Speed relieved of Bolton coaching duties, set to return?

Guest nufc_geordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Gary Speed will be offered a coaching role at Newcastle if he cannot sort out his differences with Bolton boss Sammy Lee. (Daily Mail)

Anyone know when Speed's contract is up with Bolton ?

I don't think it matters i.e. I think there may be a mutual agreement to cancel his contract and sign for us as a free agent.

I don't think it matters i.e. I think there may be a mutual agreement to cancel his contract and sign for us as a free agent.

The only ways he would be able to come here would be for him to retire as a player and join our coaching staff, in which case Bolton would still hold his player registration for the duration of his current contract, leaving him unable to play for us. Alternatively we could buy him in January or wait for his contract to expire.

The only ways he would be able to come here would be for him to retire as a player and join our coaching staff, in which case Bolton would still hold his player registration for the duration of his current contract, leaving him unable to play for us. Alternatively we could buy him in January or wait for his contract to expire.

...or what Alex said.

think its nailed on he will be back at some point, everytime he's on sky he seems to mention that he never wanted to leave and we are the club he looks for first despite being an everton fan as a kid, cant see it being now though more likely the summer.

As a player? No, thanks. He's about a million years old. What we going to do with him? On the staff, well it's up to Big Sam, but I would be happy to have him if he was up to the job.

keep him as backup and motivator?

I'd love Speed back at the club and would trust Sams judgement should he decided to bring him back. However, we can not make the mistake of hireing old boys just for the crak.

Is something that's become increasingly frustrating and down right stupid over the past two or three years. Srnicek, Bernard, Clark, McDermott, etc - madness - and were brought back for who they were, not what they're like.

Speed however, is a different matter - i think he'd be an excellent acquisition in the coaching department.

As a player? No, thanks. He's about a million years old. What we going to do with him? On the staff, well it's up to Big Sam, but I would be happy to have him if he was up to the job.

Terry Mac tells the jokes.

Terry Mac tells the jokes.

I think you're undervaluing his skill set personally.  He also lights his farts and pulls pranks on the players.