Roeder: Luque will Shine

Guest smoggeordie

Roeder bigging him up now becuase he knows its Shola - Luque this season for us upfront, the striker search has died on its arse. blueeek.gif

Completely agree. Dunno how anyone can argue with this insight.

I'm sure the gadgies from .cock are members on here because they've just put up the second Lookay article of the day :lol:

Nobby and Seamus want him to do well is the new headline news.

It's all been in the Chronicle today already... usually .co.uk are first with the news. Oliver back in the club's good books?

Roeder bigging him up now becuase he knows its Shola - Luque this season for us upfront, the striker search has died on its arse.  blueeek.gif

He's on the phone to Cardiff negotiating a £2m deal for Chopra as we speak.

Guest smoggeordie

People not shortening links down - even more irritating than Luque threads

Newcastle United keeper Shay Given is hoping that Albert Luque can transfer his pre-season goalscoring form into the Premiership after the Spaniard netted once more against PSV Eindhoven.

It was Luque's second goal since returning to Tyneside from a summer in his native Spain, and at long last United fans are finally starting to see some glimpses of what the former La Liga hitman can do.

Luque's career on Tyneside so far has been chequered to say the least, and the Spanish international still has it all to prove to the Geordie crowd after joining from Deportivo la Coruna for £9.5m last term.

Given, though, has been impressed by what he has witnessed so far this summer.

He said: "Albert came on and did very well for us.

"He showed some very nice touches and hopefully it will give him a bit of a boost as well.

"He got another goal too and although it was from the penalty spot he still did well after that.

"He looks like his confidence is on the up and I hope he can be a big player for this club."

Luque's future on Tyneside may depend on the arrival of new strikers at the club, but Given would like to see Luque do well.

He added: "We hope that he can be the player we thought he was when he arrived here.

"It is about him steering clear of injuries and getting a clear run of games.

"That will help his sharpness - there is quality in there, it is just a case of getting it out of him."

Meanwhile, Luque's close pal, Nobby Solano - who has helped him learn English during his stay on Tyneside - is also keeping his fingers crossed for the Barcelona-born forward.

He said: "His opportunity is waiting for him now.

"He was very unfortunate last season as his injuries came at a bad time. He had bad injuries, but now he starts again from zero like everybody else.

"It is the whole squad that starts on zero now and everybody has to push forward from the beginning.

"We are missing players like Kieron Dyer and Michael Owen, but while they are away we have to be positive.

"Now we need to help him get more goals by creating some chances for him.

"Everybody has to play well, but it is up to Albert to show he is a good professional.

"I know personally that he wants to do very well for this club."

Oh great another fucking Luque thread.

Where's that Shepherd thread, I need to cheer myself up?

Yawnariffic tbh. If the thread doesn't interest you, don't post in it.

Take no notice, it's not as if we've got a huge squad to write about.

"It is about him steering clear of injuries and getting a clear run of games." - Shay

Tbh

But why should he get a clear run of games when he has been horrible in training and has no heart to play for us???

Anyway good to hear that Roeder, Seamus and Nobby all making the right noise.

Guest Gemmill

"It is about him steering clear of injuries and getting a clear run of games." - Shay

Tbh

But why should he get a clear run of games when he has been horrible in training and has no heart to play for us???

Now you see the thread was going along quite nicely until you decided to act the penis.  :cool:

I think Skirge has probably hit the nail on the head and even if we do sign another striker I would guess we're struggling to peddle Luque.

Guest Ridzuan

Yes,Roeder is definitely right that Luque will shine.He will be a star player for us next season and I hope he doesnt leave us this season.

Meanwhile, Luque's close pal, Nobby Solano - who has helped him learn English during his stay on Tyneside

Now Albert can you say "F*** off Oliver, I'm not giving you an interview"

Yes,Roeder is definitely right that Luque will shine.He will be a star player for us next season and I hope he doesnt leave us this season.

I'm not sure we can wait another 12 months ;)

We need him to be a star this season mate, but I think a star is a bit off the mark, I will settle for consistent effort.

Guest Bellers

Meanwhile, Luque's close pal, Nobby Solano - who has helped him learn English during his stay on Tyneside

Then Oliver will make one up:

Albert Luque has told Newcastle fans he no longer wants to play for the club (Writes Alan Oliver). Days after eating my hamster the gutless spanish **** has told Newcastle fans: "they can kiss my ass goodbye" ...

You get the picture.

Guest loonietoonie

Luque will shine this season i have faith in the lad just took him long too settle in didnt help with the injury i think he will be back in the spain squad soon asswell

Tbh

Now you see the thread was going along quite nicely until you decided to act the penis.  :cool:

was gonna come sooner or later, I'd might as well do it myself on their behalf, at least people will know that I'm joking.

Anyway like I said, its good that he seems to be getting some support from Roeder and team mates. Some fans are warming up to him as well, though I suspect some never will. Not sure what will happen to him if/when we buy a new striker. I dont want to start the season with just Luque and Ameobi as our only striker, but I also know that if a new striker comes in, Luque will surely be dropped as Roeder is a fan of Ameobi.

Btw dont use "penis" in a derogatory way, in my vocab "act the penis" means top post  blueyes.gif

Guest Ridzuan

When I said next season,I was trying to say next season as in the Premiership.Not another 12 months of course,I dont want to see him becoming a star for us for another 12 months.

When I said next season,I was trying to say next season as in the Premiership.Not another 12 months of course,I dont want to see him becoming a star for us for another 12 months.

I think talking about this season and next season in the same sentence may have caused the confusion mate ;)

Albert Luque has told Newcastle fans he no longer wants to play for the club (Writes Alan Oliver). Days after eating my hamster the gutless spanish **** has told Newcastle fans: "they can kiss my ass goodbye" ...

You get the picture.

Albert Luque has enraged Newcastle fans after his actions over the past week (writes ALAN OLIVER). On Monday the so called "Spanish International" killed my pet dog, bit off its tail and threw it at an old lady who was attempting to cross the street. He did not help her across.

He then proceded to the waiting press and called Alan Shearer smelly and Craig Bellamy a bad footballer before setting alight to St James Park and jumping on the next bus to Alberkerkie.

Guest smoggeordie

You get the picture.

Albert Luque has enraged Newcastle fans after his actions over the past week (writes ALAN OLIVER). On Monday the so called "Spanish International" killed my pet dog, bit off its tail and threw it at an old lady who was attempting to cross the street. He did not help her across.

He then proceded to the waiting press and called Alan Shearer smelly and Craig Bellamy a bad footballer before setting alight to St James Park and jumping on the next bus to Alberkerkie.

Is he an Isotopes fan?