Roeder: Luque will Shine

Guest smoggeordie

That's a weird chair. Is it from IKEA?

Why?  Are you on the lookout for one?

We all get lonely sometimes.  bluecry.gif

It could come in handy the next time you decide to record something; you might discover you can reach notes previously unavailable.

We all get lonely sometimes.  bluecry.gif

It could come in handy the next time you decide to record something; you might discover you can reach notes previously unavailable.

:lol:

I'd grassroots is on the lookout for one, certainly has something on his 'mind'.

bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Knightrider

I'd grassroots is on the lookout for one, certainly has something on his 'mind'.

Don't worry, you can still be my bitch, after all, you like following me around.

Fetch me a can from the fridge pet, there's a good lass.

Don't worry, you can still be my bitch, after all, you like following me around.

Fetch me a can from the fridge pet, there's a good lass.

No need to follow you around, mate.  :cool:

Is he your father though?

He's old enough to be ;)

Im your father.

Thou shalt respect thy father ! Respect me, my son, or feel the wrath of my cane on your pink behind !

Christ. Misread that for a moment, thought it said: Respect me, my son, or feel the wrath of my pink cane on your behind !

Is he your father though?

He's old enough to be ;)

Im your father.

Thou shalt respect thy father ! Respect me, my son, or feel the wrath of my cane on your pink behind !

Christ. Misread that for a moment, thought it said: Respect me, my son, or feel the wrath of my pink cane on your behind !

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

www.nufc.co.uk

Boss Tips Albert To Shine

By Gary Oliver

GLENN Roeder believes Albert Luque will be eager to impress when fellow Spaniards Villarreal come to St. James' Park for a pre-season friendly.

The former Deportivo La Coruna man has scored at the Gallowgate End in each of his last three outings on Tyneside - in Alan Shearer's Testimonial against Celtic, the Intertoto Cup tie with Lillestrom and the friendly with PSV Eindhoven last weekend.

And Roeder is sure Luque would love to maintain that scoring streak against his old La Liga rivals.

He told nufc.co.uk: "When Albert came on as a sub against PSV he did well.

"I got a lot of encouragement from Albert's performance in the second half and he'll have a good weeks training between then and Villarreal.

"I've given some of the lads a few days off this week, but I'm looking to get a good week out of Albert and I'm looking forward to seeing how he performs against Villarreal.

"Being a Spanish club, I'm sure he'll want to do very well against them."

Luque netted from the penalty spot against PSV in the 3-2 defeat and set up a chance for James Milner at the death, only for the youngster to fail to convert for an equaliser.

Roeder added: "Albert has the ability to unlock a defence, and it was a wonderful turn to put in James Milner for an equaliser, but he rushed the shot.

"He was also fighting others to get the ball when the penalty was awarded as he very much wanted to take it.

"I thought I got an excellent response from Albert on Saturday and I told him that's what I'm looking for.

"There were positive signs. We're playing a Spanish club this Saturday and I'm sure he'll want to have a good week training and be in the starting line up."

I do hope nobody actually believes that Roeder really thinks that.

www.nufc.co.uk

By Gary Oliver

GLENN Roeder believes Albert Luque will be eager to impress when fellow Spaniards Villarreal come to St. James' Park for a pre-season friendly.

The former Deportivo La Coruna man has scored at the Gallowgate End in each of his last three outings on Tyneside - in Alan Shearer's Testimonial against Celtic, the Intertoto Cup tie with Lillestrom and the friendly with PSV Eindhoven last weekend.

And Roeder is sure Luque would love to maintain that scoring streak against his old La Liga rivals.

"I got a lot of encouragement from Albert's performance in the second half and he'll have a good weeks training between then and Villarreal.

"I've given some of the lads a few days off this week, but I'm looking to get a good week out of Albert and I'm looking forward to seeing how he performs against Villarreal.

Luque netted from the penalty spot against PSV in the 3-2 defeat and set up a chance for James Milner at the death, only for the youngster to fail to convert for an equaliser.

Roeder added: "Albert has the ability to unlock a defence, and it was a wonderful turn to put in James Milner for an equaliser, but he rushed the shot.

"He was also fighting others to get the ball when the penalty was awarded as he very much wanted to take it.

"I thought I got an excellent response from Albert on Saturday and I told him that's what I'm looking for.

"There were positive signs. We're playing a Spanish club this Saturday and I'm sure he'll want to have a good week training and be in the starting line up."

So Roeder's a liar? That would go down well with your theory that Luque is heartless wouldn't it? Are you saying that you have not been encouraged by his recent performances?

Luque is getting better and better every game he has played this season. I hope it continues. 

www.nufc.co.uk

By Gary Oliver

So Roeder's a liar? That would go down well with your theory that Luque is heartless wouldn't it? Are you saying that you have not been encouraged by his recent performances?

Luque is getting better and better every game he has played this season. I hope it continues.   

I've only seen bits of ONE of his performances. I'm not saying Roeder is a liar. I'm saying that you have to take what managers say with a big pinch of salt, they may have other motives for saying things. You completely believe that Roeder thinks Butt has a future at NUFC, do you?

As for his performances, from what i have gathered, as i haven't bothered this pre-season, he's been alright. Unless he can start the season on fire, i'm not interested. His performances last season were pathetic, and he has a lot to make up. If he wants more time to bed in, tough. Either he's good enough now, or he's not. We'll see in the actual season, won't we.

www.nufc.co.uk

By Gary Oliver

I've only seen bits of ONE of his performances. I'm not saying Roeder is a liar. I'm saying that you have to take what managers say with a big pinch of salt, they may have other motives for saying things. You completely believe that Roeder thinks Butt has a future at NUFC, do you?

As for his performances, from what i have gathered, as i haven't bothered this pre-season, he's been alright. Unless he can start the season on fire, i'm not interested. His performances last season were pathetic, and he has a lot to make up. If he wants more time to bed in, tough. Either he's good enough now, or he's not. We'll see in the actual season, won't we.

I agree that we should really judge the chances of Luque succeeding at SJP on his performances in the premiership. However, i disagree that his last seasons performances were pathetic. I saw alot of lad play and i'm convinced that his failure to live up to his 9.5m expectation was due to alot of things.

One of those was injuries but he did also have alot of time to get fit after that. Another one was bad management under Greame Souness, that is a certainty. I also believe that once the crowd got on his back for not scoring he lost alot of confidence and because of this failed to perform for the rest of the season.

I think so far this year we have seen a different Luque. He looks sharper and shown quite a few glimpses of his "old self". However, my biggest worry is that Roeder will sign somone and then forget completely about the talented spaniard. What i'd like him to do is keep the rollercoaster going by easing him into games and playing him with other experianced stars such as Emre,Duff and Nobby. These are the players that can bring him into the game and get the best out of him. If they do that then eventually Luque will be the one bringing others into the game.   

www.nufc.co.uk

By Gary Oliver

I agree that we should really judge the chances of Luque succeeding at SJP on his performances in the premiership. However, i disagree that his last seasons performances were pathetic. I saw alot of lad play and i'm convinced that his failure to live up to his 9.5m expectation was due to alot of things.

One of those was injuries but he did also have alot of time to get fit after that. Another one was bad management under Greame Souness, that is a certainty. I also believe that once the crowd got on his back for not scoring he lost alot of confidence and because of this failed to perform for the rest of the season.

I think so far this year we have seen a different Luque. He looks sharper and shown quite a few glimpses of his "old self". However, my biggest worry is that Roeder will sign somone and then forget completely about the talented spaniard. What i'd like him to do is keep the rollercoaster going by easing him into games and playing him with other experianced stars such as Emre,Duff and Nobby. These are the players that can bring him into the game and get the best out of him. If they do that then eventually Luque will be the one bringing others into the game.   

We'll see, i guess. Nothing i saw last season made me think anything other than he will flop, but as an NUFC fan, i want what is best for the club - at the moment that is, as far as i am concerned, Luque immediately proving he is good enough, or being sold.

One thing i can't get past is the defence of him last season. Yes he was injured, but when he came back, he failed to show any individual sparks of great talent. No, the style may not have suited him, and maybe that was his bedding in time, but the ball and pitches are the same size as in Spain, with the same rules (bar the contintental non-contact rules), so i woudl have expected his "talent" to come through considerably more than it did on an individual basis. it wouldn't have been hard to look good last season, just look at Ameobi - there were a few games where he actually didn't look Special.

And blaming the fans is a no-no as well. No-one should be booed, but just running out in the strip does NOT automatically demand worship. You prove you are good enough, then you should get the full backing of the crowd. And for me, he faield to do that.

www.nufc.co.uk

By Gary Oliver

Which one of those comments is so unbelievable?  The one were Roeder says Luque did well against PSV?, which he did.  The one were he says he was encouraged by the performance?.. which is only normal when a player plays well.  What is so hard to believe here?  Its not as if Roeder just announced to the world that Luque is the best player on the planet and indispensible to Newcastle United or something..

As for his performances, from what i have gathered, as i haven't bothered this pre-season, he's been alright.

He was our most dangerous player against Lillistrom and scored a excellent goal all of his own making.  When he came on against PSV he scored the penalty, had a shot cleared off the line (again he made it himself with a great turn) and put Milner through on goal in the last minute with another excellent peice of skill.  Overall he's played very well in pre season.

Guest Perfect 10s

He was our most dangerous player against Lillistrom

He wasnt to be fair. He was gash and danced around a Mickey Mouse defender and slotted it past a Minnie Mouse keeper. I doubt Luque would be able to skip around Andy OBrien like that.

He wasnt to be fair. He was gash and danced around a Mickey Mouse defender and slotted it past a Minnie Mouse keeper. I doubt Luque would be able to skip around Andy OBrien like that.

Yes the same mickey mouse defender and minnie mouse keeper who our other players could not get the better off.

Oh sorry, I forgot how shit Lillistrome's defence was, that's why the likes of Emre, Milner, Shola, N'Zogbia and Solano all scored as well right?...

Guest Perfect 10s

Oh sorry, I forgot how shit Lillistrome\'s defence was, that\'s why the likes of Emre, Milner, Shola, N\'Zogbia, Solano ect all scored as well right?...  No matter what you think of Lillistrome Luque looked more dangerous against them then anyone else in our team.

They all looked shit in all fairness.