For Those who Said last season we needed defenders

NE5

There is no doubt that Beye and Rozenhal are good players and have improved the defence

but

are we any better ? We STILL need more pace and creativity up front and in midfield, if we are going to do much better than last year.

Because without it, we are going nowhere, and by the time January comes, the season is half over.

Man City have bought EXACTLY the type of players that we needed, the type of players who would have made the biggest difference.

We need to drop Taylor and bring in better players.  Have a feeling Taylor is turning out to be a player some of us expected; overrated and bramble-like.

There is no doubt that Beye and Rozenhal are good players and have improved the defence

but

are we any better ? We STILL need more pace and creativity up front and in midfield, if we are going to do much better than last year.

Because without it, we are going nowhere, and by the time January comes, the season is half over.

Man City have bought EXACTLY the type of players that we needed, the type of players who would have made the biggest difference.

Agreed.

I still don't understand why we only bought defensive players in the summer.

I've been saying this since August.

But the it will be alright SA is rebuilding it will take 60 million years hold sway on this board. :cheesy:

Guest optimistic nit

We need to drop Taylor and bring in better players.  Have a feeling Taylor is turning out to be a player some of us expected; overrated and bramble-like.

what an idiot.

We need one top class playmaker, no doubt.

The positive for me is that we're laying good foundations. This season the defence should develop into a unit and get an understanding of each other, attack minded players work more on instinct so they'll gel easier.

By next summer I think we'll be one top class playmaker and one very good striker away from being able to be a very formidable team.

The real test will be whether Allardyce gets the right players and is willing to sacrifice a bit of functionality for some real flair.

but

Agreed.

But the it will be alright SA is rebuilding it will take 60 million years hold sway on this board. :cheesy:

I remember that you were one of only a handful of people who agreed with me Parky.

We are no further forward, and won't be until we get better forward players.

Geremi should be dropped from Midfield he should only be used as a Rb. Smith should be shown the door right now. A creative central and right midfielder will be needed in January. At this present moment in time for next week it should be.

Given©

Beye Rozenhal Cacapa Enrique

Milner Barton Emre N'Zogbia

Martins Viduka

but

Agreed.

You were for the Smith signing before you even try and take the high ground.

We are still awaiting N'Zogbia and Barton to really play in midfield. Won't take "60 millions years" but how about we wait until our best team is fit before judging hey?

The positive for me is that we're laying good foundations. This season the defence should develop into a unit and get an understanding of each other, attack minded players work more on instinct so they'll gel easier.

By next summer I think we'll be one top class playmaker and one very good striker away from being able to be a very formidable team.

The real test will be whether Allardyce gets the right players and is willing to sacrifice a bit of functionality for some real flair.

I agree, but another real test is will they allow him to buy them, a couple of these "trophy players" are needed I would say.

The defence seem's to be to be under more pressure due to the just general shitness of the midfield. I can't remember a time where our midfield has been so poor and unbalanced. I mean who does what?

Spot on, they can't hold onto the ball and pass it around. Smith and Butt are so bad i can't put it into words. We need an Elano desperately.

but

Agreed.

We are still awaiting N'Zogbia and Barton to really play in midfield. Won't take "60 millions years" but how about we wait until our best team is fit before judging hey?

Ah, you were one who insisted we needed defenders and not forwards weren't you jon ?

Think we are more solid rather than 'better'. I agree though we need something going forward. Really think Milner needs to be replaced, sorry but we're just so one dimensional whenever he gets the ball, he never comes inside and links up, doesn't get into the box and lets face it his crossing isn't the best. We need someone with more variety. Everyone goes on about the centre and their right but a hell of a lot of play comes from the wings aswell and we seem to favour using that route, he just hasn't got enough to his game.

Lets not forget Allardyce bought Faye, Geremi, Smith and Barton who have all played the majority of football in midfield for us this season (exceot Barton who's been injured)

He's bought midfield players, he's just bought grafters instead.

Still, we have Michael Owen, Shearer's replacement in your words.  So I'm sure things will be a-ok...  :rolleyes:

but we don't have a replacement for Bellamy, who would make a massive difference

In my opinion, of course.

We've got a better dressing room though, and a "more professionally run business".

but

Agreed.

Ah, you were one who insisted we needed defenders and not forwards weren't you jon ?

i said we really could have done with a left back instead of Duff, do you disagree?

The reason why we don't look any better is because we don't play to our strengths. Simple as.

Zog is mint going forward - so we hoy him at LB and leave our new 6mill LB on the bench.

Viduka needs crosses - so we play 3 in CM.

When we need to attack - we bring on a DM...

but

Agreed.

We woudn't be waiting for anybody if we had bought one or two alternatives.

...and I'll judge when I fucking like alright?

I agree, but another real test is will they allow him to buy them, a couple of these "trophy players" are needed I would say.

The new owners are wonderful though, haven't you heard? :razz:

I would hope people will be a lot more patient than they were under Souness and Roeder though, because tbh I see us being a fairly mediocre team at times this year. But at least I feel this guy has a plan for the long-term.

It will be very interesting to se our team this time next year.

Lets not forget Allardyce bought Faye, Geremi, Smith and Barton who have all played the majority of football in midfield for us this season (exceot Barton who's been injured)

He's bought midfield players, he's just bought grafters instead.

Faye and Geremi should only be used in Defence. Smith should just f**k off like i said from the very start. I hope come Jan he hands in a transfer request.

The reason why we don't look any better is because we don't play to our strengths. Simple as.

Zog is mint going forward - so we hoy him at LB and leave our new 6mill LB on the bench.

Viduka needs crosses - so we play 3 in CM.

When we need to attack - we bring on a DM...

Totally agree SA can't see the obvious at the moment and I'm struggling to see why.

Anyone see that Friedrich playing for Hertha Berlin last night? Canny player. :lol:

Honestly, the back four need time. Enrique's barely played, for a start. It won't be until after January 'til we really start to see them performing as a cohesive unit. If you can't wait that long... well, what you going to do?