Who do you think is the most important player in the nufc squad at present?

fredbob

Well i'm gonna be controversial and say Nicky Butt :runforthehillssmiley:

I agree that Owen is the most important when he plays but how often does that happen?

I've got a feeling that wee Charlie will be my choice this time next year though.

Geremi - Captain, set pieces, plays in the middle of the pitch, he is the key man for our team.

I actually think Geremi has been fairly disappointing, especially in terms of his set pieces.

I agree but I think roles he has make him the most important.

If Beye starts taking long throws from the right &  Barton takes free kicks,  I will  review my choice.

Owen seems to be getting mentioned alot, i kinda disagree with it, i dont think he's as important as Viduka when it comes to our attack, for me its the team players who are the most important and Owen definetely isnt a team player.

It's so refreshing to see so many options, this is the frst squad in 3/4 years which has such a good spread of talent, if only Mr Shearer were still playing.

It's so refreshing to see so many options, this is the frst squad in 3/4 years which has such a good spread of talent

It either means we've got a good selection of talent or if you want to take a negative view it means we have no truly outstanding players that we would miss in the same way that Arsenal would Fabregas, Everton Arteta, Liverpool Gerrard etc.

It's so refreshing to see so many options, this is the frst squad in 3/4 years which has such a good spread of talent

It either means we've got a good selection of talent or if you want to take a negative view it means we have no truly outstanding players that we would miss in the same way that Arsenal would Fabregas, Everton Arteta, Liverpool Gerrard etc.

I think that we've missed Owen while he's been injured don't you think ?

I've just said that he is our most important player, so yes we have.  But Martins is a good replacement so we don't miss him as much as other teams do their best players.  That might also be because they are used to playing without him, but it might have to do with the fact that while Owen is an excellent goal scorer, he doesn't impact a game in the way some of the league's better players do. 

Having several talented players is a good thing, but all the best teams in the league also seem to have one player that is clearly a cut above the rest.  Newcastle lack that at the moment.

sadly there isn't anyone real class at the moment - so we don't have a "most important player" :-(

the closest we get is zoggy imo - adds a bit of creativity and unexpectedness, too many of our players are too easy to read

sadly there isn't anyone real class at the moment - so we don't have a "most important player" :-(

the closest we get is zoggy imo - adds a bit of creativity and unexpectedness, too many of our players are too easy to read

Disagree. Owen and Given are world class players IMO, Players like Cacapa and Viduka are very good quality Premiership players and the likes of Enrique, Zog, Martins etc have a lot of potential.

Guest Stephen927

If we're playing 4-3-3, Emre will be important in terms of offering something vastly different in terms of attacking flair and creativity.

Right now, I would say N'Zogbia.