Kev

Let's clear up the mystery.

He can't pass.

He has no engine.

He has no pace.

He's tiny.

He has no hair.

He has little legs.

He would seriously struggle to make it into any top 12 PL side.

He ocassionally plays well at home.

He had 4 shots on goal today and didn't hit the target once.

He gave the ball away 7 times under no pressure.

I just wish someone would tell the ginger clodder to get his head over the fucking ball when he shoots. You think he'd have figured it out by now. 3 shots today, none on target, all over the bar.

Every fucking week!

He can't pass.

He has no engine.

He has no pace.

He's tiny.

He has no hair.

He has little legs.

;D

Give him some credit, he has some lovely auburn wisps.

Butt did ok today, the reason he looked shite at times is the fact that he was covering up for Smith.

We desperately needed someone with creative passes, flair and long range shooting from the middle of the park.  Butt and Smith are no doubt low down the list of players you would want to be looking for any of these, yet they were our two centre midfielders.

Butt did what he had to do today and more, it's not his fault he has to cover up for how shit Smith is.

He can't pass.

He has no engine.

He has no pace.

He's tiny.

He has no hair.

He has little legs.

So he's not able to do the things that someone in his position is not meant to do? Very insightful, Parky.

I'm gonna go with the first six points you've made here and let's see if someone like Makelele passes your test.

Can he pass? No. He makes two yard passes to Lampard then drops back.

Does he have an engine? No. His game is more to do with anticipation, very much similar to Butt's.

Does he have pace? No. Like Butt.

Is he tiny? Yes.

Does he have any hair? No.

Are his legs little? No.

He can't pass.

He has no engine.

He has no pace.

He's tiny.

He has no hair.

He has little legs.

So he's not able to do the things that someone in his position is not meant to do? Very insightful, Parky.

I'm gonna go with the first six points you've made here and let's see if someone like Makelele passes your test.

Can he pass? No. He makes two yard passes to Lampard then drops back.

Does he have an engine? No. His game is more to do with anticipation, very much similar to Butt's.

Does he have pace? No. Like Butt.

Is he tiny? Yes.

Does he have any hair? No.

Are his legs little? No.

Makalele at certain points in his career has been world class. And he has the ability to grow hair.  :razz:

He's not Gerrard or Lampard. He's not a box-to-box midfielder. He never was for Man Utd, never was for England and yet somehow you seem to think he should be for us.

He's not Elano, Diego, VdV etc. He's not creative. He does not have 'vision'. He won't be making any killer through balls this season nor will he be opening up the other team with an incisive pass. But, you seem to judge him harshly because he cannot do all those things which he's not meant to do.

He's quite a simple player, much like Keane, Vieira, Makelele, Deschamps etc. were/are. He's a good tackler, knows when to pressure a player and when to back off, he's got good positional sense and he pops up with a couple of random goals in a season. That's all he is, and imo he's good enough for us.

Like how you make the cut off point the first 6 points, ignoirng the next 4 which would undermine your "argument"

The last three all have something to do with his midfield partner being shite so it was irrelevant. And the 7th point is just Parky's opinion, one which I disagree with.

Makelele is an excellent passer of the ball, so FAIL.

I'll disagree there. He never had to make any passes. Never had to lob balls into areas. He only had to pick up the ball and give it to the wingers (who were very good at getting open) or give it to Lampard.

He can't pass.

He has no engine.

He has no pace.

He's tiny.

He has no hair.

He has little legs.

Apparently one of his shots almost killed one bird while flying around the stadium.

Like how you make the cut off point the first 6 points, ignoirng the next 4 which would undermine your "argument"

The last three all have something to do with his midfield partner being shite so it was irrelevant. And the 7th point is just Parky's opinion, one which I disagree with.

Ok name me one top 12 midfield pairing he'd walk into. Case closed.

He's not Gerrard or Lampard. He's not a box-to-box midfielder. He never was for Man Utd, never was for England and yet somehow you seem to think he should be for us.

He's not Elano, Diego, VdV etc. He's not creative. He does not have 'vision'. He won't be making any killer through balls this season nor will he be opening up the other team with an incisive pass. But, you seem to judge him harshly because he cannot do all those things which he's not meant to do.

He's quite a simple player, much like Keane, Vieira, Makelele, Deschamps etc. were/are. He's a good tackler, knows when to pressure a player and when to back off, he's got good positional sense and he pops up with a couple of random goals in a season. That's all he is, and imo he's good enough for us.

You're on crack.

Of all the games I've watched City this year, I don't think I've seen him attempt to lob balls into obscure areas of the pitch once and imo it's because he can give it off to Johnson/Elano and then let them do the passing. City's wingers zip around all game, causing havoc for the other team's defenders. On more than a few occasions you'd see Petrov/Ireland being double-teamed. This creates space for other players and that's why they're so good. It's all about the movement.

Notice that Hamann isn't involved in all of this. He's the equivalent of Butt imo. In his decline, was class once but can still do a decent job provided he's surrounded by good players. Butt's having to do so much more than he ever had to do in his career because of the ineptitude of our CM like Geremi and Smith but that doesn't mean he's useless.

Of all the games I've watched City this year, I don't think I've seen him attempt to lob balls into obscure areas of the pitch once and imo it's because he can give it off to Johnson/Elano and then let them do the passing. City's wingers zip around all game, causing havoc for the other team's defenders. On more than a few occasions you'd see Petrov/Ireland being double-teamed. This creates space for other players and that's why they're so good. It's all about the movement.

Notice that Hamann isn't involved in all of this. He's the equivalent of Butt imo. In his decline, was class once but can still do a decent job provided he's surrounded by good players. Butt's having to do so much more than he ever had to do in his career because of the ineptitude of our CM like Geremi and Smith but that doesn't mean he's useless.

Fair enough.

But the DM role you're talking about is 10 years out of date.

You're arguing on completely different wavelengths, but you've both got good points and are right in your own way. Butt is a poor player/limited player, but this is only truly highlighted because he's having to do too much in a poor team, much like Speedo had to do at times when he was let down by his midfield partners.

Take a minute to sit back and see what you're both saying and this will all reach a harmonious conclusion.

Hare-krishna.