Big Sam and England

JH
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On the back of this today in the Mirror:

Big Sam will not rule out Mac job

20/10/2007

Sam Allardyce has refused to rule himself out of the running for the England job if Steve McClaren gets the sack.

The Newcastle boss is the leading English contender with the bookies, with McClaren certain to be given the boot if his side fail to qualify for Euro 2008. Allardyce missed out to McClaren 16 months ago but was pressed yesterday on his international ambitions.

Asked if he was ruling himself out of the running, Allardyce said: "I am not saying anything like that.

"There is a man in the job, he is a good friend of mine and I won't speculate as to whether I would or I wouldn't do anything. Steve should be left to finish what he is doing."

Advertisement

Asked if it is on his long term radar, Allardyce added: "You don't know what happens or when it might come about.

"This is the biggest club as an English manager I could have got. The only job that might have been bigger than that is a job as national coach."

How would you react if McClaren was sacked and Big Sam was offered the job on top of the Toon job? ala what Sir Bobby wanted to do a few years ago but Freddy Shepherd wouldn't let him.

Would you be happy to let Allardyce manage Newcastle and then manage England during the International breaks? Could he handle both jobs?

strange wording in the mirror article as this mornings journal has allardyce quoted saying “The England job’s not really on my long term radar, but you don’t know what is going to happen in the future,”

yet the mirror article cuts a bit out of that to make it sound worse than it was. yes they are correct with what he says but they alter the context completly

strange wording in the mirror article as this mornings journal has allardyce quoted saying The England jobs not really on my long term radar, but you dont know what is going to happen in the future,

yet the mirror article cuts a bit out of that to make it sound worse than it was. yes they are correct with what he says but they alter the context completly

That's journalism in a nutshell really though.

They aren't wrong in what they're saying because he said it, they're just misleading people by twisting a quote a different way.

strange wording in the mirror article as this mornings journal has allardyce quoted saying The England jobs not really on my long term radar, but you dont know what is going to happen in the future,

That's journalism in a nutshell really though.

They aren't wrong in what they're saying because he said it, they're just misleading people by twisting a quote a different way.

no it's shit journalism,there are one or two good journos still out there

I'd be delighted if he left NUFC to manage England.

i think you'd be delighted if the club folded as we'd never get beat again

I have no problem with NUFC losing games as long as the effort both on and off the pitch is 100%

and you don't think allardyce gives 100% ?

I have no problem with NUFC losing games as long as the effort both on and off the pitch is 100%

Are you on smack?  :laugh2:

Proper WUM  :lol:

Guest elbee909

Are you on smack?  :laugh2:

Proper WUM  :lol:

Is he, is he really?  Well I never.

He didn't go to Derby County expecting a win. His words, not mine.

you believe everything a manager says afterwards ?

Why would I not believe it? His line up and tactics suggest he backed his opinion 100%

Why would I not believe it? His line up and tactics suggest he backed his opinion 100%

He's not going to get everything right, crumpy. 

i think his tactics cost us at citeh, didn't mean he wasn't 100% committed.

don't beleive too much what managers/players etc say to the press as they say either what they think we want to hear or (after the fact) excuses. shouldn't reallt have to imapart this.

don't beleive too much what managers/players etc say to the press as they say either what they think we want to hear or (after the fact) excuses. shouldn't reallt have to imapart this.

:lol:  What? 

:lol:  What? 

sorry,my fault, should've put a couple of 'K's,'Q's and 'X's in there

I saw a performance at Twerton Park in 1990/91. Coudn't be faulted for effort. Just shite. No doubt you weren't there. Give me a talented lazy twat every day.Not unlike your posting style really.

I wouldn't be disappointed but I am sure Big sam won't be a miracle man with England the only reservation I will have will be if he left he should live us on the summer months until then he should do both jobs togther. I would like to see Mourniho to be our manager next.