Nobby

Alan Shearer book signing

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8673/imagesmv3.jpg

Friday 12th October 2007, 1–2pm

Books etc

Jubilee Place Mall

Canary Wharf

London

The Legendary Newcastle and England captain and current Match of the Day panellist Alan Shearer will be signing copies of his new book Alan Shearer: My Illustrated Career.

For details please call: Books etc. Jubilee Place on 020 7719 0688.

Guest icemanblue

I'll go along and ask him why he didn't retire earlier. ;)

I'll ask him that tonight. Going to a charity thing that he represents, he's going to be there. More than likely i'll turn into a giggling schoolboy in his presence though!

Guest jamesmartinsmith

I'll go along and ask him why he didn't retire earlier.  ;)

And he'll say "Because I ended up scoring 260 Premiership goals and I'm Newcastle's and the league's record goalscorer.  Who are you?"

:clap:

Guest elbee909

And he'll say "Because I ended up scoring 260 Premiership goals and I'm Newcastle's and the league's record goalscorer.  Who are you?"

:clap:

Just say "I'm just a sheet-metal worker's son... who paid your wages for ten years or so."

Guest MagicNumber9

I got mine done, got me mother to go to town last week to get the book @ the club shop, little did she know, or myself, Shearer was there signing them, so got a signed one already :D was well chuffed when she came back with a signed one, she qeued for 45mins to get it :D

And I'll say, 'Well, Alan, by that logic you should still be playing, because you still hold the records. And it doesn't matter who I am'.

And I'll say, 'Well, Alan, by that logic you should still be playing, because you still hold the records. And it doesn't matter who I am'.

I might come along then, just to watch him give you a good kicking

And I'll say, 'Well, Alan, by that logic you should still be playing, because you still hold the records.

that makes no sense

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thommo78

I got one today. Big Al is looking fit and tanned. Asked him if he thought owen would stay and he said he hoped so. Was then ushered off. Stood in que for nearly 2 hours and read most of the book by the time he signed it!!

Top bloke...over the moon!

I got one today. Big Al is looking fit and tanned. Asked him if he thought owen would stay and he said he hoped so. Was then ushered off. Stood in que for nearly 2 hours and read most of the book by the time he signed it!!

isn't it a book of pictures?  :lol:

do you work in Canary Wharf? maybe i saw you there

Seems like a pretty good book to have for collectors and a trip down memory lane.

Should be getting a copy for free for putting a link to it on the site. Hope they dont rip me off :tickedoff:

Guest thommo78

isn't it a book of pictures?  :lol:

do you work in Canary Wharf? maybe i saw you there

Yeah I work in South Quay just over the foot bridge from jubilee place. A few people in toon tops which was good to see. Didn't realise there was so many of us in London! I was about 35-40 from the end of the que. Didn't get a photo, I asked but was told no photos or flash photography!

Shows what a respected footballer he was saw a fe Arsenal tops and hammers shirts waiting for the signing