Damien Duff

James

I'm starting to get the impression that he is going to walk straight back into the team if we continue with our current strategies, and that Allardyce is picking N'Zogbia on the right wing, or Milner on the left wing under the assumption that in the long-term they are second choice to Duff in this position.

Does anyone agree with that assessment?

Guest eyeball_tickler

i wasnt his biggest fan before his injury, but now im really looking forward to having him back. he's direct and crosses the ball often, which are two things we are lacking.

If we could get the Duff of a few years ago (Blackburn - early Mourinho Chelsea), in the right position... I'd be happy to say the least. I doubt we will though. His injuries have probably taken a lot out of him and he wasn't very impressive before he got them (for us).

he will play at right back

Probably.

I dont think you can really judge Duff much from last season, he may not have played too well, but no-one around him was playing any good either, and the injuries caused his season to be very stop/start.

Oh goody. His return will surely inject some pace into our midfield. Especially after a 6-month injury lay off.

Coming back from an injury is going to affect your match stamina, not your outright pace (unless the injury has actually caused you to lose some of it). If the injury hasnt affected his body then it will be an injection of pace, just not for a whole game to start with.

Ankle ligament damage I think, isn't that the same injury Shearer had which slowed him down?

Didn't Shearer though manage to tear the ankle ligaments while breaking it and dislocating it at the same time?  ???

Ankle ligament damage I think, isn't that the same injury Shearer had which slowed him down?

Didn't Shearer though manage to tear the ankle ligaments while breaking it and dislocating it at the same time?  ???

I don't fucking know.

Dyer and Bellamy have had loads of leg injuries and are still quick, it just depends really on nature of the leg injury.

Edit: didnt Dyer break his leg at Ipswich as well?

Bellamy was under 25 when he had his biggest injuries. Didn't Bellers have the same knee injury as Owen or was that Shearer? Or all three?

Either way Shearer and Owen lost alot of pace after their long-time injuries.

Dyer and Bellamy have had loads of leg injuries and are still quick, it just depends really on nature of the leg injury.

Edit: didnt Dyer break his leg at Ipswich as well?

Bellamy was under 25 when he had his biggest injuries. Didn't Bellers have the same knee injury as Owen or was that Shearer? Or all three?

Either way Shearer and Owen lost alot of pace after their long-time injuries.

Shearer done his cruciate when he was 22/23 at Blackburn iirc.

It doesn't necassarily suggest that it will slow his pace down... however what's true is that he did look to have lost quite a lot of it last season. That's not me being typically harsh on him, that's the truth. He struggled to beat his man whenever he played last year, and the injury won't have helped that.

It doesn't necassarily suggest that it will slow his pace down... however what's true is that he did look to have lost quite a lot of it last season. That's not me being typically harsh on him, that's the truth. He struggled to beat his man whenever he played last year, and the injury won't have helped that.

Exactly, what pace?