Liverpool (h) pre match thread

madras

Guest Tiger Tony

If it snows we can have a big snowball fight in Exhibition Park instead of the match, or on town moor. That would be fun. Thats one of the things I love about Newcastle, guaranteed at least one snow ball fight every year! Remember first year I was up there in halls and I sent one flying through a window and it smashed the light into smitherines bluelaugh.gif Tried to fine me £100 too!

Anyway, I suspect the underground heating would do the trick. There were rumours going round that last seasons match was close to getting postponed. But if it does, I wouldn't be that arsed. The 12:45 kick off gets in the way of a good piss up. Why couldn't they be nice and make it 5:15 :frantic: The cup game the other year was 5:35 and there was no bother!

I meant in the Gallowgate... i'm sat in the Gallowgate. Is there much roof cover? Never been into it and i can't remember.

You're in the upper-f******-tier as well :lol:

I got wet in the Milburn level 7 against Everton, it was raining lightly and the wind was blowing from the East.

Guest Tiger Tony

I meant in the Gallowgate... i'm sat in the Gallowgate. Is there much roof cover? Never been into it and i can't remember.

You're in the upper-f******-tier as well :lol:

I got wet in the Milburn level 7 against Everton, it was raining lightly and the wind was blowing from the East.

I've got wet on the second to back row of the away corner before. If the wind is blowing the right way it goes right in. Obviously didn't get soaked, but you could feel it.

Taylor's the worst centre-half at the club. He's had about 80 first team starts now too and the errors show no sign of sign of abating. He also lacks a bit of pace and doesn't have the nouse to make up for it. He's big and strong and honest but that's not enough for me.

I disagree, i think that, given a capable partner and some coaching, he will become a good player.

We have worse performers this season, but as they are "new" - although not all new to the premiership - apparently we aren't a;;owed to discuss them.

Guest Sniffer

Presumably the fact that they are vastly experienced, compared to Taylor, makes them immune from criticismas well.

N'Zogbia, a player everybody seems to cream their pants over, isn't exactly living up to expectations. In fact, he's even allowed to take a year off and very few people are bothered. What a double standard.

Taylor's the worst centre-half at the club. He's had about 80 first team starts now too and the errors show no sign of sign of abating. He also lacks a bit of pace and doesn't have the nouse to make up for it. He's big and strong and honest but that's not enough for me.

I disagree, i think that, given a capable partner and some coaching, he will become a good player.

We have worse performers this season, but as they are "new" - although not all new to the premiership - apparently we aren't a;;owed to discuss them.

Not allowed to discuss them? Everyone (including you) wants Cacapa put down. :lol:

Guest LucasUnger

team for pool?

Given/Harper

Edgar Beye Rozenhal Enrique

Milner Butt Emre Zoggy

Martins Viduka

???

or will it be:

Given/Harper

Carr Beye Rozenhal Zoggy

Butt Geremi Smith

Ameobi Viduka Milner

if he plays like that i walk out after the 2nd minute. ;)

team for pool?

Given/Harper

Edgar Beye Rozenhal Enrique

Milner Butt Emre Zoggy

Martins Viduka

???

or will it be:

Given/Harper

Carr Beye Rozenhal Zoggy

Butt Geremi Smith

Ameobi Viduka Milner

if he plays like that i walk out after the 2nd minute. ;)

Whats with Beye in the middle? Are all of Faye/Cacapa/Taylor injured or just assuming Cacapa won't be selected again?

Assuming Beye does go in the middle I'd line up

Given

Geremi

Beye

Roz

Enrique

Butt

Emre

Barton

Martins

Dukes

Zog

Might even be tempted with Milner at right wing, Zog on the left and drop Barton to the bench for a 4-4-2

Guest FriendlyRed

Alright lads.

Just come in for a chat about the upcoming game at St. James' Park.

Torres is fit enough to start now, which is a great plus for us. Kewell is just about ready for a start, too. Arbeloa should be back for this match, he is a big player for us.

I'd say it'll be a 4-4-2

------------------------Reina---------------------------

Arbeloa-------Carra----------Hyypia---------Aurelio

Benayoun----Gerrard------Sissoko---------Kewell

---------------Torres-------Kuyt

It'll be something along those lines considering we have a game against Porto coming up.

Not allowed to discuss them? Everyone (including you) wants Cacapa put down. :lol:

I wasn't talking about him, i was talking about players who are not new to the premiership.....the hint was in the phrase "not all new to the premiership" ;)

Oh, and on the basis that he was passable for a few games, then absolutely fucking woeful in one, i wouldn't have Cacapa 'put down'. I'd just tie him to a tree in the park with a cleaned-out ice cream tub full of water, and make an anonymous call to the RSPCA.

I wasn't talking about him, i was talking about players who are not new to the premiership.....the hint was in the phrase "not all new to the premiership" ;)

Who exactly are you referring to then, considering people have been very disappointed with Geremi and Smith gets slaughtered after every game? Faye, our best defender so far? Viduka?

Hello and greetings from a Liverpool fan who comes in peace.

I'm over on your illustrious and frankly quite famous message board, well renown for your balanced opinions and well informed supporters (well other than that one guy, you know who I'm talking about, not to worry, we've got one of "them" too) who enjoy focused football debate because we value your opinions.

Now with the necessary smoozing (is that how you spell it, I can never tell, got 22k matches on google so close enough) out of the way, the real reason I am here is that we've started running a feature on the "Away End" board of our forum where we invite the fans of other teams to visit before games in the week for discussion and banter.

This has a few purposes.

1) Because to be frank it's boring preaching to the choir sometimes.

2) We love and respect you!

3) We are scouting information for Rafa  about your team, so far he's ignored everything we've ever said but we continue to try and help.

4) Because it's fun to banter.

There are other boards which also run this feature and I'm not going to pretend I invented the idea. However I can say ours is better as not only do we give away free scarves, but also instructions on how to use them (I have to admit I stole this idea as well, from Aston Villa last season)

So if you'd like to join us or invite us here (if you don't mind us muddying up the place with our dirty shoes) for some open discussion and good natured banter please click the link below.

http://www.liverpoolfc.fm/forums/index.php?act=idx

And remember People, variety is the spice of life!

Thanks in Advance

SNFT (lfc.fm)

Ps, see if you can do better than the Mackems who sent only 5 members over before we went to the SOL.....

You've had had contact from RAWK then, the spying Kop thread......We are completly different from them, more of a frendlie buch :laugh:

We invite fans over for every game, come and have a look :clap2:

Hmm I'm beginning to have troubling visions of a Kewell - Milner matchup (assuming BSA isn't bone stupid and is going to quit playing him on the wrong side of the park). I forsee many flashes of red, advancing past a seemingly stationary black and white shirt.

Depends on which Liverpool turn up, the one that beat Besiktas 8-0 or the one that lost 1-2 to the same team a couple of weeks earlier..... :kasper:

Why isn't Agger playing, Friendly Red?

Broke his metatarsal a while back.

Good chance of being back on Saturday, big bonus for us...!

Guest LucaAltieri

Alright lads.

Just come in for a chat about the upcoming game at St. James' Park.

Torres is fit enough to start now, which is a great plus for us. Kewell is just about ready for a start, too. Arbeloa should be back for this match, he is a big player for us.

I'd say it'll be a 4-4-2

------------------------Reina---------------------------

Arbeloa-------Carra----------Hyypia---------Aurelio

Benayoun----Gerrard------Sissoko---------Kewell

---------------Torres-------Kuyt

It'll be something along those lines considering we have a game against Porto coming up.

Apparently Rafa doesn't want to risk him against our lot. Just back from injury and not quite ready yet. That's what I heard anyway.

Guest LucaAltieri

Looks like Edgar could have to play in central defence. Taylor doubtful, Faye is out, news awaited on Cacapa.

Surely it would make more sense to put Beye central and Geremi at right-back?