Steve McClaren

Dave

Hindu, what was said/suggested about signings?

"We're always looking" (re signings)

"We always want to improve upon what we have" (when asked about defence)

People on here seem to expect him to come out and go, "Yeah we've got bids in for X Y and Z", whilst labelling our current defence as dreadful. Of course he's going to say he's happy with the players application and the players we've bought. He's not going to slag anyone off or give too much away is he?

Nailed it :thup:

Nothing he said about Aarons is wrong like :lol:

That'd be ok if he didn't start Ober.

He didn't mention Obertan though, and there's no guarantee he will start.

Wager?

He may start he may not i'm just saying not guaranteed, all he said about Aarons is that he's young, sometimes erratic and needs to hone he's skill, all of which is correct.

and much more importantly, he needs to sign a new contract for Mike to get his money's worth

Well so far I have managed to keep the radio on.  Always had to turn it off when Pardew was on.

That's because it's fresh. Once he's said it 100 times by September, you'll be lobbing the radio out of the window.

Aarons has earned his start from his promising performances pre-season, and last pre-season and pretty much every time hes played.

I understand not playing him 90+ minutes every single game and caning the life out of him but he would honestly be my first name on the team sheet, if he doesn't start its madness.

Gives him a confidence boost starting the first game too.

Hindu, what was said/suggested about signings?

"We're always looking" (re signings)

"We always want to improve upon what we have" (when asked about defence)

People on here seem to expect him to come out and go, "Yeah we've got bids in for X Y and Z", whilst labelling our current defence as dreadful. Of course he's going to say he's happy with the players application and the players we've bought. He's not going to slag anyone off or give too much away is he?

He couldn't have put it in a more general way :lol: Nobody is saying he should slag off specific defenders. The way he avoided the question and kept listing up our players, talking them up. No way is he expecting a new defender in.