Roeder: Luque will Shine

Guest smoggeordie

Oh sorry, I forgot how shit Lillistrome\'s defence was, that\'s why the likes of Emre, Milner, Shola, N\'Zogbia, Solano ect all scored as well right?...  No matter what you think of Lillistrome Luque looked more dangerous against them then anyone else in our team.

They all looked shit in all fairness.

Lets try to keep the thread serious please :lol:

He was our most dangerous player against Lillistrom

He wasnt to be fair. He was gash and danced around a Mickey Mouse defender and slotted it past a Minnie Mouse keeper. I doubt Luque would be able to skip around Andy OBrien like that.

Oh sorry, I forgot how shit Lillistrome's defence was, that's why the likes of Emre, Milner, Shola, N'Zogbia and Solano all scored as well right?...

Woosh of the century!  bluelaugh.gif

He was our most dangerous player against Lillistrom

He wasnt to be fair. He was gash and danced around a Mickey Mouse defender and slotted it past a Minnie Mouse keeper. I doubt Luque would be able to skip around Andy OBrien like that.

Oh sorry, I forgot how shit Lillistrome's defence was, that's why the likes of Emre, Milner, Shola, N'Zogbia and Solano all scored as well right?...

Woosh of the century!   bluelaugh.gif

I really hope it was, I don't want to see another looney Luque hater on the forum ;)

HE'S WINDING YOU ALL UP.

He must be, because Luque is the GREATEST striker in the world, and anyone who saw him last season and though the was very poor is WRONG, He must be GREAT, he has a showreel, and everything. Come on Albert, show us how FANTASTIC you are.

bluelaugh.gif

HE'S WINDING YOU ALL UP.

He must be, because Luque is the GREATEST striker in the world, and anyone who saw him last season and though the was very poor is WRONG, He must be GREAT, he has a showreel, and everything. Come on Albert, show us how FANTASTIC you are.

bluelaugh.gif

You know I must have seen so many posters make those claims on the board my brain just blocked them all out.

HE'S WINDING YOU ALL UP.

bluelaugh.gif

I thought u didnt want to post here anymore?

Should I continue posting so that you'd actually bang ur head with the keyboard as you told NE5  :lol:

HE'S WINDING YOU ALL UP.

bluelaugh.gif

Top post.  :thup:

HE'S WINDING YOU ALL UP.

bluelaugh.gif

Why? because he is taking the piss out of Luque and everyone who wants him to succeed. Or because he's making a stand for all those people who don't rate Luque and don't want to be proved wrong.

HE'S WINDING YOU ALL UP.

bluelaugh.gif

Why? because he is taking the piss out of Luque and everyone who wants him to succeed. Or because he's making a stand for all those people who don't rate Luque and don't want to be proved wrong.

Who might they be? Are you claiming there any genuine Newcastle supporters who think Luque is shit who for some reason want him to be shit?

The club comes first, which is why I'm so pissed off at this lazy bastards 'efforts' of last season.

Guest Aussie_Toon

Luque hasn't got a chance in grinning hell to prove anyone wrong.

Course he has, I for one still think he can be a star for the Toon and he has one year to prove me wrong!

so you want him to prove you wrong by not shining????

i dont think he'll get much chance to prove himself cos Roeder dosnt look likely to start him unless injuries pop up to other strikers.

With Owen returning later in the year, Amebi playing well and the arrival of 1 maybe 2 new strikers the future of Albert at the Toon dosnt look bright unless Roeder gives him a chance but cant see it happening.

I for one hope he does get a go but i dont have much say its up to the boss and as long as Newcastle are winning games i wont mind as much who is playing on the pitch but if were losing ill be one calling for Alberts inclusion.

Luque hasn't got a chance in grinning hell to prove anyone wrong.

Course he has, I for one still think he can be a star for the Toon and he has one year to prove me wrong!

so you want him to prove you wrong by not shining????

i dont think he'll get much chance to prove himself cos Roeder dosnt look likely to start him unless injuries pop up to other strikers.

With Owen returning later in the year, Amebi playing well and the arrival of 1 maybe 2 new strikers the future of Albert at the Toon dosnt look bright unless Roeder gives him a chance but cant see it happening.

I for one hope he does get a go but i dont have much say its up to the boss and as long as Newcastle are winning games i wont mind as much who is playing on the pitch but if were losing ill be one calling for Alberts inclusion.

Well Roeder has no excuse not to give him a chance now.  He's playing well in games and as was seen in the open training session he's doing very well in training, and putting in good effort.

What are the excuses for him today?

I know there was a lack of creativity from the centre of the midfield, this is normal when the pairing is Parker and Emre, but for me Luque looked lost up front and yet people claim he's a striker. He sort of looked like a footballer when he drifted out wide once or twice, but that was it.  What will it take to get some performances out of this bloke.

I know there was a lack of creativity from the centre of the midfield, this is normal when the pairing is Parker and Emre, but for me Luque looked lost up front and yet people claim he's a striker. He sort of looked like a footballer when he drifted out wide once or twice, but that was it.  What will it take to get some performances out of this bloke.

He has always been a wide player. Never been a proper striker. He never said he was and had you bothered to research about the guy you'd realise that too.

He has always been a wide player. Never been a proper striker. He never said he was and had you bothered to research about the guy you'd realise that too.

Errr, I think he's a wide player. I think Souness signed him to replace Laurent Robert, he even said so. It's OTHERS on this forum who claim Luque is a striker, not me. I don't need to research that, mate.

Errr, I think he's a wide player. I think Souness signed him to replace Laurent Robert, he even said so. It's OTHERS on this forum who claim Luque is a striker, not me. I don't need to research that, mate.

So why the "What are the excuses for him today?" bit?

If you know about Luque like you say above then isn't that quite obvious?

So why the "What are the excuses for him today?" bit?

If you know about Luque like you say above then isn't that quite obvious?

Not really, because the majority of people on this forum claim he's a striker. Which means that for many people on this forum that isn't an excuse for him at all.

Guest Knightrider

I'm still unsure as to what his best position is. I'd say he's more of a floating left sided attacking forward not strictly a winger or a striker, he's a bit in between if you like.

One thing I do know and this goes for Ameobi and others too, playing long balls or looking for the near or far post all the time (the Shearer ball) won't help Luque's or the team's cause. Play it on the deck and involve him just outside the box and mix it up however and I think he could make an effective 2nd striker/forward alongside a more orthodox centre-forward stroke target man, one with some mobility.

Over the course of the pre-season Luque's link up play outside the box has been very good in my opinion, most notably against PSV last week where I thought he was excellent. He's got skill and technical ability on the ball which we know about and have seen and he does make good runs either on the diagonal or spinning off his man as he showed tonight when Duff played him through or when Nobby and Emre just failed to find him with searching balls.

In those two instances he got clear and on another day could have had himself a brace so those are good signs. His outside the box play today was decent enough, good moments of left wing play with him and Duff and a super ball into the box from the flank, him and Milner also linked up well once or twice down the right flank near the edge of their box, a couple of neat exchanges of play that were later squandered.

I know we need two strikers but I'd rather we just bought one centre-forward, pair him with Luque and instead of adding a second striker, spend it on full-back or in the centre of midfield on a creative player because for me, we carry a goal threat even with Luque and Ameobi up front as we've shown in the last two matches against pretty decent opposition. We are being exposed at full-back however and in the middle we lack the brains to keep the ball flowing which players like Duff, Luque and N'Zogbia rely on, they are not fits and starts type of players, they need to always be involved because they have the tools to hurt teams and for me attack is the best form of defence and always will be, especially at Newcastle.

With Emre and Parker alongside one another the ball moves too slow or not in a forward direction often enough, they rarely give the ball away but their passes to Carr, Babayaro or those fizzed foward are often wasted so we badly need a playmaker in there.

A combination of Luque, Shola, new striker, Duff, N'Zogbia, Nobby, Milner et al aided by a playmaker and attack abled full-backs would give us enough attacking threat until Owen returns who should just add to that even more and we could always look at a freebie or a loan deal for a stop-gap, we don't need two big name big money top-class strikers. We bought Luque to create and score goals, time to use him for them purposes or at least give it a go to see if he can or not.

Pre-season signs alone, the signs are good where Luque is concerned.

Just my thoughts anyway...

I think as the previous post says Luque has the talent to be the '2nd' striker, playing off the main main, picking it up outside the box or from the intelligent central passes from midfield but from what we saw today i think he has no chance of making it here with those searching long balls being played all the time. It may be different when we have a big guy who can knock it down to him (Ameobi done it once and he had a tame shot to be fair)  but given how long it may take for us to get this striker, his days may be numbered.

I think the positive about him today, was that last season, the arguement against him was that he didn't even show any signs of making it here. Today although he was average to poor, he did show some glimpses (one wicked cross from the left which Shola just missed getting contact on, the little flick that went wide, decent touches here and there). Last season, we didn't even see this. He did show good movement though not a lot of the ball. Often made runs from left to right, along the shoulders of the defence without getting much of the ball.