Ngo Baheng faces up to a year out with cruciate ligament injury

NSG

A nobody outside France - No wikipedia file -

Googled his name and a bunch of French forums showed up.. Let's hope a hidden gem.

zoggy must know the lad, maybe he or the legal battle had a hand in us getting this player.  regardless of what type of player this kid turns out to be it's a positive sign of where this club is heading that we've finally started planning for the future rather than always trying to catch up with the past and present

I'm rather shocked that Le Havre would even do business with us again after all that happened with N'zogbia, I hope he is just as good as young Charlie, another good piece of buying if that is the case.

Guest bluegeordie

zoggy must know the lad, maybe he or the legal battle had a hand in us getting this player.  regardless of what type of player this kid turns out to be it's a positive sign of where this club is heading that we've finally started planning for the future rather than always trying to catch up with the past and present

This

Guest Ridzuan

Hm never heard this guy before,when I first saw his name,I thought he was from Vietnam or something.But anway,I hope he will be a bright star for the future like Zoggy when he join us.

Newcastle have signed striker Wesley Ngo Baheng, 18, from French second division side Le Havre. The player will arrive in January after the clubs agreed a compensation package.

I wonder how much they will ask for this time.

He is another flipper though :D

http://hac.infoceane.com/uploads/article/400/566164b1111817bafb2e75e31a2e21c6.jpg

Guest mobiius

Apparently Sam Allardyce tried to sign him during his time at Bolton. L'Equipe have an article (dated from january this year) about it but all I understand is that they wouldn't let him go and was uppset over something.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/20070119_211823Dev.html

that link is alright if you can read french. i can't so i had to get it translated(highlight it,right click and go to page info, which gives you option of translating into english)unfortunately i must have had master yoda programme my computer cos this is the bollocks i ended up with

Le Havre carried felt sorry for Monday against a marked man to have organized the setting with the test of one of its minor players in Bolton then to have given up it with the return in Paris after a negative answer. The player in question, old of 17 years and boarder of the center of formation native of Le Havre, names Wesley Ngo Beng. He left the 21 at November 24 to Bolton by pretexting a visit in his father, without letter of exit since the HAC was not prevented, to pass a test which appeared negative.

The club thus shows Franck Hubert, the Native of Le Havre which would have convinced the player but “denied any implication in this business”, to have organized the setting with the test and to have left it only in Paris with the return, “putting in danger its physical and moral integrity”. A member of the club, prevented by the police force of the White-Mesnil which had found the player, had then gone in middle of the night in Paris area to bring back it.

The situation becomes complicated because of the family context around Ngo Beng: his/her mother is imprisoned, that his/her father does not have the custody charge and that it had been placed under the moral supervision of one of the leaders of the club. “We have obligations with respect to the young people whom one frames, a member of the club rises. One had gone guaranteeing near his mother. Our young person returned shocked because one made him gleam mounts and wonders then one left it with the abandonment, only in nature after having used it. It felt betrayed. There are people who do not have the quality of agent of players who try to discharge our young people, only to even make money”, denounces Jean-Pierre Louvel, the president of the HAC.

The club thus decided to carry the business in front of justice “to mark the blow against the swindlers and to have the support of the other French clubs” also confronted with this problem. According to the president native of Le Havre, who prevented the federal authorities, “this case illustrates the urgency well to legislate at the European level”. No Bolton moment appeared near the Harbour, still let know the Norman club. (With AFP)

well if he is any way as good a prospect  as charlie zogg were laughing. An added bonus is it is someone charlies age who speaks the lingo so he will be quite happy,just a coincidence or good man management?

Guest Guinness

Good to see us catching up with other teams who have being doing this for ages now. Le Harve have a good reputation for producing young players so hopefully he turns out to be like Zog.

hopefully as good as the Zog but as always my opinion is that if he hasn't been snapped up by Arsenal by now he may not be brilliant.

You are talking as if Arsenal are equipped with the knowledge of every single youngsters from asia to carribean to north pole.

This

Good to see us catching up with other teams who have being doing this for ages now. Le Harve have a good reputation for producing young players so hopefully he turns out to be like Zog.

What are you all talking about?

We're finally looking for young players, you know, like when we signed the one you all mention?

Guest bluegeordie

This

What are you all talking about?

We're finally looking for young players, you know, like when we signed the one you all mention?

But Zoggy signed over three years and several managers ago, and that's hardly the kind of investment in youth that's going to see us emulate Arsenal's current crop.   

hopefully as good as the Zog but as always my opinion is that if he hasn't been snapped up by Arsenal by now he may not be brilliant.

You are talking as if Arsenal are equipped with the knowledge of every single youngsters from asia to carribean to north pole.

They don't but in France they seem to have a lot more knowledge than any other non-French club and as Le Harve is in France.

This is an awfully silly statement.

Arsenal can only sign so many can't they? They aren't going to get every single one of them just for the sake of it. N'Zogbia is a perfect example of this and I am sure there are umerous others.

Anyone know what position he plays yet?

I have to say I feel very confident about Sam bringing in players because I honestly feel as though he has good judgement as far as players go. At the very worst I feel any player Sam brings in will at least be a good solid squad player who makes some contribution to the team; as opposed to some of the complete write-offs we had a habit of bringing in under the previous regime.