boring boring newcastle

div-s-

Guest Knightrider

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by our style of play this season. I honestly expected Bolton mark 2 but it's totally different outside of some elements. I can't even describe our style. I'm enjoying it though, especially seeing increasing improvement each week and little things here and there. We can't complain.

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by our style of play this season. I honestly expected Bolton mark 2 but it's totally different outside of some elements. I can't even describe our style. I'm enjoying it though, especially seeing increasing improvement each week and little things here and there. We can't complain.

Best start to a season since 1996, Sam's rebuilding programme well ahead of schedule and we can only get better.

We've scored lots of goals, fourth or fifth most is it, with some screamers among them.  We didn't look like scoring against Villa, and Derby was bottom of the barrel stuff, but the rest has been okay or quite good. Yesterday was "good". I can understand frustration at the earlier games with the Milner Butt Geremi Smith midfield, but that doesn't appear to be the long term masterplan. The more recent games have been better.

Is about right.

We've scored lots of goals, fourth or fifth most is it, with some screamers among them.  We didn't look like scoring against Villa, and Derby was bottom of the barrel stuff, but the rest has been okay or quite good. Yesterday was "good". I can understand frustration at the earlier games with the Milner Butt Geremi Smith midfield, but that doesn't appear to be the long term masterplan. The more recent games have been better.

Is about right.

We haven't really played a serious side yet. Word of caution.

Is about right.

Aye, it's been as easy a start as we could have hoped for, the next 5 games will tell us more about where we are than the last 11 have this season.

Is about right.

Aye, it's been as easy a start as we could have hoped for, the next 5 games will tell us more about where we are than the last 11 have this season.

It has worked in our favour in another way in that the serious sides are getting tied up and focussed with their Euro campaigns as we get to playing them. They will hopefully be a bit more mentally tired than us if not physically. The FA must really love SA. ;)

Most seasons, this start to the season would see us top 4 now. Unfortunately for us, as well as the normal 4, Blackburn, Portsmouth & Man City have also been excellent.

Worryingly Pompey have already played some serious sides.

Most seasons, this start to the season would see us top 4 now. Unfortunately for us, as well as the normal 4, Blackburn, Portsmouth & Man City have also been excellent.

Worryingly Pompey have already played some serious sides.

As have Villa and their just 3 points behind us.

Anyway lots of ifs and buts, but if we get 3 points against Redding and if say they drew with W/Ham, we then beat Pompey at home and we are 4 points ahead of them with a game in hand. I don't think they'll carry there form on. We've got a better squad than both Pompey and Villa, they will no doubt struggle if injuries strike their better players.

Citeh are the best team we have played thus far, Elano being the difference between the two sides on the day. So far they look like they'll probably finish above us, but there's a long way to go yet. If we can beat Citeh at SJP and if Elano gets injured they may dip in form then we still have a chance. They have Chelski away next, it makes Reading an incredible opourtunity for us to re-gain ground and to climb the table come Saturday.