sons also support Toon,and they are like me,what ever their friends says,they still standing by Toon.

I`m telling all my friends to visit Toon instead of London,Toon have it all and is getting better and nicer for every year.

To all fans,get a membership in NUFC,(offical site),this makes thing much easyer if you want to watch NU playing and want a ticket.

TOON4EVER :lol: :thup: :lol: :thup: :lol:

Guest NorwegianMag

:thup:

Some nice words there.

I started to support Newcastle United when I was 8-year old. I have a brother who support Sunderland, so it's quit funny to be a newcastle supporter.  :lol: I have unfortunely never been at St James Park, but me and my dad is planning(?) to see a match this year. I have seen one match live, and that was the Lillestrøm match.

Here in norway it's many glory hunter who support teams like Man Utd and Liverpool. They're just supporting them because " They win matches, win trophys". 

Sorry for my poor english.  :cool:

Guest smoggeordie

:thup:

Some nice words there.

I started to support Newcastle United when I was 8-year old. I have a brother who support Sunderland, so it's quit funny to be a newcastle supporter. :lol: I have unfortunely never been at St James Park, but me and my dad is planning(?) to see a match this year. I have seen one match live, and that was the Lillestrøm match.

Here in norway it's many glory hunter who support teams like Man Utd and Liverpool. They're just supporting them because " They win matches, win trophys".

Sorry for my poor english. :cool:

Your English is better than our Nowegian so no need to apologise. It's great to see as many oversees toon fans as possible on here :)

Happy to see Danish Toon fans.

My wife is Danish and we plan to move there in the next couple of years to raise our son. Sadly, her entire family seem to be Liverpool supporters.

The Scandinavian breakdown of fans by club seems pretty constitent with my impressions of American preferences: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, and then Newcastle United ... Anyway, that would be my guess.

Start - Drogheda 1-0

Brann - Åtvidaberg 3-3

Molde - Skonto 0-0

Although it doesn't look good for Brann and Molde, they SHOULD be good enough to beat the other teams.

If brann can't manage to beat Åtvidaberg in the away game they should be embarrased cause that team is a div1 team in the swedish leauge and are right now in 12th pos out of 16 teams there (13-14 gets to qualify to try and hang on)

My short story of how i became a nufc supporter is that i was brought up this way, and so was my old man to. And you guys can be damn sure if i ever gets any kids im gonna do the same with them. I mean if im gonna be tortured like this every season so should they ey?  :wink:

Start - Drogheda 1-0

Brann - Åtvidaberg 3-3

Molde - Skonto 0-0

If brann can't manage to beat Åtvidaberg in the away game they should be embarrased cause that team is a div1 team in the swedish leauge and are right now in 12th pos out of 16 teams there (13-14 gets to qualify to try and hang on)

My short story of how i became a nufc supporter is that i was brought up this way, and so was my old man to. And you guys can be damn sure if i ever gets any kids im gonna do the same with them. I mean if im gonna be tortured like this every season so should they ey?  :wink:

Too right. Kids have it too easy nowadays, anyway.

• 4 months later...
Guest MrJones

Sorry to bump a so old fucking thread but I just have to say Newcastle are big in Sweden. Many, many fans. Every time you see Newcastle on Swedish TV the commentator say that on St James's Park the atmosphere is the best, and everybody know it. Amazing supporters who always are there for the club.

We have two Swedish site that write about Newcastle in Swedish.

Cheers from Stockholm!

We have two Swedish site that write about Newcastle in Swedish.

Cheers from Stockholm!

Yes we do, if you are thinking of svenskafans and magpies.nu we do, unfortunately magpies.nu is closed due to problems with the website and such. But the forum works fine, though.

Read somewhere in this thread that AIK is supposed to be the most followed team in sweden and to have the most loyal fans, that is just not true. Malmö FF, is the correct answer.  blueyes.gif :winking:  (Jari Litmanen and Jonatan Johansson is currently playing for Malmö FF, maybe we have a couple of finnish fans aswell? bluecool.gif)