Speed relieved of Bolton coaching duties, set to return?

Guest nufc_geordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc_geordie

It appears (depending on how much stock you give the newspapers and the BBC gossip column) that Gary Speed and Sammy Lee are clashing at Bolton and that Mr Speed may well leave the club. It is also rumoured that if he was to leave Bolton, he would be offered a place on the coaching staff at Newcastle. Would you be pleased?

I would be happy for this situation to arise. A model professional moving into coaching, great links with Big Sam and Newcastle already. I know it stinks of a job for the boys, but in Gary Speeds case I believe it would be justified in bringing him in.

Discuss.

I never really appreciated the job he done in our team until we sold him and missed his pressence in CM.

He is a professional bloke and appears/comes across as a kind of guy who do well in a coaching role.  He is also a level headed guy.

Guest Ridzuan

I agree with Skirge.I would love to have him here too.He and Big Sam have a good relationship Im sure and he would be a great addition to the management team,even though I dont think he has any managerial experience before.

Hmmm, its a tough one if we have to replace one of our current coaching staff - on one hand there is Gary Speed, consummate professional, role model for young players, the most experienced premiership player still playing at the top level, a player who works his socks off at very club he plays for, dedicated etc and on the other hand........

Terry McDermott...... :crazy2:

He will be here in a heartbeat :D good old Bolton letting him go :lol:

There was a game on sky cannot remember who it was but only last week and it was Sam and Speedo they had in the studio, I wondered then if anything was going on with them.

Guest Guinness

Would definately have him on the coaching staff, he's a model pro and was a top player for us. I'd imagine he's got a lot to offer as a coach too.

Guest Ridzuan

He will be here in a heartbeat :D good old Bolton letting him go :lol:

There was a game on sky cannot remember who it was but only last week and it was Sam and Speedo they had in the studio, I wondered then if anything was going on with them.

I think he is still playing for Bolton.Its only that he is not part of the coaching team anymore.The full article can be read from Bolton's official website.

Guest Synthespian

And the article is also on teamtalk:

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2794244,00.html

Personally, I'd love him to come back.  He and David Batty were fantastic for our team, and were also incredibly genuine and good men as well.

In my interactions with the squad whilst I was at Durham Uni, certain people stood out.  I'd have said those two for the right reasons.

January switch??

I hope so.

Gary Speed was an exemplary pro whilst a player and would be a great asset to us in my opinion - he might also be a candidate for manager in a few years as he & Shearer shared many opinions about the game and the lack of professionalism among the younger players at NUFC..

As someone has already stated, though - what about Terry Mac..!!!???

Oh wait - there's  a Bookies' Runner needed down the road...

Guest RodrigoPalacio

HaHa, I knew he was well liked at the club, but that vote is so one sided it's unreal.  A true great, should never have left the club.

As a player? No, thanks. He's about a million years old. What we going to do with him? On the staff, well it's up to Big Sam, but I would be happy to have him if he was up to the job.

He might as while be registered as a player should he come as a coach though.

Have him over Clarkie anyday!

Maybe it's me but I really don't see the logic behind comments like that. Just because you were a good player it doesn't mean you'll be a good coach. Clarkie has been doing his coaching badges and has worked with the first team and obviously must have something about him for Allardyce to keep him on. Also the Reserves who Clarkie manages has only lost 1 game from 5 so far this season. But don't let facts get in the way of a good vendetta.

I find it a bit of a strange question, seeing none of us can have any idea what he'd be like as a coach.

Was he a coach at Bolton while Sam was there? If he was then he must have something? :dontknow:

Nope was only appionted after Big Sam left.