Steve McClaren

Dave

Though it was a much improved performance, this was a 'free match' in that we were expected to lose. And despite playing really well, we still couldn't win. Even Pardew was able to motivate the players against these at SJP, so it's not exactly unprecedented.

I sincerely hope the coaching staff can use the positives from this game to help us win the matches against the lesser teams to come, because shit teams that get relegated often put in surprisingly good performances against the leading clubs and the 'if we can just play like that every week...' rhetoric never comes to fruition.

We're still in big trouble IMO.

Agree with that. Losing a two goal lead is never a good thing, regardless of the opposition.

I really hope that 2nd half display wasnt a "sit back & hit them on the counter" tactic because they were just left with far to much space & it didnt work. The first half was much improved & we look a better side with two upfront.

Guest Howaythetoon

Though it was a much improved performance, this was a 'free match' in that we were expected to lose. And despite playing really well, we still couldn't win. Even Pardew was able to motivate the players against these at SJP, so it's not exactly unprecedented.

I sincerely hope the coaching staff can use the positives from this game to help us win the matches against the lesser teams to come, because s*** teams that get relegated often put in surprisingly good performances against the leading clubs and the 'if we can just play like that every week...' rhetoric never comes to fruition.

Good appraisal. I was disgusted with our corners at the end mind, that sums McClaren up for me, cautious.

I sincerely hope the coaching staff can use the positives from this game to help us win the matches against the lesser teams to come, because s*** teams that get relegated often put in surprisingly good performances against the leading clubs and the 'if we can just play like that every week...' rhetoric never comes to fruition.

Good appraisal. I was disgusted with our corners at the end mind, that sums McClaren up for me, cautious.

Aye that was really annoying

Team was knackered so we sagged back. Makes you wonder what they're doing for fitness training, too many were gassed after an hour or so.

To be fair today was the first time in weeks they've actually tried. They're out of practice.

Team was knackered so we sagged back. Makes you wonder what they're doing for fitness training, too many were gassed after an hour or so.

To be fair today was the first time in weeks they've actually tried. They're out of practice.

Probably bang on :lol:

I was surprised at Perez, he was really struggling on the defensive to cover the midfield. Hate to say it but I think we missed Colback's energy in the middle after he went off, Wijnaldum's still struggling a bit with the pace off the ball.

Got the mitrovic sub very wrong. Perez was spent and you saw it not long before the sub ad he tried to support janmaat

Mitrovic picked up a knock.

fair enough if he was injured, if it qas just tiredness though we were going to have to defend a lot for last part of the game and would have much rather had a knackered mitro defending set pieces than perez.

Got the mitrovic sub very wrong. Perez was spent and you saw it not long before the sub ad he tried to support janmaat

Mitrovic picked up a knock.

fair enough if he was injured, if it qas just tiredness though we were going to have to defend a lot for last part of the game and would have much rather had a knackered mitro defending set pieces than perez.

He'd been limping about for ages before he went down and was being stretched out by Ivanovic.

Probably bang on :lol:

I was surprised at Perez, he was really struggling on the defensive to cover the midfield. Hate to say it but I think we missed Colback's energy in the middle after he went off, Wijnaldum's still struggling a bit with the pace off the ball.

It was by far Colback's best game for a while like.

I liked his take on Pardew's 'no more goals' as Sissoko was sprinting off the pitch.

So grim. Its not like Chelsea were even playing out of their skins and then the short corner at the end was also annoying because we'd already scored from a corner

Game of two half's for me very good in the first, playing exactly how you should against the better teas but second we played exactly how you shouldn't and allowed Chelsea onto us and too much space. We need a manager who will when winning actually continue to try and win the match and not just hold on if we do actually score first - we had nearly five year of it under Pardew and it certainly won't change under this bloke either.

I liked his take on Pardew's 'no more goals' as Sissoko was sprinting off the pitch.

So grim. Its not like Chelsea were even playing out of their skins and then the short corner at the end was also annoying because we'd already scored from a corner

Exactly