Our Centre Backs...

Baggio

i think it really just depends on the matchup and the threats that the other side poses.  that being said i think cacapa is first choice and should be in every match that he's fit for.  if we're in for an aerial battle then start faye with him.  if the forwards are quicker and skillfull start rozy with him, and if anyone's injured taylor will have to step in.  this is a great dilemma to have...for once!!!  :frantic:

Rozehnal and Cacapa hands down.

Having Taylor over one of those 2 would be lunacy.  As for Faye, looks alright, but defo not better than Roz or Cacapa.

That duo aren't physical enough for the Premiership though, badly bullied against Derby and West Ham.

Cacapa and either Faye or Rozehnal, I like them both a lot. Faye is very dominant in the air, while Cacapa and Roz read the game well and are good with their feet, so perhaps Faye and Cacapa is the best partnership, one of each.

So good to be picking the best two centre backs now. For as long as I can remember we've been picking the two least worst - and that includes when Bobby was here (Woodgate being the honourable exception).

Guest optimistic nit

i'd like to see rozy play against teams such as arsenal and manure when a smart defender is needed but not against chelsea and wigan where he will be pwned by heskey and drog in the air. play the more experienced faye against the chelseas and the less expereinced taylor in home games against teams such as wigan.

I'd like to see Rozenhal and Faye played together fwiw.

Yeah, sounds like it should be good on paper.

Faye as the brick shithouse CB clattering people, with Rozenhal playing a more cerebral game and being the one who can bring the ball out of defense.

Too early to tell really. Cacapa has stood out for me, but even he has made errors, they just haven't been punished yet. None of them look outstanding to be honest, but none look bad either. I still wouldn't rule out Taylor, I think people are bigging up the shiny new players a lot and glossing over their errors while Taylor's getting hammered for similar stuff. That'll soon pass, but I think it'll be a while yet before a consistent partnership is found.

cacapa should also be made our captain imo.

He doesn't speak English though. It's not the end of the world but it's a pretty significant disadvantage if your captain can't speak for the team on or off the pitch.

Guest optimistic nit

cacapa should also be made our captain imo.

He doesn't speak English though. It's not the end of the world but it's a pretty significant disadvantage if your captain can't speak for the team on or off the pitch.

well he'd be better than smith. give it to butt until he can speak english if that is the case.

I like Rozi but Faye showed yesterday that he doesn't mind going through brick walls and still be standing up except for the number of fouls that his physical nature of his game could attract against us...But if anyone of you remember how Rozi was being harassed by the Derby defender every time he was standing in the penalty area for our corner kicks, he was being bullied by the Derby defender and Faye wouldn't have allowed that at all...

I would definitely play Faye and Cacapa if the team we are playing against are a physical one like yesterday with Everton and should be the case with Wigan, Reading and Portsmouth....

Cascapa for sure but I would like to see Faye have another game at the back before making my mind up, he was class yesterday but can he be consistent?  also he is a big lad yet he is not much threat from set pieces unlike Roze.

Didn't see the game today, so not really seen Faye for us.

One of Rozenhal and Cacapa to partner one of Faye and Taylor I would imagine.

agree with this. so far Faye has looked better than Taylor and Cacapa better than Rozehnal so those two should keep their places in the short-term.