Reading pre match thread

NSG

Anything less than 3 points shouldn't be considered a "good" result against Reading, even if it is away. They've conceded 15 goals in their last 4 games. We need to be picking up 3 points at these places if we're going to be serious contenders for 5th/6th.

I think our defending in the last two games has been pretty good. Not excellent but decent none the less. Plus we've been up against strikers that have good reputations and coped okay.

As for the away games we did well at Bolton and really should have won at Boro. Yep we were dross at Derbya and a very good Man City and then Arsenal side beat us on the day. Not too many teams will take much from Eastlands or The Emirates this season.

I think our defending in the last two games has been pretty good. Not excellent but decent none the less. Plus we've been up against strikers that have good reputations and coped okay.

As for the away games we did well at Bolton and really should have won at Boro. Yep we were dross at Derbya and a very good Man City and then Arsenal side beat us on the day. Not too many teams will take much from Eastlands or The Emirates this season.

It is not ridiculous to say our away from home is awful 1 win and poor defending has cost us against Boro and City in which we had the lead.

We were beaten bu Arsenal which isnt suprising

The Derby result and performance was shocking

Guest torontoon

Sam has been quoted in Nufc official site saying that Viduka will not be fit for game so the only change I would make would be to put Milner on the right instead of Geremi.

Sam has been quoted in Nufc official site saying that Viduka will not be fit for game so the only change I would make would be to put Milner on the right instead of Geremi.

Who would be the captain in Geremi's absence? Cacapa perhaps?

Guest sicko2ndbest

.....................................................Given................................................................

Beye................................Faye............................Cacapa.............................Jose

...............................Geremi..........Emre.............Butt.........................................

...............Martins...............................................................Owen....................

................................................Smith...................................................................

Harper

Barton

Milner

Ameobi

Roz

I think this will be the formation as Big Sam never goes away from home without a presence up front, and with no Viduka, Smith will get the nod

Guest ExiledGeordie

Yeah we need a really professional performance here. Solid defending and with the players we have up front we have enough to win this. Reading are under pressure for points and are rocking at the back. Got to go for them and put them under real pressure.

I see Viduka looks like he's missing out and Barton could get a start. Plenty of options for Sam with the team but either way 3 points here would be fantastic to back and get ready for the next tough games.

High scoring match I think - two dodgy defences and two forward lines that score easily

Unfair.

I wondered about that. Sure, we're not the finished article yet but I'd hardly say we were 'dodgy'.

We've conceded about 12 in 9 or something. A little concerning but we're more of a 'work in progress' than 'dodgy' imo. What is it with Rob's Reading obsession btw?

Guest ExiledGeordie

The defending against City was dodgy defending. Taylor should've destroyed Petrov on the wing and now him and Roz are paying for a poor game by not making the starting lineup. Faye looks a fearsome destroyer at the back, proper non nonsense and Cacapa reads the game so well. Will be hard to get back into the back for Taylor and Roz but thats what you want.

The defence will only improve too.

agree but big sam likes a strong and aggressive performance away from home and emre does the opposite  >:(

Big strong and aggressive performances havn't brought much reward away from home so far.

It'll be interesting to see if Allardyce keeps a fit Owen out of the starting lineup this season, should others do better.

I'd be amazed if anybody at the club could do better than a fit Owen.