Man City vs Newcastle

Decky

Guest Synthespian

Bianchi OUT for City

That's good news!  :cheesy:

I think it's going to be a tough game, but we need to play our (defensive) game against City and let them tire themselves out.

Use Zoggy and Milner on the break.

Shola's injured, and if Viduka's struggling, then maybe we'll get a Smith & Martins combo up front!?!

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Bianchi OUT for City

I think it's going to be a tough game, but we need to play our (defensive) game against City and let them tire themselves out.

Shola's injured, and if Viduka's struggling, then maybe we'll get a Smith & Martins combo up front!?!

Or another disgusting 4-5-1.

Given/Harper

Beye - Rozehnal - Taylor - Enrique

Milner - Geremi - Butt - N'Zogbia

Smith - Martins

Would be good, with Emre possibly coming on for Gez or Butt 2. half

My team as well only hopefully Dukes will be fit and will play instead of Smith but  I reckon Sam wont play Enrique if Viduka is fit.Reckon it will be

Harper

Beye

Taylor

Roz

Nzogbia

Smith

Geremi

Butt

Milner

Martins

Viduka

We do not have enough class to keep possession in the midfield - although Man U DID do this against City, they still lost to a goal on the break....

Our attacks are too slow in construction to cause many teams problems away from home , when a quick-breaking side gets more opportunities to make the most of that tactic.

We will probably lose, either 2-1 or 2-0 unfortunately.

Bianchi OUT for City

Use Milner on the break ??? I'm not sure if "the break" will still be there once Milner is involved...

Guest ExiledGeordie

Would be great of Viduka is back but Smith/Martins can still do a job. Fuck knows what formation he'll play. I'd like to see Emre involved at some point. He's exactly the person to thread a ball through to Martins.

i'd play

given

beye  rozenhal  taylor  enrique

geremi  butt  smith  n,zogbia

viduka  martins

if viduka out then smith up front and emre centre mid.

but think we'll see

harper

beye    rozenhal  taylor  enrique

smith    butt  geremi  n'zogbia

viduka  martins

as above if vidukas out.

i wonder how smith would do as a DM... works hard, tackles good... altough his distribution has been s*** at times, could acually be a more versatile player then we think

yet not good enough anywhere?

yeah, or well... smith is a strange player! makes good efforts in every area in a lot of possitions... but not like anything exeptional in any areas!

however i belive he is very good at creating rooms for both ours an theyr players, wich would be very good if sam could time his runs so we wouldnt get

fucked in the arse everytime he does this! Alan "the ant" Smith! freekin everywhere and works hard!

Guest jamesmartinsmith

i wonder how smith would do as a DM... works hard, tackles good... altough his distribution has been s*** at times, could acually be a more versatile player then we think

Smith ''tackles good''. He's not impressed me with his tackling ability, he's already picked up 4 yellow cards.

Smith ''tackles good''. He's not impressed me with his tackling ability, he's already picked up 4 yellow cards.

well... scott parker had 17 yellow and a red card (two yellows) in 55 apperances for nufc! thats a yellow card each 2,8 game.

smith has another job as well! usually chases people from att to def! as scott parker did the opposite! as i said... wonder how he would do in the dm pos

but i could only find 4 yellow cards in 9 matches for smith? so thats a yellow card easy 2,25 game! hard to judge as hes only had a few games! but i get your drift!

doesnt mean hes a bad tackler dough!

although its a bit disturbing they all came in second half! is it his temper or just his eager to maintain pressure that causes them?

sry for drifting a bit out of topic :) but cant find any other treads that suits the bill