Spuds Pre match thread

NSG

I was about to head off to bed, and then I saw this load of rubbish:

Jol: Newcastle not in our league

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=474698&cc=5901

Technically he is right though that is poor management by Jol. His statements are only going to spur our players on and I hope we gave his team a pasting tonight and shove his words back into his mouth and right through his ass!

Love how he fails to mention before the last 2 years, he should also remember that we are better than Spurs in every department, fan base, finances, manager, stadium, and yes even squad.

He can go fuck himself

Havent read the thread but just read this quote from Jol.

""We had European football for the last two years and they (Newcastle) didn't. It would be fantastic for them if they were in the first six or seven, playing European football next season would be a good achievement for them.

We already did that twice so it's different. We are in the group stages of the UEFA Cup and they would love to do that as well."

I can't believe his crass stupidity in making those remarks.  It will only motivate one team ffs!  I did orignially say 2-0 defeat, moved to odd goal when Robbo was pronounced unfit, I'll now go back to 2-0 again.  I hope its going to be mild in Newcastle tonight cos I'm on my way now and I don't want to watch a defeat while I'm f*cking freezing!

Havent read the thread but just read this quote from Jol.

""We had European football for the last two years and they (Newcastle) didn't. It would be fantastic for them if they were in the first six or seven, playing European football next season would be a good achievement for them.

We already did that twice so it's different. We are in the group stages of the UEFA Cup and they would love to do that as well."

I can't believe his crass stupidity in making those remarks.  It will only motivate one team ffs!  I did orignially say 2-0 defeat, moved to odd goal when Robbo was pronounced unfit, I'll now go back to 2-0 again.  I hope its going to be mild in Newcastle tonight cos I'm on my way now and I don't want to watch a defeat while I'm f*cking freezing!

Hope you've brought your binoculars. :D

Guest Ridzuan

Jol speaking from his belly and not his brain there.But words mean nothing.We will see which team is better tonight and at the end of the season.I hope we will give them a good thrashing.

A question about radio coverage if I may....

Does the Newcastle World Internet-exclusive agreement affect radio 5 online cmmentary?

AM coverage dips out after dark where I live and the only DAB I have is in my car! Hoping to get it on t'internet if possible, otherwise its 'America's Next Top Model' with the misses and teletext! :frantic:

Does the Newcastle World Internet-exclusive agreement affect radio 5 online cmmentary?

AM coverage dips out after dark where I live and the only DAB I have is in my car! Hoping to get it on t'internet if possible, otherwise its 'America's Next Top Model' with the misses and teletext! :frantic:

Its on the telly.

There actually isn't that much wrong with Spurs. Sooner or later the side will come together probably when King returns in the next few weeks. Robinson has had a poor start to the season and thier midfield is too soft for the moment and they've clearly missed Lennon.

My two predictions are that Keane will score and the game will be a draw.

Hope I'm wrong on both counts.

agree, still a good team despite their position and they deserved to win at Anfield. i remember last season they started poorly too but still finished 5th at the end of the season. I'm worried about Bale up against Beye who positionally looks awkward, think we'll need Milner or Geremi to put in a lot of defensive work down the right. Likewise for Lennon against Enrique though despite his lack of pace i think he'll make his physical presence count.

Personally i'm a bit worried Spurs will get the win they need and if they take the lead we have a job on our hands because their pace and movement will exploit our defence when we push up. on the other hand if we score first and Spurs commit too many forward, we could score plenty as we've seen how porous their defence is. i also think they lack presence in the middle and leadership all over the park so i think their heads might drop if we get the likes of Faye to batter them, stuff starts going our way, the ref is hard on them, jenas misses open goals and so on.

with both of us leaking goals but scoring liberally there should be lots of chances for both sides. i think it will close and probably decided by a single goal separating the two teams, bit like the Everton game.

Its on the telly.

Don't have stetanta unfortunately

Its on the telly.

Don't have stetanta unfortunately

watch it in the pub?

There actually isn't that much wrong with Spurs. Sooner or later the side will come together probably when King returns in the next few weeks. Robinson has had a poor start to the season and thier midfield is too soft for the moment and they've clearly missed Lennon.

My two predictions are that Keane will score and the game will be a draw.

Hope I'm wrong on both counts.

agree, still a good team despite their position and they deserved to win at Anfield. i remember last season they started poorly too but still finished 5th at the end of the season. I'm worried about Bale up against Beye who positionally looks awkward, think we'll need Milner or Geremi to put in a lot of defensive work down the right. Likewise for Lennon against Enrique though despite his lack of pace i think he'll make his physical presence count.

Personally i'm a bit worried Spurs will get the win they need and if they take the lead we have a job on our hands because their pace and movement will exploit our defence when we push up. on the other hand if we score first and Spurs commit too many forward, we could score plenty as we've seen how porous their defence is. i also think they lack presence in the middle and leadership all over the park so i think their heads might drop if we get the likes of Faye to batter them, stuff starts going our way, the ref is hard on them, jenas misses open goals and so on.

with both of us leaking goals but scoring liberally there should be lots of chances for both sides. i think it will close and probably decided by a single goal separating the two teams, bit like the Everton game.

They will be more anxious to get something from this game and that is something that can work to our advantage. The longer the game goes without them scoring the better. The player to unsettle is Keane who has stymied his critics of late. If someone, ideally Butt/Faye or Geremi can give him a really hard kick in the first half he'll spend the rest of the match whinning to the ref and we'll take control. Spurs for me is all about Keane at the moment he is the touchstone and has made it his personal goal to keep Jol (who has stuck by him) in the job.

The way to beat Spurs is to take charge of the central midfield and we have the players to do that and make them play around us giving them a tempo disadvantage as they have to make an extra two or three passes to get into dangerous areas and ultimately all crosses become 50/50 balls if the def is correctly marshalled. On the other hand I'd like to see us attack with agility and quick thinking not giving their cd's a chance to reposition against O2 and be caught turning or running alongside...These for me will be the early signs as soon as you see them dropping off or being pulled wide the panick will set in and Owen for shure is the ghost who can apply the silent finish.

If in the UK, and can't get to a pub, Radio Five Live Newcastle coverage is available on the internet (and on normal radio)

Not from the normal Five Live site though, as that can't block out non-UK users. Instead, there will be a link from the BBC Sport website, probably found amongst the NUFC vs Spurs live text description.

Martin Jol believes Tottenham's success over the last two seasons means it is impossible to compare them to Newcastle, their opponents on Monday evening.

Pundits have grouped the two clubs together in the clutch of teams looking to qualify for Europe and eventually break into the top four of the Barclays Premier League.

Jol feels that consecutive top-five finishes mean Spurs have already reached the heights that teams such as Newcastle aspire to.

"We had European football for the last two years and they didn't," Jol said. "Why would they be in the same boat?

"It would be fantastic for them if they were in the first six or seven - playing European football next season would be a good achievement for them.

"We already did that twice so it's different. We are in the group stages of the UEFA Cup and they would love to do that as well."

Jol added: "It's always about the end of the season. We finished above all the other teams including Bolton.

"The only conclusion you can make over the last couple of years is that teams like Aston Villa, Manchester City - they would be delighted to be in the top six."

Dutchman Jol has defied the odds to keep his job at White Hart Lane, although they will stay in the bottom three if they do not pick up a point or more at St James' Park tonight.

What an effing twat, so when did spurs every play in the Champions league and finish in the top 2?? God I really hope we beat these c**ts tonight, makes my piss boil!

Guest Deep456

I'll tell you honestly, I will love it if we beat them - LOVE IT! f****** Martin Jol can sleep face down in a pool of his own piss after that one.

Dude stfu. Your going to jinx us. Also I hope he doesn't get sacked so spurs will get relegated because he is a sheit manager.