Spuds Pre match thread

NSG

Guest jimmy1982

Haven't been this excited about a match since the start of the season. It'll be interesting to see whether Barton starts. If he does then Emre won't be starting unless we go for the 433. Looks like Sam's got no problems with starting Beye and Enrique at full back so it looks like we've got the makings of a settled defence (touch wood). We've looked better when we've gone 442 so far, but  I suppose if Barton is 100% ready to go I'd prefer to see 433 with Barton Butt Emre in midfield and Zogs as one of the wide attackers, just to see how we get on with it - you don't know til you try. Got some quality players coming back over the last month or so, so it'll be interesting to see what Sam finally goes for when he's got all his options available. 

Guest jimmy1982

Fat Sam said the best Barton can hope for is to start on the bench, even that's not guaranteed yet.

Ah. Then lets hope for 442 with Emre and Butt in the middle. Not too fussed between Milner and Geremi on the right at the moment. Against West Ham it seemed that Zogs crossing in for Viduka could be a very useful combination for us this season, so more of that please.

I get the impression SA is playing Barton down while secretly planning all along to have him on the bench. The wily old rascal.  :shifty:

Paul Robinson being out is honestly the best news we (Spurs) could have possibly hoped for ! He seems to average a goal a game for the opposition right now. Cerny is a decent enough keeper, nearly always opts to throw the ball out rather than hoofing it up too. If we're gonna stand a chance against you we need to keep the ball as much as possible!

I echo your sentiments about Robbo.  BMJ has long described him as one of his untouchables but there's been no justification for that description or his selection for most of this season.  Cerny isn't a top top keeper but he's very capable and I've got no qualms about him being selected irrespective of what form Robinson is displaying at that time.  Also agree with about Cerny's distribution.  If Spurs like to seen as a passing team, it's totally illogical to have the keeper going for the big hoof every single time he gets it, even if he is an accurate kicker of the ball.

2-0 to the Toon I reckon.

More news on the Spurs front.  Paul Kemsley is resigning as Vice Chaiman.  Was a rumour that he was going to do a Dein and team up with Mike Ashley (when he sold NUFC), Philip Green (billionaire boss of BHS, Topshop etc) and Richard Caring (billionaire owner of Wentworth Golf Club amongst other interests with a views to buy out Levy.  The likelihood of that happening seems to be just about nil.

Probably more accurate is that Kemsley's nose is out of joint right now, not getting enough recognition for what he's done with the redevelopment of WHL (nothing!), sorting out the new Academy (Planning application submitted)  and excellent Annual Accounts (being released tomorrow).

I still think Levy will be selling up before the end of this season, but not to Kemsley. 

And you really think we give a monkeys' toss ?

Spurs fans generally take an interest in how their rivals are faring, whether you do or not is your prerogative.

Turnover up 39% and profit after all player trading up to £29.3m ensures another transfer kitty of over £50m available for the next window should the right players become available.  The fact that Spurs have also announced a dividend for the first time since 1998 also reflects that, at the present time, they are awash with money.

Did I mention Spuds fans?

Do you speak for all of them ?

I repeat, do you think we give a toss about the boring spurs crap you post on here.

Here is a heads up for you it is a Newcastle web site,most come here to post and read about NEWCASTLE.

I am not opposed to any visiting fan having their twopenneth,but you abuse the privilege.

If you think your awash with money,we're are drowning in cash now.Having said that it is not about cash it is about results, it is about points it is about the game.

Things that Spurs don't have so you talk money -silly child

No

No

Some do, you obviously don't.

My family background includes Benwell, hence my interest in NUFC.  Your background apparently doesn't include Tottenham or Edmonton.

Wasn't aware there was a privilege that I was abusing.  Not once been banned here and I have been a member of this board  somewhat longer than you.

Lacking points currently, true, but without the finances to invest, points will be all the more harder to acquire.  Newcastle experienced that problem in the past year or two, but with MA's backing and SA's ability, points should be easier for Newcastle to pick up.

Silly child???  Been a long long time since anyone said that to me although I must admit I do look good for my age!

More news on the Spurs front.  Paul Kemsley is resigning as Vice Chaiman.  Was a rumour that he was going to do a Dein and team up with Mike Ashley (when he sold NUFC), Philip Green (billionaire boss of BHS, Topshop etc) and Richard Caring (billionaire owner of Wentworth Golf Club amongst other interests with a views to buy out Levy.  The likelihood of that happening seems to be just about nil.

Dear me, no offence mate but some of the rumours and 'inside info' I hear from Spurs fans have to go down as the most fantastical jackanory peices of bull I've ever heard.  I mean its not enough to rumour that Mike Ashley (who has just paid £133 for a Football club, paid off £80 million of debt, and turns up to every game in a Newcastle top) is going to just up and sell within months in order to try to buy Tottenham...  Oh no, he's going to team up with 3 other billionaires to do it.  Because Spurs are too good for one man with a $4 billion personal fortune, they need three billionaires to fullfill there massive potential :lol:  Just about no chance of that happening?, try no chance what so ever of even any part of that happening..

Turnover up 39% and profit after all player trading up to £29.3m ensures another transfer kitty of over £50m available for the next window should the right players become available.

The financial report won't include all of the £28.5 million you spent on summer transfers, not even most of it.  As with most transfers some money will be paid up front for players with the majority of the rest of the fee being paid bit by bit over the following year/s.  Also I don't know how you get this £50 million figure from..

Dear me, no offence mate but some of the rumours and 'inside info' I hear from Spurs fans have to go down as the most fantastical jackanory peices of bull I've ever heard.  I mean its not enough to rumour that Mike Ashley (who has just paid £133 for a Football club, paid off £80 million of debt, and turns up to every game in a Newcastle top) is going to just up and sell within months in order to try to buy Tottenham...  Oh no, he's going to team up with 3 other billionaires to do it.  Because Spurs are too good for one man with a $4 billion personal fortune, they need three billionaires to fullfill there massive potential :lol:  Just about no chance of that happening?, try no chance what so ever of even any part of that happening..

Turnover up 39% and profit after all player trading up to £29.3m ensures another transfer kitty of over £50m available for the next window should the right players become available.

The financial report won't include all of the £28.5 million you spent on summer transfers, not even most of it.  As with most transfers some money will be paid up front for players with the majority of the rest of the fee being paid bit by bit over the following year/s.  Also I don't know how you get this £50 million figure from..

The 'inside info' I gave was that Kemsley was going, which he has, and that Spurs would post record figures in their Accounts, which they did.  The rumour going about that I mentioned, that Kemsley would leave and team up with others, was as I said, just a rmour.  I did also say that I thought the chance of it actually happening was just about nil.  I still think that even though some of the press are now coming out with the story.

FWIW Kemsley does know how much cash Levy wants to sell up and it is beyond PK's means even though he is seriously wealthy.  I doubt whether Ashley is a Spurs fan as the press are saying (he's been to WHL on numerous occasions with Kemsley), Green and Caring are businessmen before fans.

When Levy does sell up, I believe it will be to either a Russian or a Far Eastern consortium, both of which have been on the horizon for quite a while.

True, the financial report doesn't include all that was spent in the summer window, but it doesn't include all of the increased television revenue from the new deal either.  Spurs have had over £50m available for the past 2 windows, although not all was spent either time.  My understanding is that the same scenario exists for the forthcoming window.

The 'inside info' I gave was that Kemsley was going, which he has, and that Spurs would post record figures in their Accounts, which they did.  The rumour going about that I mentioned, that Kemsley would leave and team up with others, was as I said, just a rmour.  I did also say that I thought the chance of it actually happening was just about nil.  I still think that even though some of the press are now coming out with the story.

FWIW Kemsley does know how much cash Levy wants to sell up and it is beyond PK's means even though he is seriously wealthy.  I doubt whether Ashley is a Spurs fan as the press are saying (he's been to WHL on numerous occasions with Kemsley), Green and Caring are businessmen before fans.

When Levy does sell up, I believe it will be to either a Russian or a Far Eastern consortium, both of which have been on the horizon for quite a while.

True, the financial report doesn't include all that was spent in the summer window, but it doesn't include all of the increased television revenue from the new deal either.  Spurs have had over £50m available for the past 2 windows, although not all was spent either time.  My understanding is that the same scenario exists for the forthcoming window.

Ok that last sentance seals the deal, MJ is infact Anal Oliver in disguise!

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

I would play:

Given

Beye  Taylor  Cacappa   Enrique

Milner   Butt    Emre   Zogbia

Martins  Viduka

Subs:

Harper, Rozenhal, Geremi, Barton, Owen (best bench for ages)

Not sure it would be ideal to start both Owen and Viduka as i'm not sure either of them will last 90 minutes. Without Smith or Ameobi on the bench i think it would be sensible to start Martins and let Viduka/Owen play 45-60 mins before being subbed for the other one.

Same goes for Emre/Barton.

CB is more interesting, Berbatov isn't bad in the air which will put pressure on Cacapa and Roz, if we put Taylor/Faye in there instead of Roz we lose pace at the back and distribution. T or F might give away silly fouls as well.

Milner/Geremi debate isn't so pressing imo. Their left side is likely to be Lee and LB who's right footed iirc and Bale atLW who isn't quick. Either of our 2 could be comfortable against them i reckon.

I think this would be the ideal match to try Martins and Owen together.  Spurs' defence is shocking and they wouldn't be able to cope with Martins' pace and Owen's movement.

The defence is only as good as its keeper and Robbo has been consistently grim this season.  Cerny at the present time is definitely a step up and Spurs showed at Anfield that the defence could do a good job against quality opposition.  I still think Spurs will lose but it could be a close encounter.

I think this would be the ideal match to try Martins and Owen together.  Spurs' defence is shocking and they wouldn't be able to cope with Martins' pace and Owen's movement.

The defence is only as good as its keeper and Robbo has been consistently grim this season.  Cerny at the present time is definitely a step up and Spurs showed at Anfield that the defence could do a good job against quality opposition.  I still think Spurs will lose but it could be a close encounter.

A defence is only as good as its keeper, :lol: does that mean we have had one of the best defenses in the world at the Toon, seeing as Given has been one of the best keepers in the world? This season our defence is better than it has been in a long time but Given seems to have taken a slight dip in form.

Funny thing to say like MJ. :D

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Robinson is out for Spurs..

SHIT.

:lol:

And Given is not one of the best keepers in the world.  Sorry like.

s***.

He has been classed as being in the top 5 keepers in the world over the past few years like, but one thing is for sure he has been miles better than any defence we have had. :D

s***.

He has been classed as being int he top 5 keepers int he world over the past few years like, but one thing is for sure he has been miles better than any defence we have had. :D

like like,like like like like.

like!

s***.

He has been classed as being int he top 5 keepers int he world over the past few years like, but one thing is for sure he has been miles better than any defence we have had. :D

like like,like like like like.

like!

:lol: I can't believe I used a "LIKE"  :kasper: :-[ :-[ :-[