Joey Barton

stozo

Guest optimistic nit

In almost 40 years of watching the toon I dont ever recall complaining about one of our own players challenges.

Until I saw Bartons yesterday. Thats how bad it was.

I think Shearer kicking Neil Lennon in the head was much much worse

I don't think Shearer kicking Lennon was worse because I'm still not convinced that Shearer meant it although he probably did.  Shearer was going down and was spinning, I think he probably went for Lennon but I'm not certain.  I am certain that Barton knew what he was doing.

i dont think bartons was that bad myself. it was a bit dirty, probably deserved a red or yellow and warning but it was hardly disgraceful. that said if i was a mackem i'd be livid.

In almost 40 years of watching the toon I dont ever recall complaining about one of our own players challenges.

Until I saw Bartons yesterday. Thats how bad it was.

I think Shearer kicking Neil Lennon in the head was much much worse

I don't think Shearer kicking Lennon was worse because I'm still not convinced that Shearer meant it although he probably did.  Shearer was going down and was spinning, I think he probably went for Lennon but I'm not certain.  I am certain that Barton knew what he was doing.

i dont think bartons was that bad myself. it was a bit dirty, probably deserved a red or yellow and warning but it was hardly disgraceful. that said if i was a mackem i'd be livid.

Just off to have a look..........

Barton gets picked on because of his rep it was bad but so we there 2 footed challenge press or MOTD dont even mention that.

They strangely failed to pick up on Carragher pulling a player over in the area against Arsenal too. I find MOTD very strange in their choice of coverage sometimes.

Barton gets picked on because of his rep it was bad but so we there 2 footed challenge press or MOTD dont even mention that.

They strangely failed to pick up on Carragher pulling a player over in the area against Arsenal too. I find MOTD very strange in their choice of coverage sometimes.

Sam doesn't speak to the BBC though.............

What's that got to do with Liverpool?

What's that got to do with Liverpool?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't I said it did have anything to do with Liverpool?!  It was more a possible reason as to why MOTD focussed on it more than anything else over the weekend. 

And tbf fair you know exactly what I was getting at.  Carry on being a smart arse though..........

On regional BBC last night the smog Clemmet chose to milk the Barton incident while conveniently omitting to mention the horrendous two footed challenge on Viduka, or for that matter the two wrong decisions which would have left Owen one on one with the £9M keeper.

Modern day journalists/pundits can not think for themselves, they create a popular agenda and then everyone jumps on board.

The slavver about Roy Keane - great manager - is another example, they all drool over him.

Why will none of them question how he has spent a fortune on players, paying huge salaries and ended up with a team which looks distinctly Championship class ?

Pretty sure I have said it before but I knew people would expect him to come in an perform miracles. He hasn't been good, he has shown one or two glimpses of what he can do but I didn't really expect much else.

Sums this forum up thought really "Well 3 games in and what the fuck has he done!!!".

No, this forum was more "Jory Barton, he's world class, wait till he settles in, he'll be bloody brilliant".

And he won't, he won't at all. He's a decent player, who belongs in an average, mid table team. So YES, he is right for us.

Pretty sure I have said it before but I knew people would expect him to come in an perform miracles. He hasn't been good, he has shown one or two glimpses of what he can do but I didn't really expect much else.

Sums this forum up thought really "Well 3 games in and what the f*** has he done!!!".

No, this forum was more "Jory Barton, he's world class, wait till he settles in, he'll be bloody brilliant".

And he won't, he won't at all. He's a decent player, who belongs in an average, mid table team. So YES, he is right for us.

Hmm while its true everyone was going beserk over Barton, I don't think we can judge him yet. He's played a few matches coming back from injury in a team that was playing poorly. Not many players in the world that thrive in that kind of environment tbh. Maybe he'll be great, maybe not, could go either way for mine

Guest jimmy1982

Still haven't seen the Barton 'tackle' on the mackem yet. Don't think Shearer's was that bad - Lennon was sneakily tugging his shirt and Shearer span and booted him, not aiming for his head in particular. Lennon's crime was worse - he was deliberately and sneakily cheating whereas Shearer was reacting violently. Most people react violently sometimes, we are humans and we can't help it, but cheating is a conscious act. Obviously you try not to react violently but sometimes you lose it. Lennon is a dooshbag anyway.