Reading pre match thread

NSG

We're not worried about Reading mate.

You shouldn't be........

If you lose it would be a tactical travesty of the highest order.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11673_2820310,00.html

Reading have the second worst defensive record in the league. An open game would suit us great, as i think Martins and owen etc are likely to score alot more than their strikers will versus our new but so far impressive back 4

Is Lita fit?

Didn't Derby have the worst defence?

I agree with Reading Fan, if nufc lose this, once again it will show theres something wrong. Its a must win game, and a definite winable one at that.

Yes thats why i said second  :razz:

Big game for us imo, we could go well go 4th or 5th IF results go our way, as all the teams just above us have tough games: Liverpool v Arsenal (draw? or Arsenal win), Chelski could well draw V citeh (hopefully), Spurs could win/draw v Blackburn at WHL to hopefully prolong Jol's reign and Blackburn V West Ham could go either way too.

We then beat Pompey at fortress SJP  and we are in a very strong position.

Guest Reading Fan

Its beginning to look like the Reading team for saturday might be this:

Hahnemann

Murty          Sonko          Ingimarsson        Shorey

Doyle          Harper        Gunnarsson            Hunt

Kitson              Lita

The only other possible change could be Fae starting ahead of Gunnarsson.

It looks like Coppell is gonna go with Doyle down the right hand side. We are totally depleted down the right wing. Seol went to Fulham and then Little and Oster are both injured. Rosenior hasn't been brilliant as a right winger. His natural position is right back.

Doyle used to play right wing for Cork City. He also played right wing for about 10 minutes in Irelands last international fixture where he delivered a brilliant cross which Robbie Keane really should have scored from.

This team has a slightly stronger look. But the biggest weakness is Gunnarsson coming in for Sidwell. Gunnarsson is effective for 30 minutes. But the lad can't play well for 90 minutes. He doesn't have the stamina for it.

My prediction for Saturday

Reading 1 Newcastle 3

Its beginning to look like the Reading team for saturday might be this:

Hahnemann

Murty          Sonko          Ingimarsson        Shorey

Doyle          Harper         Gunnarsson            Hunt

Kitson              Lita

The only other possible change could be Fae starting ahead of Gunnarsson.

It looks like Coppell is gonna go with Doyle down the right hand side. We are totally depleted down the right wing. Seol went to Fulham and then Little and Oster are both injured. Rosenior hasn't been brilliant as a right winger. His natural position is right back.

Doyle used to play right wing for Cork City. He also played right wing for about 10 minutes in Irelands last international fixture where he delivered a brilliant cross which Robbie Keane really should have scored from.

This team has a slightly stronger look. But the biggest weakness is Gunnarsson coming in for Sidwell. Gunnarsson is effective for 30 minutes. But the lad can't play well for 90 minutes. He doesn't have the stamina for it.

My prediction for Saturday

Reading 1 Newcastle 3

Must admit i haven't seen alot of Reading so far this season. I like shorey seems a good player and i watch the U21's alot and was very impressed with Lita, looks very pacey, creative and dangerous and seems to always give 100% (despite missing the odd sitter that he usully creates for himself). I  take it that his U21 form hasn't been the same as his Reading form?

Sidwell's departure seems to have hit you guys hard?

Sam demands a shut out - .co.uk

SAM Allardyce admits that his players have been left in no doubt as to his feelings regarding the Magpies away day slump this season.

The Toon gaffer was furious with his side's performance following successive defeats on the road at first Derby County and then Man City last month.

But, with United now buoyed by two victories on the bounce at St.James' Park, Big Sam says that the Geordies' away form must improve - starting with Reading at the Madejski Stadium on Saturday.

"We have to turn things around away from home and that has to start against Reading," said the Newcastle boss.

"I did not think we would slip into this after what we saw at Bolton and Middlesbrough.

"We have deteriorated rapidly, the players know how unhappy I am and I hope they have taken heed of the warning."

And, if the black and whites are to take anything from their trip to Berkshire, Allardyce feels that shutting out the opposition attack has to be item number one on the agenda.

"I want to come away without conceding," he added.

"To be honest, I'd be satisfied with a 0-0 because we can show the players how they got the clean sheet.

"Unless we make ourselves difficult to score against then we are going to slip up.

"We have to get between 10 and 15 clean sheets this season. We have got two in nine so far and that's not good enough.

"That's what I'm hammering home to the lads, when we are not in possession we all have to make it difficult for the opposition and not keep gifting them goals like we have done.

"Away from home the lads in front of the defence have to take more responsibility and that starts Saturday."

Guest Reading Fan

This is music to a Readingfans ears.

When Big Sam brought Bolton to the Madejski last season they had Anelka and Diouf up front and they didn't threaten our goal once. They just wanted to be solid and defensive. We beat them 1-0 that day.

If your gonna play the same way on Saturday then I am now starting to fancy our chances against you!

This is music to a Readingfans ears.

When Big Sam brought Bolton to the Madejski last season they had Anelka and Diouf up front and they didn't threaten our goal once. They just wanted to be solid and defensive. We beat them 1-0 that day.

If your gonna play the same way on Saturday then I am now starting to fancy our chances against you!

This is his mantra. Means nothing in the context of the game, he's been saying it for weeks now.

His comments need to be seen with the ones after the man city game were he said when we have the lead we need to stop being so open plus if we start solidly we certainly have the certain players to score on the counter attack.

I think the team he will play

Given

Beye Cacapa Faye Enrique

Milner Butt Geremi Emre

Zoggy    Martins

Smith

still think we will draw 0-0

:lol:

His comments need to be seen with the ones after the man city game were he said when we have the lead we need to stop being so open plus if we start solidly we certainly have the certain players to score on the counter attack.

Given

Beye Cacapa Faye Enrique

Milner Butt Geremi Emre

Zoggy     Martins

Smith

Given

Beye Cacapa Faye Enrique

Milner Butt Geremi Emre

Zoggy     Martins

Smith

Whats funny??

Given

Beye Cacapa Faye Enrique

Milner Butt Geremi Emre

Zoggy    Martins

Smith

Whats funny??

Count...

Given

Beye Cacapa Faye Enrique

Milner Butt Geremi Emre

Zoggy     Martins

Smith

We do have a good chance then  :lol:

Whats funny??

Count...

We do have a good chance then  :lol:

Think this should be our side:

Harper   Given

Beye Taylor Cacapa   Faye Rozenhal Enrique

Milner   Geremi Butt   Barton   Emre N'Zogbia

Smith

Viduka Owen   Martins

Cant see us winning as this side is too  uncreative as fucking usual, 0-0, 1-1 or 1-0 Reading

Think this should be our side:

Harper     Given

Beye    Taylor    Cacapa     Faye    Rozenhal    Enrique

Milner   Geremi    Butt   Barton   Emre    N'Zogbia

Smith

Viduka    Owen   Martins

Cant see us winning as this side is too  uncreative as f****** usual, 0-0, 1-1 or 1-0 Reading

Don't be so fucking ridiculous....Viduka is injured and you know it!

I'm fairly confident we'll win this game and i dont say that very often at all in regards away games. The squad seems confident, our defending is good and we have the firepowere to really cause problems for what is an awful Reading defence.

I'm fairly confident we'll win this game and i dont say that very often at all in regards away games. The squad seems confident, our defending is good and we have the firepowere to really cause problems for what is an awful Reading defence.

Our defending isnt that God and has been awful away from home