Thigh muscle tear for Owen, out for a month+

Guest nufc 4 life

Guest nufc 4 life

Well at least the FA will pay his wages for this amount of time - however long it turns out to be. He has not had the best of luck with injuries. I for one am quite pleased that he will be missing for the Croatia game as it may well give Smith a game up front for England!!!! There is always going to be accusation against little mic when he appears to always tie his come back games perfectly for England, so pleased that he misses this one. The thought now of Smith up front for us is even more horrific than missing Owen. I for one would welcome shola with open arms

your mental if you would rather play Ameobi up front than Smith

Well at least the FA will pay his wages for this amount of time - however long it turns out to be. He has not had the best of luck with injuries. I for one am quite pleased that he will be missing for the Croatia game as it may well give Smith a game up front for England!!!! There is always going to be accusation against little mic when he appears to always tie his come back games perfectly for England, so pleased that he misses this one. The thought now of Smith up front for us is even more horrific than missing Owen. I for one would welcome shola with open arms

i dont think he's that crazy......

Tell you what realy dissapoints me, when he's fit he will expect to be straight back into the first team regardless of how well we might be doing without him and how well Martins might be doing having stepped in for him.

This is freakin' tragic as absolutely no one will want anything to do with him now. We are stuck with him till his contract runs out. You couldn't flog him for £5 million right now even.

Slightly convenient that he now doesn't have to play against his beloved Liverpool.

Also slightly depressing that he can get injured kicking a ball, that is what he trains to do day in day out...........

The game had been held up for 5 minutes due to an injury to the goalkeeper. It is freezing conditions. The game restarts, England make a good move and Owen stretches to make the shot. It is not beyond the realms of logic that injuries like that can happen to anyone. The muscles had been relaxed and frozen and then they are suddenly stretched. But don't let facts get in the way will you now?

Guest nufc 4 life

Smith played very wll up front when he played with Martins... can't understand how people would rather play someone who has no match practice of late over someone who has and has shown he can play up front quite effectively!

its a tough one, its like saying do you want stabbed in the left eye or the right?

Guest nufc 4 life

Slightly convenient that he now doesn't have to play against his beloved Liverpool.

Also slightly depressing that he can get injured kicking a ball, that is what he trains to do day in day out...........

The game had been held up for 5 minutes due to an injury to the goalkeeper. It is freezing conditions. The game restarts, England make a good move and Owen stretches to make the shot. It is not beyond the realms of logic that injuries like that can happen to anyone. The muscles had been relaxed and frozen and then they are suddenly stretched. But don't let facts get in the way will you now?

he didn't stretch at all he just kicked it....

We have a really important England game next week don't we? I doubt Owen would fake an injury before a potentially huge England game.

(not that I think he would fake one anyway but these conspiracy theory lovers need to think things through a bit more :D)

ok, whatever. He just stood there and calmly kicked it. Never exerted his muscles at all. As you wish.

Guest nufc 4 life

ok, whatever. He just stood there and calmly kicked it. Never exerted his muscles at all. As you wish.

:lol: didn't mean it like that, but he didn't over-stretch as you suggested

If people want to be mad at someone/something, blame the FA for allowing such a ludicrously pointless game. If this was in the Croatia game then possibly fair enough, but a useless friendly? Tossers.

What I meant was that the muscles were stretched, he had to accelerate and make the shot (which he fired off quickly, again stretching the muscles) after being standing still in freezing conditions. Thigh strains can easily happen to anyone in those kind of conditions after the muscles were relaxed for 5 minutes.

I just wish that McLaren hadn't organized the stupid pointless friendly but I don't think its Owens fault, or that he has picked it up because he is injury prone. He probably is more than most, (or at least has been for us) but not as much as Dyer, and its a bit dissapointing to see people thinking that somehow its his fault.

Guest nufc 4 life

What I meant was that the muscles were stretched, he had to accelerate and make the shot (which he fired off quickly, again stretching the muscles) after being standing still in freezing conditions. Thigh strains can easily happen to anyone in those kind of conditions after the muscles were relaxed for 5 minutes.

I just wish that McLaren hadn't organized the stupid pointless friendly but I don't think its Owens fault, or that he has picked it up because he is injury prone. He probably is more than most, (or at least has been for us) but not as much as Dyer, and its a bit dissapointing to see people thinking that somehow its his fault.

i've never said it was his fault, but hopefully your talking about other people and what you have said is fair enough

i've never said it was his fault, but hopefully your talking about other people and what you have said is fair enough

I was, it wasn't aimed directly at you. Sorry if it came across that way. :coolsmiley:

Guest nufc 4 life

I was, it wasn't aimed directly at you. Sorry if it came across that way. :coolsmiley:

:knuppel2:  :crazy2:  O0

If people want to be mad at someone/something, blame the FA for allowing such a ludicrously pointless game. If this was in the Croatia game then possibly fair enough, but a useless friendly? Tossers.

utter stupidity by the fa, to play a game in those temperatures when the crunch game is a home match? can't understand them

For me this is the straw that has broken the camel's back. I wash my hands of England.

I couldn't care less if England don't qualify. I'm past caring.

I don't care about international football even 5% as much as I care about NUFC. The breaks just spoil the season and offer the opportunity for national teams to crock our players.

I'm sick of the media hype over England and the 'In-ger-land' fans are a bunch of f*cking knobs.

Kev basically doesn't have a clue.

Did you have a clue when you were 14? 

I didn't think footballers were wankers just for getting injured playing, no.

I doubt he quite meant it like that.  I'm sure we all said something daft regarding football at 14. 

:lol:

Oh, what a f*** up. £16m well spent. :jesuswept:

I'm not even arsed anymore, let's bring our top scorer in instead, thank you very much.

:thup:

Kev basically doesn't have a clue.

Did you have a clue when you were 14? 

I had a raging clue when I was 14...

And at least we get to see our top goal scorer now.

Did you hide it behind your books in class?  I did.

Agreed, can't wait to see Oba get more than 8min +Injury Time. 

Guest Stephen927

I would love to know what McClaren learned from this friendly.

Just hoping Viduka can stay fit while Owen is out, Martins can hopefully come in now and try and cement a place. I do think that Owen will be right back into the team though as soon as he's fit.