Steve McClaren

Dave

Not trying to be clever but this is a post from pre season. What is clear then is clear now, it is truly incredible how he is still here.

Football / Re: Newcastle United 0-1 Borussia Mönchengladbach - FT

« on: August 01, 2015, 17:41:36 »

Our squad is lop sided at the moment, we have too many bang average midfielders and we have to off load some. We desperately need a LB and another centre half. I also think we need to sign Austin, Mitrovic could be anything but he hasn't exactly hit the ground running. We need goals.

I can see McClaren going safety first next week with Colback a certain starter and I'd personally have Sissoko alongside him. I've no idea how you play De Jong, Perez and Mitrovic in the same side, we more or less need 2 set ups depending on whether Mitrovic or Perez plays.It all looks a bit of a mess to me.

I finished work today at 6 then I had to run a few errands after.... So this is the 1st chance I have today to sit down and digest what has happened and tbh when I heard the result I felt depressed like the majority of people on this forum... Years ago when we got beat it would affect my weekend/ week, I would be in bad form I would be grumpy, I would fall out with family/friends it actually resulted in an end of a relationship when I was 16 Lol me and my then girlfriend where shopping and we where playing everton at the time (subsequently it was actually 5 years ago today), I remember I asked her to check the score on her phone for me and she said it was 2-1, I said to us ? And she said aye... So I was walking around the supermarket chuffed until she realised it was everton who won 2-1 I remember I lost the plot at her and we fell out and she left me... Well she can go fuck cus four months later I met another girl who was 10 times hotter  and 5 years later were still going strong.... Lol any how... I don't know if it's cus I grew up our if I just got disillusioned by the regime and the shit that's happened that I just stopped giving a fuck..... But today when I heard the result it was like the 16 year old me was back i was in a bad form for hours... And I have to say that it still hurts... If mc claren isn't gone by Monday afternoon then I fears that our future will be gone ! Mc claren is bordering with carver as the worse manager ive ever seen at the club... I just hope he does the honourable thing and go fuck

Guest Phillipealbert

who is going to come in?

There are 4-5 decent managers currently unemployed. Hell, picking a random fan from the streets would be better than SMc.

Even doing the Mackems' boom and bust trick with a random would be better than this fraud.

Allowing McClaren to remain at the club after today would be absolutely moronic.  It's not as if he improved the team after he's had the backing of in the region of £80 million, he hasn't done anything to suggest that better times are just around the corner.

If Charnley carries on fiddling while Rome burns then he's the most clueless inept MD I have ever come across in any situation and I've seen one or two shit ones who have bluffed their way into jobs they weren't qualified for.

The inaction from within the club makes us look like driftwood and for that reason we can have no complaints if and when we go down, we'll deserve it.

charnley probably begging him to take few quid and resign. he finds himself in an equally untenable situation if he sacks mcclaren after spending months begging him to become our manager in the first place.

Looks like it's not happening.

Not gonna happen this evening.  Reckon it will tomorrow though, he can't stay :lol:  The bigger question is who Ashley will find to come in.  Won't be  a Moyes/Rodgers/Benitez that we're hoping for....

Not gonna happen this evening.  Reckon it will tomorrow though, he can't stay :lol:  The bigger question is who Ashley will find to come in.  Won't be  a Moyes/Rodgers/Benitez that we're hoping for....

We have been through this many times before with Pardew. The club aren't sacking him until the end of the season at the earliest, there is no way they would have put out that statement this morning about the players backing him to only sack him later that night or tomorrow.

Not gonna happen this evening.  Reckon it will tomorrow though, he can't stay[emoji38] The bigger question is who Ashley will find to come in.  Won't be  a Moyes/Rodgers/Benitez that we're hoping for....

We have been through this many times before with Pardew. The club aren't sacking him until the end of the season at the earliest, there is no way they would have put out that statement this morning about the players backing him to only sack him later that night or tomorrow.

Pardew didn't get us this close to relegation.