Mike Ashley

ATB

NE5

Seemingly a lot more sense than you, judging by the amount of people on here who get upset but your outrageous views.

Let me remind you:

Keegans teams played entertaining stuff, but when it came down to it, he couldnt win anything despite spending shitloads on midfielders and strikers and virtually totally neglecting the defence. If he had signed some half decent defenders, then maybe he wouldnt have thrown away a 12 point lead.

Anyway, you and I categorise winners differently. I categorise winners by the amount of silver they put on the shelf. You are only satisfied with being entertained. Therefore, by virtue of a lack of trophies won in his time at NUFC, Keegan was a failure, like he was at Fulham, Manchester City and England.

Maybe you should remind me again what he is doing today?  Thats right, running a football circus and not interested in returning to mthe game.

Once again, FOR YOUR BENEFIT, I enjoyed watching his teams play but was thoroughly frustrated that he failed to win something for the club after the amount of money he spent.

I wont comment any further on the matter. It has been done to death.

Guest Bramble OG

NE5

Seemingly a lot more sense than you, judging by the amount of people on here who get upset but your outrageous views.

Let me remind you:

Keegans teams played entertaining stuff, but when it came down to it, he couldnt win anything despite spending shitloads on midfielders and strikers and virtually totally neglecting the defence. If he had signed some half decent defenders, then maybe he wouldnt have thrown away a 12 point lead.

Anyway, you and I categorise winners differently. I categorise winners by the amount of silver they put on the shelf. You are only satisfied with being entertained. Therefore, by virtue of a lack of trophies won in his time at NUFC, Keegan was a failure, like he was at Fulham, Manchester City and England.

Maybe you should remind me again what he is doing today?  Thats right, running a football circus and not interested in returning to mthe game.

Once again, FOR YOUR BENEFIT, I enjoyed watching his teams play but was thoroughly frustrated that he failed to win something for the club after the amount of money he spent.

i always think its a bit of a myth to say our defence cost us under Keegan, i think it was more of a case of throwing games away as a team. the season we lost the 12 point lead we only conceded 2 more goals than man utd and between 93-97 we conceded 165 goals compare that to the champions between 93-97 - 156 goals hardly a drastic diffrence.

NE5

Let me remind you:

macca, I always talk sense. Firstly, you are backtracking, and secondly, don't profess to know what sort of football I want to watch, because you don't.

The 12 point lead has indeed been done to death, it was explained to you - on a number of occasions - that the 12 point lead was cut to 9 within 24 hours and that manure had a game in hand as well, so it was never a 12 point lead on a level playing field. Only people who read cockney journo bullshit and wish to knock the club talk about this 12 point lead.

Keegan built Newcastle from the ashes. You have been away for so long you have forgotten just how shit this club was.

Who else has gained a 12 point lead in the first place ?

Who else has bought as well as Keegan ?

Who else has finished 2nd in the league - apart from Dalglish with the remnants of Keegans team - despite them ALL being backed to the hilt ?

And, I remember you, laughingly, backing Souness to get it right because he had won some titles in Scotland and the League Cup with Blackburn. What happened there then, what caused you such optimism that such a shithead would ever get near the team that Keegan built at Newcastle ? The fact is, only Bobby Robson has got anywhere near, and you won't admit that you are hopelessly and laughingly wrong.

BTW, Keegan was the man who also laid the foundations whereby Fulham have consolidated a position in the top flight for the first time since the 1960's. They were in the 3rd division and going nowhere when he took over.

You could also name me a manager since Keegan who has succeeded with England, as you appear to think this is some dreadful reflection on him ?

As in the past, I don't expect truthful or factual replies.

NE5

Let me remind you:

i always think its a bit of a myth to say our defence cost us under Keegan, i think it was more of a case of throwing games away as a team. the season we lost the 12 point lead we only conceded 2 more goals than man utd and between 93-97 we conceded 165 goals compare that to the champions between 93-97 - 156 goals hardly a drastic diffrence.

Correct. This is another bullshit myth that macca has picked up from the lundun journos who editions of sunday papers he must have been reading.

Yes, it's a total myth. We had good defenders. Another myth is the "if they score two, we'll score three" attitude we supposedly had which 'cost' us. If anything that applied more to Man Utd. who were more free-scoring than we ever were. Doesn't fit the pigeon hole journalists like to put Keegan's sides into though, does it?

NE5

You can try to cover up your own deficiencies with consistent waffle as much as you like and constant abuse of others who deem to differ their opinions from yours. However, plain facts and statistics speak more than a thousand words from you.

Facts are: Under Keegan, we won nothing, no matter how well the team played. YOU CANNOT DENY THAT.

The name of the game in any football competition is to win trophies and success or failure is measured on that. That is why there is such a huge turnover in managers these days. YOU CANNOT DENY THAT. Unless, you are happy to roll up each week just to be entertained with no prospect of winning anything.

Let me ask you this.

If Allardyce's style of play brought a trophy to NUFC, would you complain because the quality of football played has been classed as less important than gaining results?

NE5

Let me remind you:

Yes, but one goal was the one scored by Cantona at SJP, and the other was by Collymore at Liverpool , both of which cost us at least 4 points.....

NE5

You can try to cover up your own deficiencies with consistent waffle as much as you like and constant abuse of others who deem to differ their opinions from yours. However, plain facts and statistics speak more than a thousand words from you.

Facts are: Under Keegan, we won nothing, no matter how well the team played. YOU CANNOT DENY THAT.

The name of the game in any football competition is to win trophies and success or failure is measured on that. That is why there is such a huge turnover in managers these days. YOU CANNOT DENY THAT. Unless, you are happy to roll up each week just to be entertained with no prospect of winning anything.

Let me ask you this.

If Allardyce's style of play brought a trophy to NUFC, would you complain because the quality of football played has been classed as less important than gaining results?

here we go again.

Are you seriously trying to say that Keegan didn't do an absolutely mammoth job at Newcastle, that arguably nobody else could have done, nobody has bettered since, and that makes him a failure  mackems.gif

Who has done better ?

Why did you think that Souness could better him, do you think winning the League Cup would have elevated him into a position whereby he would have been considered to have done better than Keegan ?

Who has spent money better ?

Who has finished 2nd in the league ?

Who has put the club 12 points clear in the premiership [instead of harping on about losing it and having a "bad defence", just like all the cockney bullshitting journos do ) ?

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

I like winning football by the way, end of.

And unlike you macca, I DO roll up every week, which is why I have an altogether better grasp on all of this than you.

Mamoth task?

Well, lets just say, he did a great job in putting the club back on its feet, with a lot of money to assist.

However, his FAILURE, as you well know, was that he didnt finish the job off by winning a trophy. Like he has with every job he has taken on, he has usually started very well but when the going got tough, off he sulked.

Finishing second or runners up gains no prizes. Ask youeself where Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez and a host of other managers would have been if they had 5 years in a job and failed to bring a trophy to the club?

As you know, they would be out on their arse.

The price of success at a club is winning, noit finishing second, which you seem to be only too happy to accept.

By the way, WERE YOU AT BOLTON, MIDDLESBROUGH, MANCHESTER CITY OR DERBY THIS SEASON?

I WAS

So, you can stick your proverbial abusve comments about me not seeing the lads play, in no uncertain terms, up your proverbial hole where the sun doesnt shine.

Mamoth task?

Well, lets just say, he did a great job in putting the club back on its feet, with a lot of money to assist.

However, his FAILURE, as you well know, was that he didnt finish the job off by winning a trophy. Like he has with every job he has taken on, he has usually started very well but when the going got tough, off he sulked.

Finishing second or runners up gains no prizes. Ask youeself where Wenger, Mourinho, Benitez and a host of other managers would have been if they had 5 years in a job and failed to bring a trophy to the club?

As you know, they would be out on their arse.

The price of success at a club is winning, noit finishing second, which you seem to be only too happy to accept.

By the way, WERE YOU AT BOLTON, MIDDLESBROUGH, MANCHESTER CITY OR DERBY THIS SEASON?

I WAS

So, you can stick your proverbial abusve comments about me not seeing the lads play, in no uncertain terms, up your proverbial hole where the sun doesnt shine.

Mourinho, Benitez, Ferguson and Wenger didn't take over clubs with one foot in the 3rd division, cobber.

Your lack of appreciation of the situation we were in when Keegan sticks with you, despite you suddenly re-discovering yourself to be a supporter of the club. No doubt it was the Keegan era which re-discovered your interest in it, that you now condemn.

BTW, I don't live in Newcastle, I have not lived in Newcastle for nearly 30 years, every home game has virtually been an away game for me, but it hasn't stopped me from having a season ticket and travelling during this time to home games and away games.

Keegan was the only manager to have the bottle to take on the Newcastle job when they really needed someone with bottle to save them, but again, you fail to appreciate this, seeing things as the cockney journos do such is the crap editions of the sunday press you get down under.

All the managers since Keegan have had a leg up because of what he did. I take it that if Souness had won the League Cup you would consider him to have been more successful than Keegan then  mackems.gif as you don't reply

Or maybe you think that Lord Westwood and his cronies were a better board than Sir John Hall and his cronies because we won the Fairs Cup in 1969  mackems.gif

Or maybe you think that Micky Horswill was a better footballer than Terry Hibbit because he won an FA Cup winners medal

I will leave it to others to try and explain how stupidly incorrect you are

NE5

Let me remind you:

Yes, but one goal was the one scored by Cantona at SJP, and the other was by Collymore at Liverpool , both of which cost us at least 4 points.....

I would have said that Fenton;s two goal salvo at Blackburn did just as much damage.

Collymore's was a blow no doubt, but only cost us 1 point - no way were going to win the game when he scored.

Cantona's cost us 3 points effectively regardless of whether we would have scored - difference between 1 point each and 3-0 to Man U

The Blackburn game was a perfect chance to kick on again, especially after Batty put us one up.

Cue Shearer and Fenton combining to kill us off!

NE5

Now you are getting desperate.

Claiming one player might be better because he won a medal. Maybe you have forgotten that football is a team game. Youy can name any team that has won something and they have had stars and workers in their side.

Maybe you should remember our super signing Stephane Guivarch. Didnt he win a world cup winners medal a few weeks before he joined us?

Didnt Vinnie Jones win an FA Cup winners medal against Liverpool?

In fact, didnt Nobby Stiles win a world cup winners medal in 1966 and you could hardly call him the most elegant of players.

It is a further sign of yuour own stupidity and lack of understanding of the game that most successful teams operate with a combination of talented and hard working players. You obviously are too stupid to see that.

As for your comments about Souness. If it wasnt for injuries and suspensions, he may have got us through to the EUFA Cup and FA Cup finals. Who knows. If he had and we had won, I bet most of the NUFC supporters would have hailed him ma hero and he would certainly not have been a failure. As it was and we all know, this was the start of his downfall.

As for the Westwood days, dont make me laugh. The game has travelled a million miles from those days and you seemed to be stuck in a time warp because you are always harping on about then. You certainly show yourself as having the knowledge of an ameoba when you stoop to comments as ridiculous as that. Or maybe you are just an old fart, quite content to live in the past and content to accept second best.

NE5

Now you are getting desperate.

Claiming one player might be better because he won a medal. Maybe you have forgotten that football is a team game. Youy can name any team that has won something and they have had stars and workers in their side.

Maybe you should remember our super signing Stephane Guivarch. Didnt he win a world cup winners medal a few weeks before he joined us?

Didnt Vinnie Jones win an FA Cup winners medal against Liverpool?

In fact, didnt Nobby Stiles win a world cup winners medal in 1966 and you could hardly call him the most elegant of players.

It is a further sign of yuour own stupidity and lack of understanding of the game that most successful teams operate with a combination of talented and hard working players. You obviously are too stupid to see that.

As for your comments about Souness. If it wasnt for injuries and suspensions, he may have got us through to the EUFA Cup and FA Cup finals. Who knows. If he had and we had won, I bet most of the NUFC supporters would have hailed him ma hero and he would certainly not have been a failure. As it was and we all know, this was the start of his downfall.

As for the Westwood days, dont make me laugh. The game has travelled a million miles from those days and you seemed to be stuck in a time warp because you are always harping on about then. You certainly show yourself as having the knowledge of an ameoba when you stoop to comments as ridiculous as that. Or maybe you are just an old fart, quite content to live in the past and content to accept second best.

mackems.gif

macca, I see you still don't reply. My comments about Westwood and the players is a question to you, not my own opinion.

If you seriously think that winning the League Cup would have made Souness a bigger hero and a bigger success than Keegan, you are living in cloud cuckoo land. But you always did live in cloud cuckoo land.

Everything this club is now, the european qualifications, the big star players, the resurrection of the fanbase, the 2 Cup Finals, is down to Keegan and the board who backed him, who started it all. They don't need trophies to prove what they did.  If not for them, we would have had a last decade like Sheff Wed or worse. Keep reading the london journos and their out of touch comments. No wonder you are so clueless.

Have you thought of anyone else we have had that have matched him yet ? Or are you going to say he was the only one who had money to spend  mackems.gif Or are you - just like the london journos - going to stupidly carry on comparing Keegan lifting Newcastle from where we were to Benitez etc stepping into established trophy winning clubs  :lol: Fantastically hilarious.

If it wasnt for injuries and suspensions, he may have got us through to the EUFA Cup and FA Cup finals.

If you seriously think that winning the League Cup would have made Souness a bigger hero and a bigger success than Keegan, you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

:lol:

If it wasnt for injuries and suspensions, he may have got us through to the EUFA Cup and FA Cup finals.

If you seriously think that winning the League Cup would have made Souness a bigger hero and a bigger success than Keegan, you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

:lol:

see the phrases "winning nothing" Decky mate.......... having won the League Cup at Blackburn.

Whats your opinion on Keegan BTW, failure or not ?

Keegan a failure? most certainly not, we wouldnt be where we are right now without Keegan, we would be a nothing lower table slash Championship club if even anything that high. Keegan made a side that thought, well you might score 3 goals against us but if we score 4 we win and it was that mentality and the quality of players he brought in to work side by side with that mentality that made us challenge for the title, get to FA Cup finals.

Without Keegan SJP wouldnt be so big, we wouldnt be so rich and we wouldnt have raised a high profile in Europe and the world what with the Champions League and UEFA Cup and its things like that that are priceless, if i had the choice in 1990 between what Keegan did for us or some other manager who would deliver us the FA Cup at some stage, i undoubtable pick Keegan, as his work built foundations that could some day see us winning things regularly.

Guest optimistic nit

NE5

Let me ask you this.

your talking fuckng trash.

The thing people have to realise is that Keegan's side were up against Man Utd's and possibly Englands greatest side in modern years, and who beat us to the cups and titles? Man Utd.

On the other hand though, Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea were nowhere near the class they are now so you could argue that unlike now where there's 4 genuine title contenders, there was only ever going to really be us or Man U that year...Liverpool had spells but were never serious contenders.

Keegan wasn't a failure here. A bottler, but not a failure.

what did he bottle ?

He was always threatening to quit over one thing or another, in the end the going got tough so he jumped ship, he's never had the guts to see out a rough patch in any job he's had.

I was a big fan of Keegan when I was younger but the day he went on telly and gave it the "I'd love it" speech I felt embarrassed for the bloke and knew it was men against boys as far as him and Fergie was concerned.