"They played crap at Manchester City" -- Sam

gazza ladra

Taylor is still young and he's got a lot to learn but I still think he'll come through and be a very good centre half for us. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was our captain eventually.

It's typical of some "supporters" to be writing him off at this stage in his career. Perhaps this is just the kick up the arse he needed, and now he can stop believing his own hype and start working hard to improve his game and fulfill his potential.

Taylor is still young and he's got a lot to learn but I still think he'll come through and be a very good centre half for us. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was our captain eventually.

It's typical of some "supporters" to be writing him off at this stage in his career. Perhaps this is just the kick up the arse he needed, and now he can stop believing his own hype and start working hard to improve his game and fulfill his potential.

Still think he should be in the starting line-up regardless now Jimmy?  :lol:

taylor wasn't such a bad shout for captain considering the squad we had before sam brought any players in. i would've wanted Solano ahead of him as he showed good leadership and organisation skill at RB last season, whle he's also intelligent and after a childhood growing up in a shanty town doesn't suffer fools gladly. can't think of any other obvious candidates other than butt or owen who i don't see as captain types.

:lol: to the ones here who were calling for the kid to be the captain of Newcastle United....FFS...

I still do..tbh he IS a good commanding defender, just needs someone to give him proper guidence and lets hope this someone is Allardyce.

You want him to be captain ahead of the likes of Geremi, Cacapa, Beye, Barton and Butt?

I've said before - he lacks pace, and for someone of his age, he should have enough to make up for lack of experience ; I don't even think he can match Capaca for pace, and he is 31 - also, Capaca reads the game far better, so he looks 3 times the player.

Taylor also fouls people after getting himself into difficult situations by poor anticipation - this can be costly, both in terms of conceding goals, and getting himself sent off - we don't need those risks with the squad we currently have.

Guest sittingontheball

Good stuff from BSA. Personally I don't think Citeh are all that good. Not that we are yet either.

As for Cacapa, its not just positioning and reading the game. He takes the ball off people sometimes with the consumate ease.  I don't know if you can teach the block tackle, but he's a master of it.

Still think he should be in the starting line-up regardless now Jimmy?  :lol:

I don't know what you're referring to but I've never said that.

I've consistently said that Taylor's one of the most promising 'young' centre halves in the country and I hope he can fulfill his potential at NUFC. To include him in the team regardless of form would be stupid now wouldn't it???

:lol: to the ones here who were calling for the kid to be the captain of Newcastle United....FFS...

I still do..tbh he IS a good commanding defender, just needs someone to give him proper guidence and lets hope this someone is Allardyce.

You want him to be captain ahead of the likes of Geremi, Cacapa, Beye, Barton and Butt?

Yes..and i can't believe Beye is in that list..

No one in that list of 5 should be captain IMO