Forget Riquelme

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Could this be the world star Ashley apparantly has sewn up?

Newcastle Keen On Riquelme - Report

Newcastle are ready to up the ante to land Juan Roman Riquelme this winter, according to a report in The Sun.

The play-maker has been frozen out of the Villarreal first team ever since falling out with coach Manuel Pellegrini a year ago.

An effort was made to sell him this summer after he returned following his loan spell with Boca Juniors, but nothing materialized due to the lack of a club which satisfied both the Riquelme and Villarreal.

He will most certainly be offloaded this winter, as club president Fernando Roig confirmed a few weeks back: “I think that the situation is going to be solved in December.”

A report in The Sun suggests that Newcastle are keen on landing him, with Sam Allardyce wanting to build his attack around the Argentine.

Big Sam is ready to convince the player by guaranteeing him first team action, and a bid in the region of 12 million euros is expected to be enough to convince Villarreal.

Fluminese are another clubs that have been linked with Riquelme.

Newcastle are targeting Andrei Arshavin in an £8million move in January.

Arshavin (above) has skippered Russia to the brink of Euro 2008 qualification and Sam Allardyce is a big fan of the 26-year-old.

Russia's domestic season ends at the weekend so a move would make sense for the Zenit St Petersburg forward.

Arshavin has indicated he could be interested in a new challenge if Zenith win the title.

Arshavin (above) has skippered Russia to the brink of Euro 2008 qualification and Sam Allardyce is a big fan of the 26-year-old.

Russia's domestic season ends at the weekend so a move would make sense for the Zenit St Petersburg forward.

Arshavin has indicated he could be interested in a new challenge if Zenith win the title.

I might be wrong but I would be very surprised if it did happen.

He hasnt played this season, that is worrying me, and he aint getting any younger :kasper:

But if he is gonna make it in the premiership, Big Sam is the man to coach him.

Typical Sam signing. Old, seemingly washed out but still enough left in the tank. Then he comes to the Premiership and lights it up :D (see Djorkaeff, Campo, Okacha etc.)

Edit - but of course Riquelme has way more potential than Okacha, Djorkaeff etc. so if he does light it up, we'll be fun to watch, and we'll be good too - damn good in fact.

Guest icemanblue

Hehehe, Arse-shaving.

Sorry.

Jesus fucking christ on a BMX, we all need to get a grip here mates; there isn't a hope in hell that this will happen ffs.

He likes to cross the halfway line occasionally, for a start.

Hehehe, Arse-shaving.

Sorry.

All through the Russia game I couldn't get over this. Still can't.

Tee hee.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

Dazza, the lad on here who's mates with Darren Fletcher said the talk was Allardyce was interested in Riquelme and Crouch a few weeks back.

yep i did, and the rumour hasnt gone away, like i said when i talked to friends of tugay the other week, emre wants out, and his replacement was already in talks.

Allardyce was someone who used set plays as a big part of Bolton's style, because of that Riquelme would be the obvious choice since he's one of the best in World football from a dead ball situation, I'm not sure he will be able to handle the pace of the game and he won't be suited at all to a 4-4-2 formation.