If possible I would sell Michael Owen in Jan...

Parky

Just wondering, how many people on here would mind say, Owen leaving and Arshavin and Edmilsson being bought with the money?

I don't really know enough about Arshavin to make a fair judgment on that. A few decent international performances and doing well for a Russian club doesn't mean he'd cut it over here. Edmilson isn't getting any younger (32 next July) and isn't really as creative a midfielder as we need.

Someone else in this thread said it right, make the chances for Owen and more often than not, he will score. It's the making chances bit we're not doing well at the moment. Getting rid of Owen and bringing in Arshavin would be counter-productive and it's not like we need to sell one to fund the other.

Isnt Edmilson defensive? To be honest id have a team built around him, just like SBR did with Shearer, Owens gonna be too big a burden on SA, there is no way that SA can fit in Owen into his team. Arshavin has looked like a good little player though, i like the look of him, would like to see a young defensive midfielder though.

Considering Allardyce was desperate for the England job, if he sells Owen because he cannot get the best out of him and/or find a system that works for him, then I think that is a serious failing on his part and perhaps indicates that he is not as good as he thinks he is.

Guest justin99.

I'd rather get rid of Allardyce then Owen.

It's not like only Owen doesn't fit SA's system.

But surely people can a few months to see how things progress rather than jumping to ridiculous conclusions ie sack the manager, sell players etc.

If the team was playing well and Owen didn't fit in I'd say sure, sell him.

But the team is gelling poorly, and I see no reason why Anelka, Crouch, Drogba, van Persie or anyone else would have much of an impact if all we're doing is lobbing undirected slow floaters in their general direction.

Sam needs to show he can use players of the quality of Owen, not sell them.

Guest Sniffer

I have no idea who elmander is but if he fits into Fat Sam's tactical plan of hoofing high balls then hopefully he is at least 12 feet tall.

I have no idea who elmander is but if he fits into Fat Sam's tactical plan of hoofing high balls then hopefully he is at least 12 feet tall.

Or doesn't mind being left on the bench in favour of a player who is out of position, not as good as you in YOUR position, and much needed in his OWN place.

Nice one "Big Sam", you're the one for us....4th position is nailed on this season.

Might as well hold on to Owen cos if we sold him,we would get nowt!But I will go fucking mental if he walks back in to the team again ahead of Oba,who was doing pretty good!This is Obas big chance now and I really hope he takes it with both hands,after all he is our top scorer he deserves a chance ffs!

Might as well hold on to Owen cos if we sold him,we would get nowt!But I will go fucking mental if he walks back in to the team again ahead of Oba,who was doing pretty good!This is Obas big chance now and I really hope he takes it with both hands,after all he is our top scorer he deserves a chance ffs!

I'd like to see him and Martins play togetherm considering how poor Viduka has been overall.

I wanted Anelka when we bought Owen and I'd have him now, not that we'd get enough money from the sale of Owen to but Anelka.   I'd be amazed if we could get £5 million for Owen, no matter how good he is when at his best, he's a liability because of his injuries.

I wanted Anelka when we bought Owen and I'd have him now, not that we'd get enough money from the sale of Owen to but Anelka.  I'd be amazed if we could get £5 million for Owen, no matter how good he is when at his best, he's a liability because of his injuries.

There's no way Owen's worth less than Dyer.

I wanted Anelka when we bought Owen and I'd have him now, not that we'd get enough money from the sale of Owen to but Anelka.   I'd be amazed if we could get £5 million for Owen, no matter how good he is when at his best, he's a liability because of his injuries.

There's no way Owen's worth less than Dyer.

Was Dyer worth £7 million?