Man City vs Newcastle

Decky

We are never winning this, we are too uncreative atm.

If Zoggy plays well, I think we'll win. If he doesnt, I can see us losing due to a lack of chances. Right now hes the only one who looks like hes capable of creating something.

Spot on. time for a few changes imo

Geremi on the right and Zog on the left. We have enough with Smith and Butt in the middle to bore them to tears.

I really don't see what Geremi has done to warrant any support for him playing down the right. Each to their own, you are desperate to get the "spotty kid" (blatant issues) out though.

Geremi has had seasons at Madrid, Boro and Chelsea playing well on the right. Milner has just been poor. Recognising his lack of pace and ability to whip a ball in early on a regular basis is holding us back is not "having issues" Jon. It's just something that is fairly obvious. The kid is limited and has been poor this season. Worth a change for the sake of the team. we're suffering as a team. He is meant to be the creative spark in midfield. He simply hasn't delivered and as you well know, I very much doubt he is good enough to in future.

Teams have been scoring pearlers against us (including in the Derby and Arsenal games) and profiting from our cock-ups for donkey's years.

I quite agree Dave. It's the fact that we have created so little from team play that worries me though. We don't have the personnel at present to do much either. The point I made that we have benefited from individualism and cock ups simply illustrates that. I think we will have to wait til Jan. Duff will be back in November but he will do well to hit match fitness by xmas and even then we don't know how effective he will be. Emre is on his last chance having done sod all for two years. It's far more than the system that is holding us back. Its as much to do with the personnel.

Anyway, I'm going to the game tomorrow so I'll be sure to post on the match thread in real time if Martins misses any open goals.

Damn, it's on telly.

I'm going to sit in the Gallowgate and watch it. :giggle:

The worst bit about being in with the home fans is that to get a ticket I had to register at their box office this afternoon for an access card. I therefore have a card with my name on it and my City 'supporter number'. :undecided:

The worst bit about being in with the home fans is that to get a ticket I had to register at their box office this afternoon for an access card. I therefore have a card with my name on it and my City 'supporter number'. :undecided:

Well I hope you treasure it. You can use it every year!

We are never winning this, we are too uncreative atm.

If Zoggy plays well, I think we'll win. If he doesnt, I can see us losing due to a lack of chances. Right now hes the only one who looks like hes capable of creating something.

Indeed. Interesting little stat which people may not be aware of: apart from Viduka vs Boro, every single one of our league goals has been either scored or set up by Charlie or Martins. Amazing when you think one hasn't started the last few games and one's been at left back the whole time.

Good that they're both playing so well but worrying in that they are the only two who look like creating.

I hope Jose is playing left back 2marra

and Zoggy can play left wing hes brilliant  when i have seen him attack!

i tell ye what hes been a different player this season under Sam its like a new signing considering what he was like to thr end of last seaosn there was talk of him going im glad hes stayed brilliant player one of my favs at St James park! excuse the spelling mistakes im too drunk lol

hope we can sneak this 2-1 :)

Down here in Oz, the game is on live at 10pm. Taking the missus out for a chinese meal early, bottle of wine, littlun being babysat by the neighbours, get back in time for KO and send the missus off to bed. Have a couple of beers and then after we have won 2-0, head off to bed at midnight, wake the missus up for a night of passion.  Must remember to recite the full list of english and scottish league clubs, grounds, addresses and results to date.................just to keep going a decent length of time.........LOL

So Cacapa and Rozehnal could miss the game and we would have to "settle" for Taylor and Faye, people say Allardyce hasn't taken us forward  :laugh:

I'm not a fan of FS, but who are the idiots saying he hasn't taken the club forward?

Was in a thread the other day someone questioning whether he has taken us forward at all, will try and find it when I have woken up a bit more! :D

Of course Sam has taken us forward in some respects. Still f****** dull to watch though.

Never really expected that to instantly change.

Of course not. I would be happy with any sign that it was about to though. Not sure he's the long term answer but whoever takes over will have a far stronger base.

For all the negative shite said since Derby and also the no show at Arsenal, I actually think we will win this one.  I think that we will be jeckle and hide for a few more months.

Big sam is getting used to players and trying new systems.  We are missing and have been missing players.  Everyone needs time to settle and get used to things.  Only once all the players are back or have been played can we really comment on the the way we have been playing.

I think this should be a good game - close in the table.  We win this and we move up.