Newcastle United 1 - 4 Portsmouth - 03/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 21

James

To be fair I think we (both players and fans) along with the rest of the country have grossly underrated Portsmouth.

Portsmouth is probably the team Sam wishes he could have put together at Newcastle. 4-3-3 with a bunch of absolute beasts on the park who can also play a bit of football.

Oh well ... at least we have Owen right?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Owen got a couple this half and saved us.

Interesting to see the progress Benjani has made this season. He looks such a good player now.

It's funny because he doesn't have as much talent as Martins does, but will Martins ever get enough time on the pitch to develop like Benjani has?

To be fair I think we (both players and fans) along with the rest of the country have grossly underrated Portsmouth.

Portsmouth is probably the team Sam wishes he could have put together at Newcastle. 4-3-3 with a bunch of absolute beasts on the park who can also play a bit of football.

Oh well ... at least we have Owen right?

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Owen got a couple this half and saved us.

I for one am pinning my hopes on Owen and N'Zogbia.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

They'd all walk in the dressing room to find Cacapa's disembowelled body lying on the floor. That'll motivate them.

I don't have much against cacapa (prior to this shitefest at least), but from a motivational standpoint, i love it.

Interesting to see the progress Benjani has made this season. He looks such a good player now.

It's funny because he doesn't have as much talent as Martins does, but will Martins ever get enough time on the pitch to develop like Benjani has?

Do you support Portsmouth, if not then SHUT YOUR SHIT

Do you support Portsmouth, if not then SHUT YOUR SHIT

WTF...

Didn't some people used to argue Pompey are like a stylish Bolton (Allardyce's Bolton) which if you think about it is like a hobo with a tie. They're so much more than that, unfortunately

I just hate the way people assume a 4-3-3 automatically means bad football. If done the right way it can be great to watch. Portsmouth's attacking play is awesome to watch at times with Diop, Muntari, Benjani, Utaka and Kanu/Kranjcar all getting forward when they attack.

I'm just not convinced Sam is comfortable with a 4-4-2, secondly we just don't have the wingers to play the 4-4-2 right now. I don't think Zoggy and Milner are ready to play every game for us. They are simply not good enough yet or consistent enough yet.