This Michael Owen

Tooj

Guest scousertommy

3 goals in 9 (6 starts) isnt bad for this team. plus yesterday's assist to the OG. give him the ball and more often than not, he'll get a shot on target.

Or 2 league goals from 12 games since he came back from his knee injury.

His legs have gone, a few games this season he's been through one on one with the keeper but he just hasn't got the pace to sprint away from defenders, meaning he has to rush his shot from outside the box which he's useless at.

The toon army - the most loyal, genuine, greatest fans in the world.

Jesus, a couple of results go against you and suddenly you turn against the team. I've said it on another thread but I truly believe that the fickleness of you lot is a major contribution as to why the club hasn't been successful. The animosity and anxiety that must flow from the stands if you're not 3-0 up by half time must cripple the players. Hopefully, Owen will be off in Jan and then you can spend the money on someone good enough and worthy for you lads to actually get behind and you know, perhaps not get on his back if he hasn't scored for 3 games. :idiot2:

Hes finished, he will never be a top class player again imo.

hes far too slow and weak, shouldnt play ahead of oba

I tell you what,some of you geordies are mental - fans like you (and I'm not tarring all newcastle fans with the same brush btw) know virtually f*** all about football and quite frankly don't deserve world class players in your team.

totally agree with you to many jumping on the band wagon for my liking we need a midfield to create something or we will not make the best use of him  :banghead:

Fowler mark II?

I think a lot of Fowler's troubles personally was down to his lack of motivation when he left Liverpool. Owen does have the hunger, just at the moment unfortunately things aren't going for him.

I have no doubt if he was in a team like Arsenal, he would score a lot of goals.

But the way we are now, and the type of game Owen now has to play, it's going to be extremely difficult for things to work out.

In the past he could make a half chance a full chance, due to his pace and mobility on the pitch, now it's more of being in the right place at the right time, however if the balls aren't coming into the box for him, he's going to struggle, which has been evident lately.

3 goals in 9 (6 starts) isnt bad for this team. plus yesterday's assist to the OG. give him the ball and more often than not, he'll get a shot on target.

His legs have gone, a few games this season he's been through one on one with the keeper but he just hasn't got the pace to sprint away from defenders, meaning he has to rush his shot from outside the box which he's useless at.

Jesus, a couple of results go against you and suddenly you turn against the team. I've said it on another thread but I truly believe that the fickleness of you lot is a major contribution as to why the club hasn't been successful. The animosity and anxiety that must flow from the stands if you're not 3-0 up by half time must cripple the players. Hopefully, Owen will be off in Jan and then you can spend the money on someone good enough and worthy for you lads to actually get behind and you know, perhaps not get on his back if he hasn't scored for 3 games. :idiot2:

If it bothers you that much then start a Justice for Michael Owen fund you bin dipping prick.

Wouldn't catch Liverpool fans turning like that.  Apart from those wanting Benitez out obviously.

I tell you what,some of you geordies are mental - fans like you (and I'm not tarring all newcastle fans with the same brush btw) know virtually f*** all about football and quite frankly don't deserve world class players in your team.

if you think michael owen is still world class then you are the one who knows f*** all about football, its so depressing watching him for 90minutes every week so far in this campaign

this

this

We don't have any any more anyway

Guest scousertommy

If it bothers you that much then start a Justice for Michael Owen fund you bin dipping prick.

Insulting AND threatening in the same sentance - wow, you are just the hardest person I have ever come into contact with!!   :clap:  I've finally met a 3rd Dan keyboard warrior, the years of training that you've undergone to reach such levels humbles me, it truly does.

I take it you don't agree that there's a link between supporters booing substitutions and getting on players backs because they haven't scored for 3 games (admittedly only through an internet messageboard for that last one) and players not performing to their maximum because they're scared to death of making mistakes? If you disagree that's fine but to lower the tone down to very boring stereotypes and abusive language doesn't exactly enlighten anyone does it?

And yes, I would love Owen back at Anfield but then I wonder who your favourite scape goat would then become if he did leave - Martins perhaps?

this

We don't have any any more anyway

on a serious note mate this lad's got a point, i feel its a hopeless effort though as the common man is thick, nevermind the common football fan, i turned to the bloke who sits next to me at the match 5 minutes before half time and said, 'there'll be booing at half time, and most of it will come from above us (galowgate), i hate to say it but most of our fans are wankers'

booing gets you nowhere, people need to give support to a manager with a good track record who said himself that it would take time to get right, if you turn up every week expecting us to win 5-0 and you throw your toys out of the pram when the team has a stinker then you're not entitled to call yourself a supporter

Insulting AND threatening in the same sentance - wow, you are just the hardest person I have ever come into contact with!!   :clap:  I've finally met a 3rd Dan keyboard warrior, the years of training that you've undergone to reach such levels humbles me, it truly does.

I take it you don't agree that there's a link between supporters booing substitutions and getting on players backs because they haven't scored for 3 games (admittedly only through an internet messageboard for that last one) and players not performing to their maximum because they're scared to death of making mistakes? If you disagree that's fine but to lower the tone down to very boring stereotypes and abusive language doesn't exactly enlighten anyone does it?

And yes, I would love Owen back at Anfield but then I wonder who your favourite scape goat would then become if he did leave - Martins perhaps?

Where have I threatened you?

The fact is lad I've seen every game Owen has played for us since his knee injury and it's clear to anyone who has that he isn't the same player he was before, now I understand he was a good player for your lot and you're probably letting those memories influence your opinion on him now but to me and many others who have seen him since his injury he's not a patch on the player he was.

Scousertommy, the problem with the internet is that people can go straight onto a Liverpool forum and read the stuff posted by your own fans and see the way they get on when the team struggles. You won't be able to pull the wool over anyone's eyes and tell us your fans are different. Football fans are football fans. I could easily go on RAWK or wherever and drag up some embarrassing examples but I won't bother, I know you get my drift.

Another problem with the internet is that you never know who is reading your posts. Many of those reading them, such as myself, have lived in Liverpool for years and know the way your own club's fans are. Your club won a cup treble yet many of the fans wanted rid of the manager, yet we get criticised for wanting rid of Souness and Roeder, two managers who no other Premiership clubs would touch with a bargepole. Would you have stuck by them, while you saw your beloved club slipping into a relegation battle? Would you f*ck.

If the shoe was on the other foot and Torres didn't play until 2009 and spent the entire time trying to engineer a move to Real Madrid and had all sorts of release clauses in his contract, then when noone came in for him he pledged his allegiance to Liverpool, I know rightly a lot of your fans wouldn't trust him. When Gerrard was close to a move to Chelsea I know that a lot of your fans wanted rid. It's amazing that you can't see why a lot of Newcastle fans feel we should bring in a player more committed to the team, a player who will give the team more balance and perhaps most importantly a player more suited to the manager's style of football. Noone denies that Owen is a top class striker (bar the odd overexcited teenager venting on the internet), but our manager plays an ugly style of football which is not at all suitable for players like Owen.

I don't see Owen ever being suited to Allardyce's tactics, but because of his quality he will always get some goals regardless. If you were loyal to Owen then there's a good chance you would want the manager out, and people would call you fickle for that. But if you stand by the manager then people call you fickle for not standing by the player.

Guest optimistic nit

he's got a point, he's wrong about owen, but he's right about our 'fans'.

Scousertommy, the problem with the internet is that people can go straight onto a Liverpool forum and read the stuff posted by your own fans and see the way they get on when the team struggles. Football fans are football fans.

Another problem with the internet is that you never know who is reading your posts. Many of those reading them, such as myself, have lived in Liverpool for years and know the way your own club's fans are. Your club won a cup treble yet many of the fans wanted rid of the manager, yet we get criticised for wanting rid of Souness and Roeder, two managers who no other Premiership clubs wouldn't touch with a bargepole. Would you have stuck by them, while you saw your beloved club slipping into a relegation battle? Would you f*ck.

If the shoe was on the other foot and Torres didn't play until 2009 and spent the entire time trying to engineer a move to Real Madrid and had all sorts of release clauses in his contract, then when noone came in for him he pledged his allegiance to Liverpool, I know rightly a lot of your fans wouldn't trust him. When Gerrard was close to a move to Chelsea I know that a lot of your fans wanted rid. It's amazing that you can't see why a lot of Newcastle fans feel we should bring in a player more committed to the team, a player who will give the team more balance and perhaps most importantly a player more suited to the manager's style of football. Noone denies that Owen is a top class striker (bar the odd overexcited teenager venting on the internet), but our manager plays an ugly style of football which is not at all suitable for players like Owen.

I don't see Owen ever being suited to Allardyce's tactics, but because of his quality he will always get some goals regardless. If you were loyal to Owen then there's a good chance you would want the manager out, and people would call you fickle for that. But if you stand by the manager then people call you fickle for not standing by the player.

Pretty much agree with all of that.

he's got a point, he's wrong about owen, but he's right about our 'fans'.

All football fans are the same, the Scoucers were burning Gerrard's shirt outside the ground when he looked like joining Chelsea.

Owen will be brilliant when we get an attacking midfielder that actually has SOME CREATIVITY. Smith and creativity is like Souness and management, it doesnt go together.

And the one who said Ameobi should play up front instead of Owen should turn of his computer and seriously think about his knowledge of football as a sport.

Scousertommy, the problem with the internet is that people can go straight onto a Liverpool forum and read the stuff posted by your own fans and see the way they get on when the team struggles. Football fans are football fans.

Another problem with the internet is that you never know who is reading your posts. Many of those reading them, such as myself, have lived in Liverpool for years and know the way your own club's fans are. Your club won a cup treble yet many of the fans wanted rid of the manager, yet we get criticised for wanting rid of Souness and Roeder, two managers who no other Premiership clubs wouldn't touch with a bargepole. Would you have stuck by them, while you saw your beloved club slipping into a relegation battle? Would you f*ck.

Ditto, this bin dipper needs to look at his own set of fans before getting all high and mighty.

Guest scousertommy

Which, as an argument, I can understand better than "you're a F****** ****** you ****** ****".

Essentially, my point wasn't mainly about Owen (though, in one way, it actually was - or something) it was just using him as the highest profile example of making a my point that being quick to jump on the back of players/the manager doesn't help. Of course the paradox is that the people booing could say that they are so passionate about the club that they can't stand to see mediocrity and have to make their voices heard.

And odf course you're right about Liverpool fans being exactly the same in many regards and if you go on the TTWAR site you will see plenty of bell ends who think that insulting our captain and his missus makes them somehow more of a "die hard" fan. Personally, I wouldn't call insulting the guy that has virtually carried us for 3 years as being as sign of being hardcore, I'd call it a sign of being a tw*t but there you go.

In regards Owens' move to Madrid, living in Liverpool you'll have heard a lot of people that know people that used to know people that worked at Anfield behind the bar one XMAS that know the real reason Owen moved. Personally, I thought it was nothing more than him falliung out with Houllier due to the Frenchmans insistance of playing Owen when he was clearly unfit and Owens dislike of our style of play at the time - and whatever you think of him you'[ve got to say that he's been incredibly unlucky with the way his careers gone over the last few years.

I make you right on him not fitting into Allardyce style of play though and I think it'll be interesting to see what type of players you bring in in Jan - personally speaking though, I think Allardyce isn't good enough to manage your club but that's by the by.

Guest scousertommy

Ditto, this bin dipper needs to look at his own set of fans before getting all high and mighty.

Who's getting high and mighty? It's an internet discussion board. I was trying to make a point - f**** sake!