Joey Barton

stozo

In almost 40 years of watching the toon I dont ever recall complaining about one of our own players challenges.

Until I saw Bartons yesterday. Thats how bad it was.

I think Shearer kicking Neil Lennon in the head was much much worse

In almost 40 years of watching the toon I dont ever recall complaining about one of our own players challenges.

I don't think Shearer kicking Lennon was worse because I'm still not convinced that Shearer meant it although he probably did.  Shearer was going down and was spinning, I think he probably went for Lennon but I'm not certain.  I am certain that Barton knew what he was doing.

I don't think Shearer kicking Lennon was worse because I'm still not convinced that Shearer meant it although he probably did.  Shearer was going down and was spinning, I think he probably went for Lennon but I'm not certain.  I am certain that Barton knew what he was doing.

Before I posted, I had to remind myself and I found it on youtube. Looked bad to me. Ball was behind Alan so he couldnt have claimed to have just missed it.

I am certainly not trying to defend Barton but at least he could defend himself by saying he jumped up to avoid being clattered by the player running right at him. His choice of destination for his foot seemed very deliberate mind

Before I posted, I had to remind myself and I found it on youtube. Looked bad to me. Ball was behind Alan so he couldnt have claimed to have just missed it.

I am certainly not trying to defend Barton but at least he could defend himself by saying he jumped up to avoid being clattered by the player running right at him. His choice of destination for his foot seemed very deliberate mind

don't know if its my harsh humour, but last time I saw it on there, I found the caption "Neil Lennon headbutts Alan Shearer's boot" quite funny.

don't know if its my harsh humour, but last time I saw it on there, I found the caption "Neil Lennon headbutts Alan Shearer's boot" quite funny.

haha. aye. thats what it says. At first I thought I had found the wrong thing.

I'll take that back about Shearer, I've just seen it again.

The one I've just watched said 'Neil Lennon heinously headbutts Alan Shearer's foot.'

I don't think the Shearer one is as bad as people make out. I don't think it was deliberate at all, tbh.

Search Youtube for 'Neil Lennon heinously headbutts Alan Shearer's foot,' you might change your mind, I did .

I don't think the Shearer one is as bad as people make out. I don't think it was deliberate at all, tbh.

:kasper: really ?

Yes. I've been through this a few times on this very board. I honestly don't think he was trying to kick him in the head.

Yes. I've been through this a few times on this very board. I honestly don't think he was trying to kick him in the head.

Probably agree that he wasnt being so acurate as to kick him in teh head but he definitely appears to intend on kicking him somewhere

Search Youtube for 'Neil Lennon heinously headbutts Alan Shearer's foot,' you might change your mind, I did .

There are better angles than that which show Lennon takes down Shearer's standing leg.

Probably agree that he wasnt being so acurate as to kick him in teh head but he definitely appears to intend on kicking him somewhere

Oh, aye. He might have been trying to kick him. But that's understandable.