Pompey (h) Pre Match Thread

Kev

Geremi hasn't lived up to his pre season form, whilst Butt has been excellent at home. Zoggy and Milner on the wings is a must today, and i'm interested to see whether Butt and Barton can compliment each other. Regarding the strikers: fuck knows. :lol:

Emre definately deserves to be dropped

Really?

I like the lineup Elma posted but I still think its a little harsh on 2 or 3 players and Emre is one of those.

I think you have to play Emre at home. >:(

Really?

I like the lineup Elma posted but I still think its a little harsh on 2 or 3 players and Emre is one of those.

Unfortunately there is no room for him though if Sam wants Barton to get games.

Really?

In a 4-3-3, agree totally.

But with proper wingers and someone like Barton who will get forward from the middle in a 4-4-2 then there really isn't much of a place for Emre, who doesn't fit into either CM role in a 4-4-2.

Very pleased with that if it is the starting line-up.

Really?

But with proper wingers and someone like Barton who will get forward from the middle in a 4-4-2 then there really isn't much of a place for Emre, who doesn't fit into either CM role in a 4-4-2.

I don't care who plays as long as we play the wingers.

Really?

I don't care who plays as long as we play the wingers.

I don't care who plays as long as we win.

Geremi and Beye dropped? Great so we drop two right backs to play a centre back out of position?

Also im not sure how i  feel about Butt and Barton in the centre.

Geremi is as much a right back as Taylor is.

Will be interesting to see who is named as captain for today.

Geremi probably

Its unlikely that he's playing, as he didn't wear an orange bib in yesterday's training match.

Don't get me wrong mate, I hope you're right because he deserves to be dropped, but this whole orange bib thing is a bit far fetched. Didn't you get it wrong the last couple of times you've predicted the line up with orange bibs?

Only been wrong twice all season.

The first time, I incorrectly assumed someone was not playing without any photographic evidence whatsoever, ie Smith was in an orange bib with three other midfielders, and I assummed he would be in midfield with Zoggy dropped, when it turned out that Viduka was injured, so Smith was playing up front, and Zoggy was on the left.

The second time, it was after the England internationals, and we weren't playing till the Monday, so the photos of the training match taken on the Friday were likely to be messed up on that occassion, and I should have realised that.