ESPN Classic Happy Endings - Newcastle

Fugazi

Just been looking at the listings for ESPN Classic (Sky Channel 442) and from Monday to Wednesday they are going to be showing highlights from some of our matches from over the years, will definitely be worth watching.

The matches are:

Brighton 83/84 - Monday 11pm

Fairs Cup Final 2nd leg - Tuesday 6:45pm

Rotheram 82/83 - Tuesday 7:20pm

Sheff Wed 93/94 - Tuesday 11pm

Leicester 96/97 - Tuesday 11:35pm

They are repeated at various times aswell.

The Rotherham game is class. I still have it on VCR somewhere. I was supposed to go but had a match & my brother went. Luckily, it was on MotD.

that the 5-1 ? i was in the rotherham end, no kids prices for away fans.

i have only ever saw the golas from the firs cup 2nd leg.never saw extended highlights.

The Rotherham game is class. I still have it on VCR somewhere. I was supposed to go but had a match & my brother went. Luckily, it was on MotD.

when keegan scored 3 or 4? away from home? if so then the game was class i watched it on one of me dads videos

yeah i've got to watch them! but im at uni, do you think anyone will rip them to the comp and upload them?

There's a chance they may be available as torrents at some point, although they won't be allowed to put them on here.

when keegan scored 3 or 4? away from home? if so then the game was class i watched it on one of me dads videos

Forgot about this, has it been on?

Yes, Keegan scored 4, a young lad who only played a couple of time scored the other (Kevin Todd?) with a cross & someone from the crowd jumped on his back. It was Terry Mc's debut (second time around) & Emlyn Hughes played for them. I think they also missed a penalty. lol.

Still getting re-run.

Thu 6.45 Sheffield

Thu 7:20 Leicester

Sun 7:30 Rotherham (still got that on video from motd with Tony Gubba doing the commentary but its a bit fucked)

Watched some of the Brighton game Thursday dinnertime. Great stuff. The atmosphere was amazing, with the gallowgate crowd swaying all over the terraces and people standing on the barriers.

Chants of "Keegan,Keegan" made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. They interviewed him, pitchside at the end of the game. He was bedecked in Toon scarves and he looked very emotional.

Can't believe he ever signed for us in the 1st place, so soon after twice being European footballer of the year. After years of s**t, a real star came to our club.

Going to watch it again Sunday. Between 6 and 9pm there's a run of about 4 consecutive Toon games, including the Fairs cup final.

Watched some of the Brighton game Thursday dinnertime. Great stuff. The atmosphere was amazing, with the gallowgate crowd swaying all over the terraces and people standing on the barriers.

Chants of "Keegan,Keegan" made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. They interviewed him, pitchside at the end of the game. He was bedecked in Toon scarves and he looked very emotional.

Can't believe he ever signed for us in the 1st place, so soon after twice being European footballer of the year. After years of s**t, a real star came to our club.

Going to watch it again Sunday. Between 6 and 9pm there's a run of about 4 consecutive Toon games, including the Fairs cup final.

Happy Days.

I like the ESPN synopsis - Only 36,000 turned up to watch the likes on Keegan, Waddle & Beardsley. What they should have said was - It was bloody heaving & if you didn't get their early you wouldn't get in.