Guest kingdawson

Paul Robinson

Michael Dawson

Jermaine Jenas

Darren Bent

Aaron Lennon

Tom Huddlestone

Should all be on that list.

Walcott is young, his price was huge, but most of it wasn't paid upfront and is for future milestones. Babel i've not seen enough of, and think he could be deadly in the future, the rest are spot on though, maybe a bit harsh on Carragher, but still vastly over rated, especially by himself.

Huddlestone and Lennon should be on that list yet you let Walcott off because of his age?? Tbh the only one that could possibly be on that list is Dawson as Robbo is s**** so cant really be over-rated.

Agreed 100% on your Carragher comment though. He actually thinks he's something special.

Dude seriously ... Jenas might be the poster boy for the term overrated. You talk about Obi mikel being a nothing player? Then what the hell is Jenas?

Lennon is not overrated to me and Huddlestone could be something in a 4-3-3. They are both still young enough to emerge. Jenas however is utterly useless.

hmmmmm a player that has managed 15 goals in a bit over 60 appearance which roughly equates to a goal every 4 games which goes to show he isnt a 'nothing midfielder' as he actually has goals to his game (something obi Mikel dosent have. Zokora on the other hand can be described as a nothing midfelder although i rate him :thup:

Obi Mikel is not hyped anywhere near as much as Jenas has been. He is also still somewhat new to the league and just 20yrs old. When I watch him I see someone that does do a good job of controlling the tempo of the game and distibuting the ball around and maintaining posession. Although not the strongest in the tackle he is no slouch defensively either.

Jenas on the other hand is seen as this special talent, but cannot keep posession as well as Mikel, cannot see a pass as well as Mikel and is not as strong on the ball or in the tackle as Mikel. He does get into good positions to score goals at times, but that doesn't make him a good player. Lampard does the same thing as someone else already mentioned.

Look at Gareth barry for England for example. You don't necessarily see him flying into tackles all the time to win the ball back, or scoring goals all the time either. However, he is the glue of the England team right now. He links everything together by controlling the tempo of the game and distributing the ball around quite impressively. 

Guest kingdawson

Paul Robinson

Michael Dawson

Jermaine Jenas

Darren Bent

Aaron Lennon

Tom Huddlestone

Walcott is young, his price was huge, but most of it wasn't paid upfront and is for future milestones. Babel i've not seen enough of, and think he could be deadly in the future, the rest are spot on though, maybe a bit harsh on Carragher, but still vastly over rated, especially by himself.

Huddlestone and Lennon should be on that list yet you let Walcott off because of his age?? Tbh the only one that could possibly be on that list is Dawson as Robbo is s**** so cant really be over-rated.

Agreed 100% on your Carragher comment though. He actually thinks he's something special.

Dude seriously ... Jenas might be the poster boy for the term overrated. You talk about Obi mikel being a nothing player? Then what the hell is Jenas?

Lennon is not overrated to me and Huddlestone could be something in a 4-3-3. They are both still young enough to emerge. Jenas however is utterly useless.

hmmmmm a player that has managed 15 goals in a bit over 60 appearance which roughly equates to a goal every 4 games which goes to show he isnt a 'nothing midfielder' as he actually has goals to his game (something obi Mikel dosent have. Zokora on the other hand can be described as a nothing midfelder although i rate him :thup:

Obi Mikel is not hyped anywhere near as much as Jenas has been. He is also still somewhat new to the league and just 20yrs old. When I watch him I see someone that does do a good job of controlling the tempo of the game and distibuting the ball around and maintaining posession. Although not the strongest in the tackle he is no slouch defensively either.

Jenas on the other hand is seen as this special talent, but cannot keep posession as well as Mikel, cannot see a pass as well as Mikel and is not as strong on the ball or in the tackle as Mikel. He does get into good positions to score goals at times, but that doesn't make him a good player. Lampard does the same thing as someone else already mentioned.

Look at Gareth barry for England for example. You don't necessarily see him flying into tackles all the time to win the ball back, or scoring goals all the time either. However, he is the glue of the England team right now. He links everything together by controlling the tempo of the game and distributing the ball around quite impressively. 

Mikel is nothing like Barry who also has goals to his game. He's a poor tackler and all he has going for him is his passing (which isnt anything special tbh). Youre giving him way to much credit tbh.

Oba Martins tbh.

Fantastic athlete but a very ordinary footballer.  :undecided:

Wouldn't say ordinary, just hurrendously inconsistent. He's undoubtedly got supreme attacking ability. He's come on this season aswell, his goal against Man City - for me - the epitomy of his improvement as an EPL striker.

Certainly frustrating, but i'm still excited about the guy.

Paul Robinson

Michael Dawson

Jermaine Jenas

Darren Bent

Aaron Lennon

Tom Huddlestone

I didn't say he was Gareth Barry. I was simply using Barry to explain how a player could still be excellent without winning every tackle or scoring every goal, like Barry has been recently for England.

To be fair I have watched Mikel play a lot for Nigeria as well and so I have seen a lot more of him. His move to Chelsea was an awful one. He isn't playing enough at Chelsea and I don't think he is as comfortable in the 4-3-3. He was outstanding for Nigeria in theunder 21 tournament where he controlled games from midfield and he took them all the way to the final. Best player at the tourney after Messi.

Mikel is nothing like Barry who also has goals to his game. He's a poor tackler and all he has going for him is his passing (which isnt anything special tbh). Youre giving him way to much credit tbh.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

shearer was overrated

That you may have to explain! Cant see how the all time goalscorer in the PL can be overrated.....

shearer was overrated

That you may have to explain! Cant see how the all time goalscorer in the PL can be overrated.....

overrated by nufc fans FACT

if he was such a great he would of won trophies with us

roy keane is a true great unlike shearer

shearer was overrated

I honestly don't know what happened to you. When you first came on the board I'm sure you made contributive, interesting posts. Now all you do is slag off other members and post pathetic wind-ups.

Robinson - Almost as slow as Shaka Hislop....almost.

Rooney - Super player, super over rated by the media too.

Huddlestone - As good as Fabregas, apparently.

Ashely Cole - Not half the player now as he was at Arsenal

Ben Haim - Slow as fuck, could get turned by my nan.

Mikel - After all the hub bub I can't understand what for...

Johnson - Just wank tbh, can remember the season when Palace and Norwich went down and they were comparing him to Ashton ???

Milner - All huff and no puff

Lennon - Take away his pace and you have one average football player

Bent - Good, but £16M good? Nah.

Anton - For the same reason KD said

Scott Parker - We all know why.

shearer was overrated

Aye, he never donned a blue and red cape, and fly round stopping bank heists and saving babys from burning buildings either.

Absolutly s***, should've quit years ago, cancer to the club and so on and so forth.

shearer was overrated

Aye, he never donned a blue and red cape, and fly round stopping bank heists and saving babys from burning buildings either.

He did actually, just like a lot of players he liked to keep his charity work private

If anything Shearer (for his career overall) is underrated. Too many people seem to have forgotten his Blackburn days and see him as an aging Newcastle number 9 and having never been much else. Especially outside of England, very annoying.

Agbonlahor - Got a long way to go before he's half as good as some people think. Another all pace not enough end product type like Lennon. Plenty of time to improve but I expected more.

I can't make my mind up. In his defence, he is also an excellent finisher (witness goal against Everton a few weeks ago, and goal against Spurs, although most people could finish past Robinson).

He also scored 10 goals last season in his first Prem season, whilst being played out of position for 90 percent of the games (MON persists in playing him wide).

I don't think he's the great new hope of English football, but I do think he is very promising.

Token Newcastle suggestion - Taylor. Really nothing special and I find it baffling to hear stories about interest from Liverpool and more worryingly City while his contract is up in the air. Must have a good agent.

Fully agree. Although, again, he's still young, thus needs to be given time.

And from City - Schmeichel? I'm not sure how many people rate him but he got way more praise than he deserved earlier on this season, he was ropey as owt.

I thought he looked very, very lucky for long periods at the start of the season.