Newcastle United 1 - 4 Portsmouth - 03/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

Bump ...

Absolutely terrified of this game. I don't know how much you have seen of Portsmouth but it's not going to be fun. They play a 4-3-3 that is very effective and they have a lot of power and pace.

I don't know if we can play against them with a 4-4-2 and have any kind of chance. Their midfield three of Davis/Mendes along with Muntari and Diop will eat us alive the way we've been going lately. Of course Kanu is back now too, so they will have Benjani, Kanu and Utaka upfront. Bloody frightening if you ask me.

If we don't go 4-3-3 to match up with them we will lose this game in my opinion. I'm not looking forward to this one at all I'm afraid.

Guest justin99.

ive seen stranger things in my life than someone coming back from 3-1 down with 45 minutes to go + stoppage

exactly. we have a second half like their first, Newcastle win.

ive seen stranger things in my life than someone coming back from 3-1 down with 45 minutes to go + stoppage

It's idiotic that we've put ourselves in that position. You look at the first few minutes, adapt to the fast pace they've set and try to keep it tight. Did Sam send them out and say 'Just sit on your arses for ten minutes'?

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

i don't think barton has been effective enough getting us forward

he's put in quite a few good long balls

and many more shit ones for my money.  to be fair though, there isn't a great target up front.

not that emre would be much better but we need somebody who can look forward and distribute better, especially when we need goals imo

Bump ...

Absolutely terrified of this game. I don't know how much you have seen of Portsmouth but it's not going to be fun. They play a 4-3-3 that is very effective and they have a lot of power and pace.

I don't know if we can play against them with a 4-4-2 and have any kind of chance. Their midfield three of Davis/Mendes along with Muntari and Diop will eat us alive the way we've been going lately. Of course Kanu is back now too, so they will have Benjani, Kanu and Utaka upfront. Bloody frightening if you ask me.

If we don't go 4-3-3 to match up with them we will lose this game in my opinion. I'm not looking forward to this one at all I'm afraid.

Why do you keep bumping that?

Bump ...

Shut up, you've made your point.

I dont know why Big Sam started Cacapa and Faye in central defense, they were strugling with the pace against Reading to. ¨

I dont think Big Sam has taken us anyway yet, I still have high hopes, but his tactics doesnt seem to be so very good :|

Bump ...

Nice of you to be so happy in our misery.

Get Butt off for Emre and Smith off for Martins please Sam.

Ok, so if you had to give a team talk right now, what would it be?

OK, nothing we can do about the scoreline, these things happen in football.

Now, I want you to do this in the second half, you do that, be careful here etc.