Steven Taylor

Baggio

Is a liability in the centre of defence.

Not only is he slow and doesn't read the game very well but he's been getting knocked off the ball far to easily for someone who you would consider a strong centre back rather than a technical one, brushed off the ball by Jones like he wasn't even there today, similar to how he got knocked off the ball by Ashley Young against Villa earlier this season.

I'd rather have Faye any day of the week.

mido didn't knock him off the ball did he? i thought mido just ran away from him, which raises another issue about his pace and positioning.

Just edited it, I was thinking about when he got knocked off the ball by Young in the Villa game.

Against Mido he was out of position and couldn't catch him.

Would be chastised almost as much as Bramble was were it not for the fact he's a local lad.

Slow + Careless + Wreckless = not good attributes for a defender.

He gets an unfair amount of stick using the "just because he is a local lad" stick as something to beat him with on here, so you're talking shite.

Still, keep trying to get a wind up on every thread on the first page.

Guest Gemmill

Would be chastised almost as much as Bramble was were it not for the fact he's a local lad.

He gets an unfair amount of stick using the "just because he is a local lad" stick as something to beat him with on here, so you're talking shite.

It's bollocks to compare him to Bramble, but the local lad thing has definitely bought him a ton of slack tbf.  He's benefitted from it far more than it's been used as a stick to beat him with.

It's bollocks to compare him to Bramble, but the local lad thing has definitely bought him a ton of slack tbf.  He's benefitted from it far more than it's been used as a stick to beat him with.

Have to strongly disagree with you.  But going to do it without it turning into a tit for tat argument,

Guest Gemmill

Have to strongly disagree with you.  But going to do it without it turning into a tit for tat argument,

Fair enough, difference of opinion. 

he is not going to be the player we thought he might be when he first broke into the side, but he is not terrible. i think he's as good(or as bad) as rozehnal who also has big faults to his game. a squad player at the moment, and even that might be in jeopardy if we strengthen the position in january or next summer.

I think he'll still turn into a top player.

Baggio - Are there any members of the current squad you actually rate? You slate Milner, Owen, Smith, Taylor.............fucking give it a rest man.

What attributes do you think he has to make him become a top player?

Guest justin99.

even though he's only 21 he's got a huge amount of first grade experience. I don't think he's improved a whole lot/ enough over that time

Baggio - Are there any members of the current squad you actually rate? You slate Milner, Owen, Smith, Taylor.............fucking give it a rest man.

Baggio still thinks Dyer was worth keeping, after 8 years of massive underachieving.   mackems.gif

This thread is a swipe at me because I've been disputing Cacapa with him lately, and said Cacapa was brushed off the ball too easily against Pompey [which he was]. Good job he didn't play today, Jones would have flattened him.

Baggio still thinks Dyer was worth keeping, after 8 years of massive underachieving  mackems.gif

This thread is about Steven Taylor, can you keep it on topic please.

Baggio still thinks Dyer was worth keeping, after 8 years of massive underachieving  mackems.gif

No. If you don't like me dragging up comments by you, tough, as its something you seem to like doing yourself. Its also topical, its about comparing our central defenders.

I also added to the last post too.

He's not a liability but a good squad player at the very least. He will get better, as most defenders do, with experience.

precisely. He's 21. It isn't as if he's about 30 and still not learned to not get knocked off the ball, like Cacapa.

No. If you don't like me dragging up comments by you, tough, as its something you seem to like doing yourself. Its also topical, its about comparing our central defenders.

This thread is about Taylor being a liability, feel free to add your opinion.

If you want to start a thread about Dyer then go ahead and I'll happily pass comment.

This thread is about Taylor being a liability, feel free to add your opinion.

If you want to start a thread about Dyer then go ahead and I'll happily pass comment.

whats the matter Baggio. Can't take people disagreeing with you, or dragging up your points, like you do to others ?

Steven Taylor is a defender for NUFC. Comparing him to other defenders at the club, and comparing your judgement of him to your judgement of others, is very much the point. If you don't like it, stop sniping about young players playing for the shirt, and moaning all the time.

He's strong, can read the game well for his age, rarely gets skinned (See Petrov for an exception this season though) and can challenge.

I think his timing of the challenge can sometimes let him down as can his rashness but he's only a young lad and hasn't really played alongside a good experienced centre half for any length of time.

I find your constant sniping of our squad a bit boring. You love a fucking whinge don't you?

He's strong, can read the game well for his age, rarely gets skinned (See Petrov for an exception this season though) and can challenge.

I think his timing of the challenge can sometimes let him down as can his rashness but he's only a young lad and hasn't really played alongside a good experienced centre half for any length of time.

I find your constant sniping of our squad a bit boring. You love a fucking whinge don't you?

seconded