Mike Ashley - amazing guy !

Benwell Lad

This billionaire "reclusive" seems to be a pretty amazing guy.

Got to say that despite a lifetime of following NUFC, given the option I'd have been sitting in the directors box today suppin their booze, rather than being stuck behind the goal, but Ashley stuck by his principles and credit to him for that.

If he was chairman or even a director I think protocol would have meant he should take his place in the box and wearing a football shirt would have been out of order, but with no official executive position he can do what he wants and good luck to him.

I think he has made the blubbering blarney merchant (Quinn) look a bit foolish, and I wonder if any of the Irish mobsters who fund sunderland and have their hands up the puppet Quinns arse are thinking of doing the same at SJP. I doubt it - do they even bother going to the SOS ?

Yeah, well done Mike Ashley for being true to your beliefs, I'm sure in time you (and us) will have the club you deserve.

He's great isn't he? :D

bet he didn't apply through the proper channels for his ticket. he's done some proper fan out of a ticket for the most sought after away game of the season

I'd have gladly given him mine in return for what he's done for us and who knows that the fan in question didn't end up in the box instead ?

bet he didn't apply through the proper channels for his ticket. he's done some proper fan out of a ticket for the most sought after away game of the season

I think paying £200 million for the pleasure just about makes it OK, anyway he's starting to look more like a proper fan himself. 

That "proper fan" probably hasn't wiped off £200m worth of the club's debt. I hardly think we can begrudge the man a ticket.

It's good for the club as a whole what he's doing tbh.

He could easily just sit with other posh twats and listen to them telling him which players are good and which players are shit etc.

But he's actually bothering his arse to find out what the fans think the players are performing like during games, top bloke

Loving his celebration when we scored today like  :smitten:

It's good for the club as a whole what he's doing tbh.

He could easily just sit with other posh twats and listen to them telling him which players are good and which players are s*** etc.

But he's actually bothering his arse to find out what the fans think the players are performing like during games, top bloke

Loving his celebration when we scored today like  :smitten:

his next step is to say "thanks sam but fuck off, madras's mam is in charge of the team from now as even she has more of a fucking clue about what to do with this squad"

Ashley looks like he's been wearing the colours all his life, he actually looks like an ordinary genuine fan.  He’s clearly enjoying going to the games, it will be interesting to see if he returns to the directors box for home games or tries the Gallowgate.

As described above Mike Ashley travelled on the buses with the Newcastle fans and took up his place behind the goal, where he stood throughout the game, as did everyone.

Interesting to see whether this affects our allocation next time we visit the dark place.

From .com

Interesting point, actually. A club owner has tacitly come out in favour of standing in seated areas.

As described above Mike Ashley travelled on the buses with the Newcastle fans and took up his place behind the goal, where he stood throughout the game, as did everyone.

Interesting to see whether this affects our allocation next time we visit the dark place.

From .com

Interesting point, actually. A club owner has tacitly come out in favour of standing in seated areas.

Interesting, I wonder if that will help the people who are campaigning for safe standing?

Im pretty drunk now so not sure if your serious Madras but if you are:

Get a grip mate, he owns NUFC for fucks sake

If your not then:

fuck to you :razz:

Guest justin99.

Every bit of footage I saw of him, barring the goal, he was seated.

Incorrect statement.

Every bit of footage I saw of him, barring the goal, he was seated.

Incorrect statement.

Surely we didn't score that many goals because every time they showed him on the telly he was and his friends standing...