Everton Match Steward Arrested.

Crumpy Gunt

Personally I thought Clatts did really well until the 94th minute when he didn't give Everton the penalty.

Unfortunately its a big decision to get wrong.

That, and preparing to give a yellow for a last man fan, and then allowing himself to be talked into giving a red instead.

tbf, you can't make a judgement about that unless you're on the pitch. You can't go off what you saw and then automatically assume Gerrard talked him into giving red.

Although we will never really know it did look very dodgy.

Wasn't he demoted a few seasons ago? Not saying he should be now but im sure I remember it happening with him previously.

I didn't think the red card decisions were bad at all.  He acted within the laws of the game.  Obviously he missed that one at the end, but there's something suspect going on in every close game Liverpool play.  It's more that they get every 50/50 decision rather than getting all the big ones though.

Guest kingdawson

I didn't think the red card decisions were bad at all.  He acted within the laws of the game.  Obviously he missed that one at the end, but there's something suspect going on in every close game Liverpool play.  It's more that they get every 50/50 decision rather than getting all the big ones though.

Agreed 100%. I promise you they had the ref in their back pocket when we were up there a few weeks ago. The Bale decision was really mind blowing tbh.

It was interesting stuff on MOTD though, Clattenburg has the yellow card out, Gerrard comes and says something to him, he pockets the yellow, and red cards Hibbert.  However, there's no way, if that was actually a foul, that he could not send Hibbert off.  That had to be red.

Aye, people are saying that every single decision he made was wrong. The Lescott one at the end was wrong, that's all...

Are you for real? Did you even watch the game?

Lescott should have had two pens, not one

Gerrard clearly made the ref send Hibbert off

Gerrard's pen was probably outside the box anyway

How did Kuyt not get sent off for the worst lunge I've seen this season?

How did Carragher not get booked for constantly fouling Yakubu and continually arguing and abusing the ref?

Then there is just the general bias in their favour for the whole 90 mins everytime there was a 50/50 decision to be made

Clettenberg should be demoted after that woeful, biased performance yesterday. If you don't agree then you should take up another sport.

Aye, people are saying that every single decision he made was wrong. The Lescott one at the end was wrong, that's all...

Are you for real? Did you even watch the game? Yes.

Lescott should have had two pens, not one Touch and go.

Gerrard clearly made the ref send Hibbert off Did he? For sure? Even if he did, it was the correct decision anyway.

Gerrard's pen was probably outside the box anyway Nah.

How did Kuyt not get sent off for the worst lunge I've seen this season? Probably because he was nowhere near the man or the ball.

How did Carragher not get booked for constantly fouling Yakubu and continually arguing and abusing the ref? I thought he did get booked?

Then there is just the general bias in their favour for the whole 90 mins everytime there was a 50/50 decision to be made

Clettenberg should be demoted after that woeful, biased performance yesterday. If you don't agree then you should take up another sport. Phew, glad i've still got my Subbuteo!

Yes Gerrard did make him change his mind. Clearly. There is a video of Clattenburg standing there with a yellow card in hand, Gerrard walks past and says something and then Clattenburg reaches for the red.

And you think this tackle was nowhere near the man and not a red card offence?

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/efcrobmc/kuyt.jpg

Really? If so, you haven't got a clue mate.

Same with saying Lescott's penalty appeal was "touch and go" he was blatantly wrestled to the floor with no attempt to play the ball

Yes Gerrard did make him change his mind. Clearly. There is a video of Clattenburg standing there with a yellow card in hand, Gerrard walks past and says something and then Clattenburg reaches for the red.

And you think this tackle was nowhere near the man and not a red card offence?

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/efcrobmc/kuyt.jpg

Really? If so, you haven't got a clue mate.

Same with saying Lescott's penalty appeal was "touch and go" he was blatantly wrestled to the floor with no attempt to play the ball

Aye, but, but, Clatty is a Geordie you know. Therefore is excluded (like Gazza I suppose) for being a complete useless fuck up.

Lescott was wrestled to the floor for the second penalty, agreed - but the first - nah. He was slightly impeded but i can imagine there would have been play-on elsewhere on the pitch, too. About Kuyt - i'm subject to a mind-change. :razz:

It'd be utterly stupid to demote Clattenburg. He had a bad day, but he is one of the best and most consistent refs in the Premier League. Our refs are bad enough as it is, we can't be getting rid of our better ones.

Judging from what I saw on MOTD, that was an appalling refereeing performance.  He should be given a bollocking in private IMO.  I'm not sure about demoting him- unless there's a referee in the Championship who deserves a chance in the top division, which I don't have a clue about.

It's sickening how often Liverpool have a twelfth man on the pitch.  When one big decision goes against them though (the Chelsea one earlier in the season), we hear about it for weeks afterwards.

Personally I thought Clatts did really well until the 94th minute when he didn't give Everton the penalty.

yeh your mate 'clatts' did well if you dont include the following:

Not giving Everton 2 stone wall penalties

Not sending off Dirk 'karate kid' kuyt

Getting influenced by the moody twat Gerrard

Not booking the even moodier twat Carragher a long time before he did

Giving every 50/50 decision Pools way

Kuyt should have been sent off.

Gerrard fell over cause he didn't want to shoot with his left. Not a penalty. Yellow for Gerrard really.

Carraghers constant waving of his arms and holding his head at every descision are the actions of a man who already realises Liverpool will win win nothing this year.

Carragher needs to realise he's not some scally on the streets in Bootle anymore. The  way he conducts  himself is pretty shocking.

But that is exactly what he is - you can put £100m in his bank account and him and his family will still be common as muck.

yeh your mate 'clatts' did well if you dont include the following:

Not giving Everton 2 stone wall penalties

Not sending off Dirk 'karate kid' kuyt

Getting influenced by the moody t*** Gerrard

Not booking the even moodier t*** Carragher a long time before he did

Giving every 50/50 decision Pools way

Kuyt should have been sent off.

Gerrard fell over cause he didn't want to shoot with his left. Not a penalty. Yellow for Gerrard really.

Carraghers constant waving of his arms and holding his head at every descision are the actions of a man who already realises Liverpool will win win nothing this year.

Agree with that  blueyes.gif

Apparently the directives state that 2 footed tackles which make no contact with the player should be a yellow card.  Which is crazy, really, because that's a red in most people's book.

Another point is that the referees at the top use 'write-on' cards, where they make notes about yellow and red cards on the card itself using a felt tip pen.  This is possibly why the 1st red card looked messy, as if Gerrard changed his mind.  Clattenburg (sorry kd, didn't realise if I called him "Clatts" he was my best mate, I expect you to call Berbatov by his full name in future) was quite possibly writing on his yellow, prior to showing the red.  Which, if he did, is a mistake he won't make again.

Or he could have got a word from his Assistant over the headset.  Or Gerrard changed his mind.  But I don't think so.

The 2nd Everton penalty shout was as blatant as they come and will probably mean he doesn't get a game in the Premiership next week.  But calls for him to be demoted are ridiculous.

Clattenburg best ref in the prem? If he was from london i bet you wouldnt be saying that - he was very poor yesterday. If Kuyts challenge was not a sending off then i dont know what is. Everton were robbed out of a point yesterday

Well I always used to believe Poll was the best when he was around, and ditto Elleray.  From Hertfordshire and Middlesex respectively.

Apparently the directives state that 2 footed tackles which make no contact with the player should be a yellow card.  Which is crazy, really, because that's a red in most people's book.

That's not what was stated by the head of referees at the start of the season in an address to all the managers. A tackle with both feet leaving the floor and studs showing is supposed to be a straight red, contact or not, and the refs were also supposed to be paying special attention to this issue to try and stamp it out.

That Kuyt tackle was f****** awful. Absolute, nailed-on red card.

Not even sure it was a tackle, more like a jumped block, as he knew he would never make it to the player in time. Henry did something virtually identical there a couple of seasons back.

Guest scousertommy

You obviously never saw the penalty we concede against Chelsea this season then. From looking at your numerous "let's drive our best player out of the club" posts I can see a few of you are loons but you seriously cannot believe that we're favoured by refs!!