Joey Barton

stozo

Miracles don't come quickly.

Give the lad a chance.

I firmly believe that come spring he'll be producing good stuff.

Takes time when yopu've been injured for some months.

Only the likes of Shearer came back firing, and he's a rarity.

Thought the macums (unpunished) two footed challenge on Viduka was a lot worse and more dangerous.

Why didn't they show that on MOTD ?

So what's the criteria for a FA review? Could a fan send in footage of the two-footer and get a review or does it have to be a complaint from within the game itself?

I thought it had to be mentioned in the referee's report for the game?

Thought the macums (unpunished) two footed challenge on Viduka was a lot worse and more dangerous.

So what's the criteria for a FA review? Could a fan send in footage of the two-footer and get a review or does it have to be a complaint from within the game itself?

The referee saw that and gave nothing so nowt will happen.

The referee can not spot it or take no action but then view it retrospectively after the game and mention it in his report that he believes action needs to be taken.

The referee can not spot it or take no action but then view it retrospectively after the game and mention it in his report that he believes action needs to be taken.

PM knows more than you do about this one stozo.

Couple of questions to the Barton bum club:

1. How long does it take a player to get fit? This is so I can refrain from judging the player until the correct game when he can be regarded as being "fit" - an attribute quite important to a professional footballer I would have thought.

2. Why the f*** would we be playing someone who isn't fit in the first place? Are you saying Allerdyce is playing someone who is not fit enough and therefore incapable of playing a football match?

IMO the 2 footed tackle was worse than Joey high boot but in all honesty I only think this has gone unnoticed within the media as there was very little fuss made about it during the game.

I can't remember who the players where but they both seemed to shrug it off straight away although I honestly think if the ref noticed it then it would have been a straight red.

Guest Knightrider

It takes on average 3-6 months of playing week in week out to get to full fitness, sharpness and more importantly a consistency of form. That is the general rule anyway. Going off that we'll not see the best of Barton for a while yet. He was shocking btw yesterday and clearly running low on stamina and conditioning. But the only way to get there is by playing so it's a catch 22 for the manager and indeed the player himself.

It takes on average 3-6 months of playing week in week out to get to full fitness, sharpness and more importantly a consistency of form. That is the general rule anyway. Going off that we'll not see the best of Barton for a while yet. He was shocking btw yesterday and clearly running low on stamina and conditioning. But the only way to get there is by playing so it's a catch 22 for the manager and indeed the player himself.

In that case he should be playing in the reserves. If a player is seriously unfit and is simply being played to build up his stamina he should not be on the pitch, as is stated he ISN'T fit to play! Absolute ludicrous to think Allerdyce is only playing him so he can build up his fitness level - to the expense of the team... If this is true he is not yet ready to be playing back in the squad, and SA needs his head looked at.

does Barton not realise who he is playing for now ?!???!?!

This is the Toon !!!! We demand instant satisfaction ! We refuse to allow anyone to have any time to build their performances ! If you don't do it instantly then you're on your bike ! If there's no immediate wow factor then the fans will let you know about your shortcomings ! Patience is a virtue that we don't have ! It's why we've got such a long track record of success and the trophy cabinet is full to bursting.....

Jesus, the lads played 3 times since coming back from a serious injury and people are on his back already. Get a grip man.

Same with Sam. We're 12 games into a total overhaul of the club and already the knives are being sharpened.

IMO the 2 footed tackle was worse than Joey high boot but in all honesty I only think this has gone unnoticed within the media as there was very little fuss made about it during the game.

I can't remember who the players where but they both seemed to shrug it off straight away although I honestly think if the ref noticed it then it would have been a straight red.

Yes it proves how bad the ref was and how he had been gotten to by the home crowd and players.

If Etuhu had reacted quietly like Viduka did to the appalling 2 footed challenge nothing would have happened.

Equally had Barton rolled over when Etuhu stock his head in his face, then the outcome would also be different.

Barton didn't play act and now it looks like he'll be punished for not doing so.

Guest derek sausage

In almost 40 years of watching the toon I dont ever recall complaining about one of our own players challenges.

Until I saw Bartons yesterday. Thats how bad it was.

Give him a chance, i doubt he has full fitness yet, because it certainly doesnt look like he is fully fit. However he has shown some glimpses of vision and skill, especially for that little intracate one-two with Milner before the goal, and a few passes and tackles spring to mind too.