where you watching the derby then ?

madras

i know it's being asked in the pre-derby thread,thought it may warrant it's own thread.

either the jingling gate (westerhope) or fluid for me.

jingling gate is in no mans land man. not westerhope not chapel park and not walbottle :razz:

walbottle ?, callerton's closer. just put the westerhope bit in to differentiate from the jingling gate at stanley (i think it's at stanley?)

Been in there a coupla times. Canny friendly, tbh.

Most rough pubs are, aslong as you don't act like a c*** you'll be ok.

it's not rough in the "get your head kicked in type of way" but the "dodgy dealers" way.

Been in there a coupla times. Canny friendly, tbh.

Most rough pubs are, aslong as you don't act like a c*** you'll be ok.

it's not rough in the "get your head kicked in type of way" but the "dodgy dealers" way.

My kinda pub. :crazy2:

Guest Jinky James

Would have liked to have watched it at home cos one of the lads I work with is the commentator on Fanzone on Sky, he is an absolute loon, Black and white stupid, still we get the dvd on monday to hopefully have a laff at.

He has to fly to London to the Sky studios, Sat morning for the gig, would have thought they would have done it at the ground.

Guest alijmitchell

Anyone else  watching it in a mixed atmosphere? (aside from those going to the game)

Not overly keen on doing this but i will be doing.

watched the second 1-2 at a bar in east boldon, 50-50 mags and mackems, pretty much the worst day of my life. Especially when Shearer missed THAT pen. Good luck.

Anyone else  watching it in a mixed atmosphere? (aside from those going to the game)

Not overly keen on doing this but i will be doing.

might go to me SU (Northumbria).  I'll get a mix there, watched the Australia/France/South Africa rugby games there and the atmosphere got better with each one.

Also might be some mackems in there so I can taunt the fuckers if we win.  However if we lose I'm pegging it home...

I am definately staying at home for this one, I hate derby day.  My dad and a few mates are coming round cos I have got the biggest tele out of all of us (smug - oh yes!).

I doubt I will have a drink though unless we are winning.  Going out to the quayside on the night so I hope we get at least a draw but, better a win.

Guest themags

was in Sports Cafe last time around, quality atmosphere

anyone know where Mad Mick the DJ is now?  I've been told probably in Players Bar at the gate

No idea. Never going back over there. Made that decision a long time ago after narrowly avoiding a brick just after the 2:1 in 1992 (Liam O Brien winner game) Got away with it the season before in the Fulwell but fuck it, its not worth the hassle anymore. Pointless going to me dads cos he'll be wound up like a spring and so will I. Might just go to town and have a few. Or sit in the living room hungover if Friday night finished late - that seems the preferable option. Watch the fucker half pissed from the night before on me own. Is it SKY or Setanta?