Crouch

La Parka

Guest prestonj1989

Crouch played pretty well today. Looks useful but i dont think we really need him unless we sell one of our current strikers.

Guest prestonj1989

I dont think it would be worth selling Ameobi and buying Crouch because of the price difference the transfer fees would be. We would probably have to pay out a difference of 4million maybe more for Crouch and selling Shola

I dont think it would be worth selling Ameobi and buying Crouch because of the price difference the transfer fees would be. We would probably have to pay out a difference of 4million maybe more for Crouch and selling Shola

Sell Ameobi for £2mish and replace him with Crouch for £10m, would be great business for us.

Double that would be my guess

if you want to get in a better player for a worse player you'll normally have to pay the difference.

Sell Ameobi for £2mish and replace him with Crouch for £10m, would be great business for us.

Double that would be my guess

aye £4mill for shola

if you want to get in a better player for a worse player you'll normally have to pay the difference.

You COULD see why that would confuse him, being a toon fan 'n' all that. ;)

Guest prestonj1989

I dont think there is a big enough difference in quality between Crouch and Ameobi to pay out 4 mill+ for.

I didn't say that!  :kasper:  :razz:

Anyway i'm taking it you did so: The difference between them two is massive, double that at least, Crouch is a useful footballer, Ameobi has yet to prove that, and has used up 80% of his time to do so.

I dont think there is a big enough difference in quality between Crouch and Ameobi to pay out 4 mill+ for.

I didn't say that!  :kasper:  :razz:

Anyway i'm taking it you did so: The difference between them two is massive, double that at least, Crouch is a useful footballer, Ameobi has yet to prove that, and has used up 80% of his time to do so.

iagreee,crouch for all his faults is much better than ameobi

John Carew or Anelka would be my choice as a partner for Owen or Martins

Owen would flourish playing alongside Carew.

Unfortunately, he plays for us. Unfortunately for us, he's always either injured or not fully fit.

Unfortunately, he plays for us. Unfortunately for us, he's always either injured or not fully fit.

why would our player who is always either injured or not fully fit flourish alongside your player who is either always injured or not fully fit ?

why would our player who is always either injured or not fully fit flourish alongside your player who is either always injured or not fully fit ?

Their combined injury woes would open the door for the worst ever strike partnership.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Shola Ameobi and Marlon Harewood.

Their combined injury woes would open the door for the worst ever strike partnership.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Shola Ameobi and Marlon Harewood.

some newly promoted prem club will have that strike force 2009-10

He would be perfect for Big Sam's style of play, which is the way we're probably headed, like it or lump it. He will be in the game a lot more than players like Owen are at the moment, and his flick-ons and hold up play will help bring those sorts of players into the game.

I'm not a fan of his or that type of football, but as we're probably going down that route then he could be the answer.

Guest Harry-Norway

Carew is good,but i prefer Crouch on top with Owen or Martins.

Sell Shola,if anyone wants him.

Give me Hangeland also,then we have 2 Crouch,one striker and one defender  :-)

Guest scousertommy

He would be perfect for Big Sam's style of play, which is the way we're probably headed, like it or lump it. He will be in the game a lot more than players like Owen are at the moment, and his flick-ons and hold up play will help bring those sorts of players into the game.

I'm not a fan of his or that type of football, but as we're probably going down that route then he could be the answer.

If you signed Crouch it'd be a decent signing, if you signed him to be a target man and to win flick ons then it'll be a waste of £10-12m. It's been said before, but for a man of his height he is amazingly bad in the air - seriously, you'd be surprised at the sheer number of fouls he gives away for climbing. Owen is actually a better header of the ball.

If, however, you played the ball along the ground then he would be a good signing - throw in an extra £6m and you can have Riises hoofs up the pitch as well.

If you signed Crouch it'd be a decent signing, if you signed him to be a target man and to win flick ons then it'll be a waste of £10-12m. It's been said before, but for a man of his height he is amazingly bad in the air - seriously, you'd be surprised at the sheer number of fouls he gives away for climbing. Owen is actually a better header of the ball.

If, however, you played the ball along the ground then he would be a good signing - throw in an extra £6m and you can have Riises hoofs up the pitch as well.

He does give away an incredible number of fouls I agree, and I've never liked him as a player, he's always come across as quite arrogant despite his lack of skill. I know he has a "good touch for a big lad" and all that, but having him on the pitch does encourage longer balls. I noticed in Liverpool that a lot of fans call for him to be brought on when they're chasing a game or trying to nick a winner late on, and that's because he does bring a different dimension to any game and will always put himself about and ruffle a few feathers. But not many people would want him starting week in, week out. He's just not good enough on a consistent basis.

At times he can look good in the Liverpool side, where he starts now and again and comes off the bench, but if he came here he would be under more pressure, he'd be expected to start every week and would be expected to score or create goals on a regular basis. The Liverpool team has more quality, the service to the forwards is better and the midfielders also chip in with goals, but up here the spotlight would be on him more because he'd be a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Having thought about it, I'm not sure it'd be a good move for him or for us. It'd be a gamble, the problem is that there are not many alternatives if you are looking for that type of player with Premiership experience.