This Michael Owen

Tooj

He looks a completely different player to the one who was European Footballer Of The Year, even to the Owen who joined us in 2005.  :nope:

Is it a lack of confidence, is it the injuries, either way something is missing, that spark just appears to have gone.

Yes I know he's not getting the service, and due to the type of player he is now, he needs some service to score goals, but it's very worrying as far as I'm concerned.

He looks a completely different player to the one who was European Footballer Of The Year, even to the Owen who joined us in 2005.  :nope:

Is it a lack of confidence, is it the injuries, either way something is missing, that spark just appears to have gone.

Yes I know he's not getting the service, and due to the type of player he is now, he needs some service to score goals, but it's very worrying as far as I'm concerned.

Your concern has been noted.

I've been saying for a while now that Owen isn't anywhere near as good as he was when we signed him, no surprise that people tried to shoot me down claiming him to be World class, the truth is all of his pace has gone and unless we're dominating a game he's fucking useless.

Guest eyeball_tickler

3 goals in 9 (6 starts) isnt bad for this team. plus yesterday's assist to the OG. give him the ball and more often than not, he'll get a shot on target.

He looks a different player i'll agree, but his game is completely different to most of our players.

People may slag him off all they want, and i'll admit, i do sometimes but he needs people to be creating chances for him.

He looked very slow yesterday when he was getting put through the odd time, whereas i think Oba would be cringing for those sort of chances.

I'm keeping faith with him and i know that one or two goals next week from him should change some peoples opinions on him and give him a massive boost

I've been saying for a while now that Owen isn't anywhere near as good as he was when we signed him, no surprise that people tried to shoot me down claiming him to be World class, the truth is all of his pace has gone and unless we're dominating a game he's fucking useless.

This.

Guest scousertommy

Hes finished, he will never be a top class player again imo.

hes far too slow and weak, shouldnt play ahead of oba

I tell you what,some of you geordies are mental - fans like you (and I'm not tarring all newcastle fans with the same brush btw) know virtually f*** all about football and quite frankly don't deserve world class players in your team.

3 goals in 9 (6 starts) isnt bad for this team. plus yesterday's assist to the OG. give him the ball and more often than not, he'll get a shot on target.

Or 2 league goals from 12 games since he came back from his knee injury.

His legs have gone, a few games this season he's been through one on one with the keeper but he just hasn't got the pace to sprint away from defenders, meaning he has to rush his shot from outside the box which he's useless at.

I tell you what,some of you geordies are mental - fans like you (and I'm not tarring all newcastle fans with the same brush btw) know virtually f*** all about football and quite frankly don't deserve world class players in your team.

Except Owen isn't World class anymore, perhaps you should listen to people who watch him every week rather than the highlights you watch on match of the day.

Guest eyeball_tickler

i'd agree with that. come back on when he's scored and see the change in opinion.

Or 2 league goals from 12 games since he came back from his knee injury.

His legs have gone, a few games this season he's been through one on one with the keeper but he just hasn't got the pace to sprint away from defenders, meaning he has to rush his shot from outside the box which he's useless at.

Given that 3 of those games at the end of last season came after he'd been out for 11 months, and he's had a couple of injuries this season so far as well, it's harsh to judge on that. Let's see how he does in the next 4 games which are all massive.

He's not World Class anymore.

Which in truth is a damn shame, as I've got tons of footage etc of Owen when he was in his prime, and it's a waste to football as a whole that he is no longer the player that he once was.

He still does the business for England alright.

Put him in a good team and he's good. 

He looked good for England in home games against Israel and Russia where both teams were dominated, away to Russia where the game was more tight he was anonymous.

He looked good for England in home games against Israel and Russia where both teams were dominated, away to Russia where the game was more tight he was anonymous.

So we need to be playing Derby at home every week for him to shine, yes ?  :giggle:

I'd post the video but I'd get banned.

Go onto youtube and type in Michael Owen.

It's the first compilation that's 7:20 long and New Order's classic song Bizarre Love Triangle is being played in the background.

Come back to me with your feedback.

I feel sorry for him and all this speculation about him leaving but the fact remains that on the pitch he just looks like a player going through the motions, he can say as much as he likes in interviews but actions speak louder than words and his actions are those of a player that cannot be arsed.

His loss of pace is really effecting him, he never had the quickest feet but now looks like he has lead in his boots. I've rarely seen a striker of his stature turn so slowly on the football pitch.

He still has a far superior understanding and reading of the game than most strikers though, but at the moment he looks like Fowler did in his late 20's.

So we need to be playing Derby at home every week for him to shine yes ?  :giggle:

Well, no, cause we'd play for a draw and Owen wouldn't get much of the ball.

So we need to be playing Derby at home every week for him to shine yes ?  :giggle:

Well, no, cause we'd play for a draw and Owen wouldn't get much of the ball.

It's funny because it's true. :lol: